Awkward turtle

No Explanation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Awkward turtle

Hyerin didn’t know how to respond to the doctor’s question. Does Baekhyun like her too? She had no ing idea. She scratched her head awkwardly in silence as the doctor opposite her stared at her, waiting for the fine answer that never arrived. Awkward turtle in the room, yo.

She never knew how it would feel like to actually like like somebody – love, perhaps. She never knew that Baekhyun has taken the first place in her heart. She thought it would not be easy, liking or even loving someone. But she wanted to try with Baekhyun because being with him was just so perfect. They were so wonderful together, he was just so beautiful and lovely – Hyerin would never ever want to be separated from him.

However, the question was – does Baekhyun like her too? Does he? Damn, that was another question to add to the lists of things that drove her crazy. The unanswered questions caused by Baekhyun would surely make her hair go gray any sooner.

So, she left the clinic, slightly disappointed and embarrassed because firstly, she still didn’t know what to do with Baekhyun. Should she act differently, now that she has realized her feelings? Or should she behave the same like all along; as good friends? That would just give herself an achy breaky heart because she obviously didn’t want to be just good friends with her crush, no way. No one wants to. She gave herself mental slaps on her temple and faced palm herself many times. She was so dumb for going to the doctor in the first place. What was more embarrassing was that she was not sick at all, she was in love. That surely didn’t serve her trip to the doctors.

Besides that, Hyerin was afraid. She was really scared of what was going to happen next. She had never been in a relationship before and she didn’t want to get her heart devastated and broken by her good friend. And what’s more, she didn’t want to ruin their friendship. She wanted a serious relationship, not some fling that would end days later. She wanted to trust her partner whole-heartedly that she could just give up her life for him if she had to, knowing he would do the same if she was in danger.

She was in dilemma to either take the risk or not and was afraid that Baekhyun wouldn’t be the person because she wanted Baekhyun to be her partner for life. Therefore, she was afraid that maybe Baekhyun wouldn’t be Mr. Right. She would get her heart broken if he wasn’t too.  

✧✧✧

Baekhyun recalled the encouraging tap on the shoulder by JoonMyun, boy did his friend know that he really helped him a lot and gave aid to his own stupid brain. He was grateful to have such an angelic best friend like JoonMyun that would help him with his Hyerin problem.

Immediately, he thought of the girl he likes again. She has never once left his mind actually – it was as if only Hyerin revolves around his world. He wanted to see her so badly; to talk to her; to listen to her voice; to see her beautiful smile on her beautiful face, he just wanted to be with her every single second. It couldn’t be considered as a want anymore, it has already been a need to do so. His heart gnawed at the thought of not being able to see her that exact moment. He didn’t even realize that he was already so deeply and unconditionally in love with Hyerin.

From his pocket, he took out his phone and felt a little disappointed when there were no messages or calls from Hyerin. He should take the initiative then! Thus, he decided to text her.

I need to see you.

His thumb lingered on the send button but he shook his head and witnessed the message get deleted. A sigh escaped from his lips and he began to type again, this time with more consideration and deep thoughts. Was it because he had realized his feelings that he had gotten more paranoid and sensitive?

Are you free now?

Short and simple. He pressed send and waited patiently for her reply. Those three words would surely grab the attention of Hyerin’s immediately and he guessed that she would be curious as to why he asked so maybe she would reply back quickly. If she replied, ‘No I’m expensive,’ then that would be epically frustrating.

It was already 10 minutes and still, she hasn’t replied yet. Baekhyun started to pace forth and back in his room. What was she doing at that current moment? Was she that busy that she couldn’t even spare a second to reply his message because he needed her so desperately? Or could she be sleeping? Holy crap, he just needed to know her whereabouts and her doings as soon as possible because she was simply driving him nuts.

She had the power to make a day feel like a minute, spending time with her just went passed so quickly because he was so happy that he has always looked forward to spending even more time with her. This was exactly like a drama or a movie. He felt like the main character of a romance movie.

He wondered how it be if they were together. If he confessed and if she returned his feelings then everything would just be perfect. Would wishes and dreams come true if you wish and wish earnestly? Would they? Would they come true just like those in fairy tales?

Cinderella and Prince Charming ended up together and they lived happily ever after, didn’t they? They took such a long and troublesome time looking for each other – their other halves. Well, Baekhyun wondered if they would last a lifetime if they were together. He wanted an infinite happy ending because he was very very extremely sure that his love for Hyerin was infinite.

Feeling the vibration of his phone from his right hand, Baekhyun glanced warily at it and grinned like a little boy that got a lollipop. Hyerin was calling him! He rubbed his eyes to double check. Luckily, his eyes were not playing a trick on him.

Of course, he answered instantly.

“Hyerin,” He smiled and there were joy and excitement displayed in his tone.

“Baekhyun, we need to talk,”

Baekhyun straightened up at the seriousness from her voice. She sounded very stern. Was she mad with him at something he had done? But he snapped out of it because he needed to see her so desperately and also to let his feelings out.

✧✧✧

“I went to see a doctor just now,” Hyerin started nervously, heck she was pani

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter