Two- Unwanted Roommate

Extraterrestrial

 

 

“DROP YOUR WEAPON...Human.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chills ran down my spine as I dropped the umbrella I was holding. In the back of my mind, I’m so stupid for giving up so easily to this bastard. Something told me to not look behind me, but either way, I did—with both hands raised in the air.

 

 

 

“OH MY GAD! PUT TOP DOWN!” I yelled as I saw TOP wriggling awkwardly in the arms of... a girl...in a costume?? And she’s pointing some sort of weapon at me that looked like a megaphone.

 

“Who are you, and what are you doing in my house?! And what’s more—why are you holding TOP like that?! He’s going to die can’t you see?!” My poor poor bestfriend kept wriggling away from her grip, suffocating.

 

 

She made no reaction. Her face was slightly in the dark, plus there was some kind of head gear on her, so I was unsure of her expression at the moment. But I knew well not to let my guard down.

 

 

 

 

---

 

“There you go buddy,” I smiled as I watched TOP eat the anchovies I just sliced. If I wasn’t able to agree on this...who knows what would’ve happen to my dear buddy. He was my favorite pet after Sanggun (a dog) died. My appa brought me to the pet store, and he insisted to buy me a goldfish. I hated those orange-colored airheads... But then I saw this long silver-colored fish—he was about the length of a hand before, swimming like a boss in his own tank. I demanded my appa to buy him for me.

Look at him now, almost two-feet in length! What a good boy my Arowana is~

 After munching on almost thirty pieces, he swam slowly in his tank. Lazy bum as always—after eating, he goes straight to sleeping.

 

 

I sighed as I gazed upon the creature who was a while ago, trying to take my precious TOP’s life. She was now calmly sitting in the living room.

Pouring the freshly brewed tea on her cup, I tried my best to keep a calm face.

“So you’re saying, I should let you stay here for a couple of days until you get a new ship?” I sighed at the thought. Great. An unwanted roommate.

 

“What planet are you from anyway?” I can't believe what's coming out of my mouth right now. Am I actually believing that she’s a stranded alien who needs some help? I pinched myself on the cheek to see if I was dreaming. Aw. Apparently, I’m not.

 

“I’m from Planet Sorghum.” She replied seriously. Unlike before, her facial features were more evident. She had slightly round eyes, tall nose, and thin lips. If I were to describe her the geek’s way, I would say she looked more like an anime character...Or a cosplayer, for this matter. Her hair, tied into a tight ponytail was colored dark red, with straight-cut bangs covering her forehead. To be honest, she didn’t look like an alien. She looked exactly like any normal human being. I was expecting an alien looking so different—short, wrinkled skin, enlarged eyes, long neck, and weird looking mouth. You know, like the one in the E.T. movie.

 

“I was sent to observe the Extrasolar Planets by my captain. I was supposed to land on the planet Venus, but I suppose the vessel technician miscalculated my landing area.” She had her eyes closed, as if recalling the details deeply. Her eyerbrows suddenly crossed, like something bothered her.

 

A part of me kept bugging, what if she’s a swindler? Or some robber who wanted something in me. Maybe she’ll get a few of my organs while I’m sleeping—or maybe she’ll abduct me while I’m asleep? Aish Seunghyun, get a grip. If she wanted anything in me, she could’ve killed me this instant.

 

“I apologize for bringing you discomfort,” she spoke in a stern way, like we were in some important business talk. “I reckon this is your home?”

 

What does it look like? Aigoo—I can’t believe it. Even in space, idiots still exist.

 

I nodded with a displeased look, “And thanks to your entrance, half of my house is destroyed.”

 

“I apologize,” she closed her eyes and took a deep breathe, “When I’ll be able to contact my comrades, I assure you everything will be spic and span.”

 

 

 

Her sudden promise makes me raise an eyebrow, “As good as it was before?”

 

 

 

 

“As if nothing happened.”

 

 

 

I sighed in relief. For now, her promise seemed to be reassuring...Plus the fact that I don’t have the money for the repairing expenses, I really have no choice but to take her pledge.

 

 

Carefully laying my thick comforter on the thin carpet, I placed the pillows and began preparing myself for sleep. Tomorrow’s going to be another day, and I can’t afford to pull lazy acts now, since YG’s eyes seem to be on me.

 

I gazed at the empty couch that I turned into a bed for the ‘guest’. “Aren’t you going to sleep yet?” I called out, loud enough for her to hear, wherever she is.

 

Her voice echoed through the hallway, “I can’t. Not until I finish working on this.”

 

 

---

Boo-yah! :)

How's the chapter? Boring? Don't worry, the fun has just begun.

 

Pop Quiz answer:

TOP is an Arowana!

I dunno why I thought of him having that kind of pet. I haven't seen him having any pet...Getting a dog is too common; cats doesn't seem to fit his type...

 

----

littlegreenpompoms : These two will forever be cute together~ :D
Thank you for leaving your comment! ^^ Stay tuned!


gjie2cute : Wahaha~ I hope I'll be able to satisfy your excitement until the end. :) Stay tuned! ^^

chasingbom : Oh really? Platypus likes anchovies? I didn't know~ :D Wahaha~ Good guess though, he's an Arowana... :) Seunghyun has a strange choice of pet, doesn't he? :)
Thanks for leaving your comment! :)


flutterby_byul : I've only thought of the plot recently since they were frequently dubbed as the Alien Couple... I'm glad you're liking it so far. :) TOP's an Arowana (fish)... :) Good guess though... Cats do like fishes~ ^^

wochidangao : thank you~ :> i appreciate your comment... and yeah, TOP's a fish~! :)) I'm glad someone got it right~ :D

---

 

Thank you once again to my loyal subbies~! See you in the next chapter! ^_^