Third - Rules

Extraterrestrial

 

 

 

Five o’ clock.

 

 

 

I stretched my arms and legs as far as I could, and to my surprise, I bumped onto something hard. Oh yeah, I remembered sleeping in the living room... Oh precious bed, how I’ll miss you.

 

Scratching my sleepy eyes, I began treading the road to the bathroom. Ignoring the lights on, I opened the unlocked door and placed my hands on the sides of the sink. Let the morning ceremony begin.

 

The cold water ran freely into the sink, and as I began splashing water on my face, I heard some sounds of clothes dropping. I raised my head to face the mirror, and to my surprise, a female appeared behind me.

 

“WHOA!!” I swiftly turned around to double check if I’m not seeing illusions, causing me to slip down. There she stood, her porcelain skin exposed; she had long luscious legs and petite, slender arms; her waist so curvy like the ones I saw in magazines back in the fifth grade; and her...s... so.. round... and seemingly soft...

 

 

 

“Are you okay human?” her voice resonated the room, making me gape at her body more. Her jawline was absolutely looking y, plus her eyes looking down on me was so .

 

 

The ? Am I getting ?

 

 

“Yah! At least learn to lock the door!” I looked away, immediately standing up and bolted straight to the door. My heart was thumping madly. As loser as it may sound, that would be the first time for me to see a real lady in person. The time I got so close to touching a body like that, was well, when I was dreaming... Right after Jiyoung-ah forced me to watch ...also during the fifth grade.

 

 

I half-ran upstairs, still startled. Oh why the heck did I forgot someone was living here? How rude of me to barge in... But still, she left the door unlocked! It wasn’t my fault I saw her...in th-that state. Aish Choi Seunghyun! Whoever taught you to become a ert?! But still... those legs... those... ies...

 

 

 

“Human. Yah.”

 

 

I was once startled from my imagination when a familiar voice crept near, “WOAH!! Whe-when d-did you c-come in here?!” She was standing beside me again, still . There must some magnet in her that my eyes keep fixating at those big...s...

“A-aaiyaaah! What are you doing here?!” I exclaimed as I looked away, “And why don’t you have anything on? Are you a nudist or something?” Oh hell, if she would agree on being a nudist, I might as well die happy in this house.

 

“I came to ask where can I get these cleaned,” she raised her silver costume; it looked dirtier than last night.

 

“There’s a washing machine in the kitchen,” I uttered, keeping my eyes on the costume, preventing it from wandering to unwanted places again.

Kitchen? Oh crap, I forgot it was destroyed last night because of her grand entrance! “Aish... The machine’s destroyed...I’ll just take them to the laundry shop.”

 

She handed her dusty costume to me, “Here you go then. Thank you very much, human.” Then she began walking away, still . Whoa... Upfront she has a pair of big s, and behind, she has a set of great looking bum...  My mouth began to dry as I gaped at her again. Aish! That’s not it!!!

 

 

 

“Alien-yah! Wear these for the meantime,” Lucky for her I have kept my small shirt from highschool...I also matched it with a pair of jogging pants. I threw it to her and I kept my eyes fixated on the ceiling to stop myself from gaping again. A few seconds of silence, she began looking at it like some foreign material.... “It’s clothes, alien. It’s clothes. We wear it to protect ourselves from getting cold.” I explained as thoroughly as I can. Living with an alien is more difficult than taking in a stray cat.

 

My heart began thumping madly again when she began wearing it infront of me.

 

“Aish! Don’t you have dignity?” I frowned, earning a wondering face from her, “Go change in the bathroom.”

 

“Does it matter?” she replied once again, in a stern voice, “I’ll come out wearing the same article anyway.”

 

“Aren’t you scared of the possibility that I might do something bad to you?” I uttered as she finally slipped in the pants I gave her. You’re a delicious looking woman and anytime my ert thoughts might go haywire and consume you. I wonder why the heck isn’t she the least bit scared.

 

 

 

“Don’t worry, human. I sense you are completely harmless...And if you do—” out of nowhere appeared her weird-looking gun again, pointed at me, “You know what I’ll do next.”

 

 

 

Darn this. She’s the one who requested to stay here, and yet she thinks she’s the boss... Aish. This is why I don’t want a woman in the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun left the house at around six already, his stomach growling. His whole kitchen was still in a mess, and so was his fridge.

 

“Damnit. Of all places she had to land on, why my place?” Seunghyun thought to himself as he grabbed a sandwich from the shelf. He was planning on saving money by spending less on food, but here he was, having breakfast in the convenience store. As he munched on his salami sandwich which by the way he despised the taste, he couldn’t help but think of his new roommate.

 

 

I wonder if she’s hungry? I didn’t hear her ask for food...Maybe aliens don’t eat human food? Should I pick up some grass later? Or maybe some poison? Heck, Seunghyun. She’s an alien, not an animal. Oh well, I told her if ever she needed me, she can call using the home phone.

 

Glancing at his cellphone to see no missed calls, he stood up and began walking to the bus station.

 

 

Every hour or so, Seunghyun couldn’t help be bothered by his new roommate. Why isn’t she calling? Is it because she doesn’t know how to use the phone? Or maybe she has left the house along with my remaining furniture? Or maybe she brought TOP with her? Ah geez! Why did I even let her in, in the first place?!

 

 

“Is there something wrong, Choi Seunghyun-sshi?” a cold voice appeared from behind, “You’ve been checking your phone a lot. I suppose you’re not planning on ditching during work hours?”

Seunghyun immediately snapped his phone to a close and hid it inside his pocket. Smiling back, he replied, “A-aniyo, YG-sajanggnim. I just happened to have a habit of checking my phone...I-In case my Umma calls.”

YG frowned and left his cubicle with heavy footsteps. Seunghyun could only sigh in relief as he was once again, nearly caught. No more fooling around Seunghyun. Everything’s fine back home. Everything’s fine.

 

 

 

 

 

-----

 

“Alien-sshi! TOP-yah! Are you still alive?!” Seunghyun yelled as he entered his apartment. A flash of relief passed through him as he saw everything in place. Something’s different though.

Since when did he have a nice vase on top of his coffee table? Since when were his pile of DVD’s arranged by title in a shelf? Since when did he have a picture frame hanged in the living room? And since when was his whole house free from cobwebs and dust?!

 

Running to the kitchen, he was also stunned by the scene. Everything seemed in place, well, except for the big whole in the ceiling, and his broken furniture—everything was clean. All the soiled dishes were back in place, the sink, even though it looks a bit in a wreck, was sparkling white. He placed the grocery items on the lavatory and began walking to the bathroom.

 

 

Am I in the right house? There’s the same old blue bathroom door, the same white sink, the same old tiles...And whaaaa...

 

 

 

“Oh, annyeong Human...I just finished using your cascade. You can use it now.” That same voluptuous figure coming out of the shower then again appeared before him. This time, she wasn’t wearing her ponytail, thus, revealing her wavy scarlet red hair draped over her chest. So luscious, he thought.

 

Poor Seunghyun slipped again, falling hard on his . He still can’t get used to the fact that he has a roommate. And his roommate doesn’t know anything about privacy and self-respect.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Alien-sshi.” Seunghyun uttered after taking a gulp of his soda, “Since you are living here on Earth, under my territory--”

“Pardon? You own this planet?” the alien across him replied with earnest eyes.

 

Oh how I wish I was. “I’m not the king of the planet—however, you live under my refuge; therefore under my territory and control. Hence, there are rules that you must follow.”

 

The alien a displeased look as Seunghyun began blabbering his house rules. To be honest, Seunghyun never had house rules since he expects to have the apartment all by himself. Now that he’s having a new roommate, he felt like he sounded like his Umma.

 

“...And please! Lock the bathroom door when you’re using it. Geez! Here in Earth, men and women are different. There are some things that men shouldn’t see in women, and there are things that women also shouldn’t see in men.”

 

“Like what?”

 

Your body! Women are not allowed to show off too much skin unless it is for their husband!”

 

“Then what about those women on the cover of your DVDs?”

 

 

 

Nice going Seunghyun. “W-well, they’re different...”

 

 

“How?”

 

Let’s just say they are for entertainment purposes—“Nevermind. It’s just that. I don’t want to see you walking around or in the shower without clothes on again. It’s just not right.”

 

Silence sprawled the house as Seunghyun disappeared to the kitchen for a moment. “What do you eat anyway? I brought some vegetables and a few meat...I’m not sure of your diet.”

 

 

“Anything edible’s fine.”

 

How about some fresh grass? Seunghyun thought. At least somehow he’s relieved that his roommate isn’t picky. As he began to wash the vegetables, he remembered his little sister Minzy back home. Dukboki and ramen always make that little girl happy, especially when I come home to make it. Umma rarely (or you mean, never) cooks for us, so Little Min is so happy everytime I cook for her. Aigoo..Just remembering her chubby pink cheeks make me want to see her. I wonder if he’s getting along fine with her bestfriend Daesung? Heck, if he ever makes my sister cry, I’ll be sure to stretch his squinting eyes until he can no longer see!

 

 

“Is it normal for humans to smile and change emotions so suddenly--for no valid reason?”

 

 

Seunghyun tried to break a laugh, “I was just remembering my little sister.” After taking out the chopped rice cakes and putting them into the bowl, he placed the saucepan on the stove. “What about you? Don’t you miss anyone back home?” he asked. Not that he was trying to break the ice, but he was curious about this alien’s background too.

 

“None.” She replied, taking a peek in the grocery bags, “I don’t have a family.”

 

 

Seunghyun who was busy mincing the ake mushrooms suddenly halted, “For real?”

 

 

“Species like us are produced through cloning.” She spoke as she walked across the kitchen, sitting at the dining chair, “Every creature that is born has their specific duty; electrical pioneering, aircraft navigation, engineering systems... Each one is assigned to a specific task to do forever, right from the moment you are named.”

 

 

“That must ,” Seunghyun replied, continuing cutting the onion leaves. “Speaking of names, do you have one? ” I like calling her alien, but, as a human’s custom, it is only respectful to know their name. “I’m Seunghyun—Choi Seunghyun.”

 

 

“Bloodshot Rainfall Marquessa,” she sternly replied. Her name gives a fantasy feel...Like the names I give to my game character. Though it is certainly pretty, he doubts he can call her that always. In this case, Alien could be a better option.

 

“How ‘bout a nickname? You have one?” Seunghyun replied as he added the fish cakes into the boiling water.

 

“Is that a human code or something?” she replied, smelling the orange on her hand.

 

“How do you suppose I call you with your long name? Don’t people back in your home call you with something shorter? When a friend or sya, a comrade of yours calls you suddenly, say you dropped something, does he or she call you Bloodshot Raindrool Markiss! Bloodshoot Raindrop—whatever... Isn’t that too long to verbalise?”

 

 

“It’s Bloodshot Rainfall Marquessa.” The other party replied with straight face, placing the orange on the fruit tray.

 

 

Whatever, Seunghyun thought.

 

 

“Whatever you are asking me amounts you to nothing. Nicknames in our world don’t exist. And I, forgetting something or dropping something is not even possible.”

 

 

Aish. Here I am, trying to start a pleasant conversation, and yet here she replies as if I assaulted her or something. Are aliens this defensive? “Okay, since you don’t have one, why don’t I give you one? Since you are going to be on Earth for a while, you might as well need a human name.”

 

 

The alien raised an eyebrow and kept a sharp face. Naming a creature is a very significant task only carried out by their creator. But since she is under the refuge of a feeble-looking human, she had no choice but to comply.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Since you came in this Spring, how about I call you Bom?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----

Ta-da! So that's where Bom got her human name~ :)

Ugh. I so at making names! I had to use Google to search for the perfect name! T^T

What do you think? Does the name ? :P

Sorry for not updating lately... Summer days here are soon to be over, so my family's making the most of it by travelling...

 

Thank you once again to my loyal subbies!!! And to my soon-to-be-subbies... *fingers crossed* :D

See ya on the next chapter!!