Seven - Date

Extraterrestrial

 

 

The following morning, Minzy left together with Seunghyun, bidding goodbyes at the bus terminal. She was off to school, whilst Seunghyun was off to work.

 

“Cool! I feel like Unnie and Oppa’s daughter!” Minzy chimed as she received Bom’s freshly made sandwich for her. She handed another piece to Seunghyun, adding a remark that she made too much.

She watched the two of them from the doorstep, and upon arriving at the end of the lawn, Minzy waved to her. Bom waved back. She was wearing a pink apron, her hair braided and draped over her left shoulder; making her look like an ordinary housewife. Even from afar, her inevitable human beauty was shining through. Nobody would believe that the girl was an alien.

 

The bus made a short stop and in came a couple holding a baby. Judging the age of the child, the couple seemed to be newlyweds. The three of them sat on a vacant chair just across Seunghyun’s. The baby sat quietly on her mother’s arms, giggling as the father shook the happy teddy bear before her.

 

When is it the perfect time to settle down? Thirty’s? Forty’s? Fifty’s? No no no. That would make me look like a dirty old man, he shrugged. “Males are lucky. They get to choose who and when they would marry,” her Umma’s voice whispered. Am I to agree with her? Even if a male decides who to marry, females in return have the right to say no, right? Silly Umma.

 

The bus halted to his stop and he began walking to the bus’s door; his mind still filled with thoughts of family. How he saw Bom help Minzy prepare her uniform and lunch… How she smiled and talked to her sister as if she’d known her for years… And how she attended him while he was busy with his work…

 

“Maybe one or two children would be enough,” he uttered. Then her pretty eyes flashed, his mind suddenly filled with thoughts of her. No no no no. You are just swayed by emotions, Choi Seunghyun. Get a grip. He may thought of having a family soon, but not until he finishes his priority first.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yoboseyo? Tabi-ah?” A soft, shy voice chimed from the end of the line. His heart hammered upon hearing her voice; probably nervous that this was the first time she’d call him in the office.

His voice finally made its way out of his throat, “B-B-Bom-ah? Is there something wrong?” For some reason, he could imagine her wearing his old loose shirt, with a worried look embedded on her face.

“A delivery man came and handed me something…Saying it was for me.”

Seunghyun sighed in relief, “Well that’s…nice… Can’t you just open it yourself?”

A short pause was held on the other line, “I did... And I found this suit…”

Hesitation filled his mind as he tried to ask a question that he already knew the answer, “From whom did it come from?”

 

 

 

---                          

 

“Oppa! Why did you drag me here?!” Minzy frowned as they peeped their menus. She was supposed to be at home studying for her recitation in Literature, but here she was, wearing a semi-formal attire, sitting on a fancy dinner table with his weird brother. She knew she was called by her brother to help Bom get ready, but not to lurk around and stalk Bom up to the venue!

 

 

“You look amazing Unnie!” Minzy spoke as she finished adding colors to her cheeks. The sight was absolutely stunning for Seunghyun. Her hair was loose curls were tied, draping onto one side. Her eyes had dark lines above them; her lashes curled more gracefully than ever and her lips were painted with a shade of shining pale pink. The short, strapless dress she received from Jiyong complimented her curves well; and the hem of it reached inches above her knee, exposing her long, beautifully sculpted legs. Minzy hung a simple silver necklace with a sparkling diamond pendant around Bom’s porcelain neck.

Seunghyun could only gape at Bom’s amazing transformation. Jiyong’s one lucky . He watched Minzy help Bom wear the sky-rocketing black strappy heels that matched her black dress. Such a beauty, he thought. He has always wondered that feeling that movie characters get when they see the leading lady transform into a princess. Like how the poor, raggy-looking Cinderella transform into a woman fit for a prince.

 

 

Bom was definitely Cinderella. Minzy was the fairy godmother. And I, Seunghyun was the… coachman. Actually no. Probably lower than that. The one who’d help her get inside the sleek limosine, the one who’d watch her wave away together with the prince.

 

 

“If you’re so worried, Oppa, why don’t you do something about it?” Minzy sighed as he watched his brother stare in disappointment, even after the car was long gone from their sight.

 

 

“Aish Oppa,” Minzy grunted once again as she gazed at her brother who was eyeing the VIP section of the restaurant. They were seated tables away from them, and he was lucky enough to be able to see Bom’s back from afar.

 

"This was your suggestion after all," Seunghyun smugged in reply, making Minzy frown more.

“May I take your orders now, sir?” the waiter inquired, feeling nervous about Seunghyun’s actions.

“Yes please,” Minzy uttered in a smart tone, suddenly transforming into a young lady, “We’ll have an Oven Roasted Salmon Crab, Wasabi Crusted Tuna and Tuscan Trifle for dessert.” The waiter appreciated Minzy’s sharpness, and repeated their order. On the other hand, her brother was very absorbed in finding a better view of the two.

The waiter motioned to get the menus from the table. Seunghyun unconsciously flashed a threatening stare, making the waiter slightly jump back in fear. Minzy took the menu from his hands gently and with a smile, apologized to the waiter, “He has PMS.”

The waiter threw another bizarre look at Seunghyun then began to dash to the kitchen. Minzy chuckled as Seunghyun let out a low growl.

“I think I deserve a nice laugh or chuckle for saving you there,” Minzy giggled as she placed her hands on the slender champagne glass.

Seunghyun rolled his eyes, “Nice save. Thanks a lot. Now the man thinks I’m transual or something like that.”

“But you did look like you have PMS!”

“Off the topic Minggki-ah,” Seunghyun frowned more, “I don’t even know how that works.”

 

 

Through the night, the siblings paid attention to the dating couple behind the big French windows. Occasionally, they also had a chat on how things went through back at home. Even if Minzy was keeping him pre-occupied with her stories, a part of Seunghyun’s mind was filled with worry. What if Bom actually admitted she was an alien? What if Jiyong actually believed her and had her sent to a mental hospital? What if she falls for Jiyong? How would I tell them the truth? He would gaze to their table occasionally, hoping that he had telepathy to hear their conversation.

Minzy kept bugging Seunghyun to leave early so they won’t blow off their cover. But he resisted, insisting that they would leave once there were only five tables left. “I like their food and ambiance,” he uttered as he kept pouring wine on his empty glass.

Her little sister took a deep breath and rolled her small eyes, “Yeah right Oppa. Your food’s done almost an hour ago, and you’ve drunk two bottles of wine already!” Seunghyun only drinks when there are occasions, and when he drinks, he never exceeds to three glasses. Minzy scrunched her nose upon smelling the stench of alcohol coming from her seatmate.

 

“I’m not drunk!” Seunghyun shook his head. He knew he wasn’t drunk, more or less, he denies he was drunk. He tried to keep a composed face by sitting still, but he fails to do so. His cheeks were flushed with a hint of red, and he barely kept a straight sitting position. Minzy sighed once again as she tried to erase the thought of embarrassment. She reached for her phone inside her gold clutchbag, and began pressing the keys. “This is definitely a first, Oppa. We should go home.”

 

Seunghyun’s eyes narrowed as he tried to focus on the vase in the middle of the table. “Funny. I never noticed the waiter added another vase here,” he pointed, suddenly trying to grab the vase. “Whoa. Mingkki-ah. I think the other one’s a hologram!” Minzy rolled her eyes once again, praying that the other end would pick up. She gazed at her phone, taking a deep sharp breath as she saw the phone’s bar signal empty. “Stay here Oppa. I’ll be outside in a bit.”

 

Seunghyun barely heard the words her sister told him. He gazed at the table where Bom and Jiyong was; sudden shock seeped through him when he found it empty. He stood up, almost unable to balance himself, as his eyes tried to scan the place. When he found them on the dance floor, dancing gently together to the classical music, he immediately left the table.

 

Why are you acting like this Seunghyun? He didn’t knew the reason himself. For the past couple of days, they have been spending lots of time together, considering they were under a single roof—she has been her roommate, but why does he feel the need to be protective of her?

 

“Seunghyun-hyung!” Jiyong’s voice rattled as he saw the wobbly figure standing beside them.

“Mind if I cut in?” Seunghyun spoke in a stern voice. He must’ve been so accustomed to hearing Bom’s way of speaking that he actually had adopted that habit, “I’d like to show Bom how to dance.”

“You’re drunk hyung,” Jiyong spoke in a hard, yet calm tone, letting his arms around Bom’s waist loosen, “Would you like me to take you home?”

Seunghyun’s inattentiveness brought his eyes to Bom, who was currently wary of his actions. “You cannot date her, Jiyong.” His eyes grazed back to Jiyong’s, threatening and at the same time drunk, “I refuse you two be together…”

Jiyong’s lips pressed into a thin line and held Seunghyun’s shoulder to keep him from wobbling, “…We should really get you home, hyung.”

Seunghyun’s body swayed to face him, eyes narrowing again for focus, “…She’s not ordinary Jiyong. She’s an…a..”

 

A loud thud sprang into the dance floor, suddenly stopping the music from playing and the dancers swaying. Gasps from the other guests emulated the restaurant as Minzy dashed to the dance floor and called her brother’s unconscious state.

 

 

 

 

---

 

A sharp pain rushed to my head as I tried to sit down. My ruffled hair was still hard with wax, and I was wearing a white shirt and my stripe blue boxers. On my red bedside table I found a couple of aspirins and orange juice, popping it immediately into my mouth. Ughh. How I hate hangovers.

 

The smell of fresh pancakes smothered the dining room all the way to the kitchen. He saw an unfinished platter of bacon and fried rice on the dining table. He sat to the next chair and rubbed his temples, hoping to ease the pain.

 

 

“What happened last night?” Seunghyun uttered, his brows furrowing as he tried to recall the details. All he could remember was Bom looking so gorgeous that evening.

“I didn’t know too much liquor could cause an appalling effect on humans,” Bom’s soft voice echoed as she placed a plate before Seunghyun’s bent elbows and gracefully positioned the four layers of kimchi pancakes on top.

“! W-What did I do?” He shuddered at the thought. He did remember drinking wine consistently; loving the sweet-bitter taste it had through his throat. Somewhat it was the perfect thing to drink while watching Bom’s date from afar.

“Apparently, you asked to cut in the activity called dancing and almost revealed my identity.”

I did what?! “What happened?! . I’m so sorry…” he glanced up to meet Bom’s eyes, unable to remember that scene. “…Did they know?”

She let out a sigh and popped in a piece of carrot cube into , “Fortunately, you passed out right before you could say the word. Minggki-ah was so mad and at the same time embarrassed as we dragged you out of the restaurant. You’re pretty heavy for someone who looks light.” She remarked as she took a sip from the glass of water.

Seunghyun rubbed his temples once again when he felt a slight pinch, “…Must be the bone structure that’s making me heavy. Either way, I apologize for my behaviour last night. How did your night end?” Considering the fact that I was the party-pooper; I wanted to know how Jiyong bade goodbye and ask for Bom on another date...Even if a part of me doesn't want to hear it.

“We were all basically tired carrying you out.” Holy crap. How many people does it take to drag me out of the restaurant? He scrunched his nose as he tried imagining the scene last night. I shall never step foot in that place again.

She munched a spoonful of carrot cubes in , filling the atmosphere with silence. Seunghyun could only plant his eyes on her as he waited for further details, “Jiyong invited me to come on their grand company ball on Thursday.”

 

Eagerness filled his question, “Are you going to come?”

 

 

She took a deep sigh as she placed down the fork on her plate, “I’m still unsure. I’ve been receiving a few calls from the workforce lately. It seems like they'll be coming soon enough.”

 

 

A hint of fear and at the same time disappointment flashed through Seunghyun. He didn’t like the words “soon enough”.

 

How soon?”

 

 

Bom raised her shoulders and took the empty plate with her to the kitchen. Seunghyun’s graze couldn’t come off her silhouette as he waited for her answer.

 

 

Why am I so concerned about this? Shouldn’t I be happy that she’ll be leaving? No more pretty lady always distracting me; no more gorgeous body flaunting around the house causing me to feel sinful; no more distractions… Shouldn’t I be rejoicing?

 

 

 

---

 

 

Omona omona! Bom's leaving so soon?! Not good! T^T

 

Sorry for this very short update... Schoolwork's been beating the crap out of me... :/

I'll be back with something good soon. :P Btw, has anyone noticed how long Bom's been staying at Seunghyun's?? :P I reckon I wrote a week only, but it seems like they've been together for more than that.. :P Anyways, I do hope you don't mind that right?? :) Longer stay means more alien couple fun! ^^<3

 

Uwah. I'll hold the story comment replies for now. *bows in apology*

Thank you thank you thank you once again for reading this chapter!! :)) Stay tuned! ;)