One- Invaded

Extraterrestrial

“Choi Seunghyun-sshi.”

 

“Yes ma’am?”

 

“YG wants to see you in his office. Now.”

 

 

 

What does that old man want now? I sighed as I got up from my small cubicle and walked to the nearest elevator, pressing the 15th button. All my years I’ve been dreaming of becoming a president or manager at least, of a company. Imitating my father’s footsteps, I took Business Marketing in college. Little did I know that course hardly has credit to landing a profession as manager. my life.

 

“Choi Seunghyun-sshi,” YG spoke as he twirled in his swivel chair. Yang Geun Seuk was one of the acting presidents in this company, and when I say acting, I meant literally. He isn’t even a degree holder of any business course; thanks to his wife who really owns the company, he can sit up there and act as if he’s the king of the whole world.

 

“Please, sit down.” He gestured his hand over to the empty chair infront of his desk. Just two weeks ago I sat on that same chair, being scolded for passing a contract that he claims he’s never approved of. By heck, I saw his signature printed on that paper! What kind of idiot would sign a paper without reading or approving of it first?! Sometimes I think what kind of person his wife is to marry such a foolish man.

 

“Do you want to explain why you are here?” he asked in an ever so calming manner. Like hell I knew. I was sitting there infront of my computer trying to keep out of everyone’s sight, and here you’re asking me what am I doing infront of you?! Aish—the nerve of this guy!

 

 

I shrugged off the idea of giving him a good smack on the face, “I have no idea, sir.”

 

 

His slow footsteps sounded in the room as he walked towards the big glass windows. I have to admit, his suit really looks good. I wonder how better that would look if I was the one wearing it...Oh yeah. Then I would sit on this elegant desk with a plaque infront, with the words engraved “President Choi Seunghyun”.

 

The hell with it, I couldn’t even afford a decent tux. I’ve always worn the same attire, black pants, plain-colored polo shirts and a dull-looking tie that my little sister Minzy gave to me as a graduation gift. Being a typical office employee doesn’t necessarily get high paychecks...Maybe it does, but not in my case.

 

 

“Choi Seunghyun-sshi? I’m waiting for your reply,” the slightly high-pitched crooked voiced man startled me from my merry thoughts.

“Oh, mianhae, YG-shii. I wasn’t paying attention.” Oh this. Nice going Seunghyun. Looks like you’ll be staying here longer.

“You see that’s one of the problems, Seunghyun-sshi,” he walked as he continuously tapped the pencil on his other hand, “Inorder to achieve good results and good progress, the company needs efficient workers. I don’t think that being absent-minded attitude of yours will help the company, don’t you think?” He finished off with a mocking smile.

 

Oh how I despise this old man. “N-neh sir. Mianhae. I assure you it won’t happen again.” I just bowed to you once again. Happy now?

 

I bolted through the hallway after closing the door as gently as I could. How dare he call me unattentive? I’ve been working my off for three years, he won’t even give me a raise, and now he threatens to fire me for some little deed that I didn’t do? Oh for the love of Pete!

 

 

 

Eight o’ clock. Time to leave this drastic place.

 

I don’t know why, but taking the bus seems to be relaxing for me. Seeing the lights at night and seeing the city streets filled with joy seems to ease the stress inside me. A few more blocks until I arrive at my final destination: to my humble studio apartment.

 

It’s been three years ago when my mom threw me out of the house a month after my graduation and right after I got a job. Despite the wealth my parents had, (yeah, I came from a rich family) they never gave me inheritance or an elegant graduation gift. Umma insisted that I should start from scratch, like how they did it. At some point, fine, they’re right—but somehow I wished they could’ve at least helped me by giving some cash.

 

I inserted the key into the knob, going straight in. “TOP TOP TOP!! Appa’s hoooommee!! I bought you some anchovies, your favorite!” I grimaced as I raised the plastic bag filled with fresh anchovies. I opened the lights in the living room, then headed straight to the kitchen. TOP might choke on these fishes...It’s best if I cut it first.

 

“What the ?”

 

 

 What happened to my kitchen?! My dining set! (Well, not exactly set, more of a table and chairs decent to call dining table...) My table was shattered into pieces! Even the chairs were in a total wreck!! Not only that, debris of metal who knows where it came from appeared there. There were also pieces of broken glass! The kitchen sink was covered in concrete dust, plus my mini chandelier laid there in pieces. Wait—is that my mattress and bed frame?!

 

I glanced above and lo and behold—a big hole in my ceiling.

 

! Someone must have gate-crashed into my house! More like invaded the house through the roof, if that sounds right. I hurriedly went upstairs, carrying an old fashioned umbrella. I shrugged off the feeling that someone was watching me.

 

this day. I got scolded by my boss, and now I’m welcomed by a messed up house plus a robber who-knows-where is hiding? What else could go wrong?

 

I hastily opened the door to my bedroom. Beside the big hole where my bed was supposed to be located, I found a big capsule made of glass and metal. To my curiousity, and despite my conscience bugging me not to go near the wretched thing that only smelled danger, I made cautious steps towards it. A hint of relief washed over me when I found it empty. But still. This is not right. Whatever was in there, is definitely IN my house right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“DROP YOUR WEAPON...Human.”

 

 

 

 

----

Annyeong! Annyeong! Annyeong!

As I've said before, this is my first TopBom fanfic~ I've been falling inlove with this Alien couple for the past few days that's why I've decided to write one. Thank you for my new subscribers!! ^^

Pop Quiz:

What kind of animal do you think TOP is? :)