「 Ally ♡ Changmin 」

s ☺ и и y ' s ☺ и ε - s н ☺ т s

「 Ally ♡ Changmin 」

[Listen to: 어 줄 수가 없어서 미안하다 (I'm Sorry I Can't Laugh For You) by 2AM]

Author's Note: One-shot for dannyskye. Hope you like it! :D
Can I just say that 2AM is the best ballad group? Like, ever?! (:

Appropriate credits for lyrics can be found at this site.

- - -

 

"Park Ahyoung-sshi"

"Call me Ally." Ally smiled politely.

"Ally-sshi," The backstage hand smiled back. "Make a left, a right, keep going down the hall then make another right. Your stylist will be waiting for you. When you're done, wait by the curtain." He adjusted his headset. "Your cue to go is 'Give a warm hand to contestant #8: Park Ally singing 2AM's 웃 어 줄 수가 없어서 미안하다 (I'm Sorry I Can't Laugh For You)' and you should be center stage by the time MC Cassidy finishes saying that." The man winked, patting Ally's shoulder before heading off. "Good luck!"

Left, right, down the hall, right. Eighteen-year-old Ally blinked, anxiously fumbling with the contest button pinned to her denim jean jacket. Left, right, down the hall, right. She broke into a smile, following the stage crew's instructions as she the purple words on the stud: Cassidy's Choice. Ally turned left. Right, down the hall, right. She skipped a little, excited and nervous for her performance. I made it to Cassidy's Choice! The music competition of the year! Ally exhaled, turning right. Down the hall... crap. What was that last thing?! She bit her lip, her mood momentarily darkened.

"Aish," she muttered, turning in circles in the middle of the hallway. "Of all times, my bad sense of direction decides to tease me now." Ally hit her forehead, looking this way and that.

"Excuse m—" Someone bumped into her. That person was holding a cup of coffee, and it spilled all over Ally's jacket.

Ally looked down at her spoiled clothing. Then looked up. Her eye twitched.

"I'm so sorry!" The handsome man dressed in a white shirt and black jeans bowed repeatedly as he backed up. He placed a fingerless gloved hand over his chest. "So, so sorry!" The man smiled apologetically before walking off, frustratedly running his fingers through his jet black hair.

"Ally-sshi!"

She turned to see a woman beckoning to her. "Ally-sshi! C'mon! You go up in three minutes!"

Ally removed her soiled jacket and pinned the button to her blouse as she walked towards the stylist. What an idiot. She huffed, holding out her jean jacket at arm's length to scrutinize the damage. Ally shook her head, forgetting about the handsome man to mentally prepare herself for the competition.

 


 

아 닌 데 이 게 난 아 닌 데 / 아 직 도 널 사 랑 하 는 데, 널 사 랑 하 는 데 / 웃어줄 수가 없어서 미안하다

( No, this isn't, this isn't what I want / I still love you, I love you / I'm sorry I can't smile for you )

Ally winked at the camera zooming around on stage. She sang, gesturing to the crowd—letting them empathize with her through the song.

미안하다 우리 그만 헤어지자 / 헤 어 지 자 ♪

( I'm sorry but let's break up / Let's break up )

She exhaled, lowering the microphone. MC Cassidy glided to her, Ally gulped.

"Stay tuned to see the judging!" Cassidy spoke to the camera indicating a short commercial break. The live audience applauded. She lowered her microphone and to Ally she smiled, "Talent—I know when I see it." Cassidy winked.

"Kamsahamnida! (Thanks!)" Ally breathed a sigh of relief. "Now let's see what the other judges will say."

"Oh," Cassidy fixed her hair, seeing the cameras being pushed back into position. "Break's over. C'mere guys!" She called over people to sit at the judging stand near the side of the stage. The dude manning the main camera indicated less than 4 seconds.

Ally held her breath, hands wringing the microphone. I wonder if any 2AM members'll critique me, she glanced back to see her judges; they changed for every contestant, with the exception of Cassidy herself. The boy that performed before her presented a Super Junior song, and two out of the four judges were actually members—Heechul and Yesung. Ally twitched, remembering Heechul's tough critiquing of the contestant's performance.

"And we're back!" Cassidy stood in the way of Ally's gaze at the stand. "Let's not waste any time," she patted Ally's shaking hands. "Park Ally—" she paused, letting it sink in. The bundle of nerves next to her shyly looked up at the audience. "Has exceptional talent. I'll give her a 10 [out of 10]."

Ally giggled. Confidence bubbled.

"And let's hear what FT Island's Lee Hongki has to say!" The MC turned to the judging table. She slightly moved backwards, letting Ally see the first two seated judges.

"I agree with Cassidy-noona," The corners of Hongki's mouth twitched as he mock-professionally played with his horn rimmed glasses. "Exceptional talent! Hongstar says 10!" He slammed his fist on the table, startling the woman next to him.

"Okay!" Cassidy gave a little hop, she grinned encouragingly at Ally. "Let's hear from Girls' Generation's Kim Hyoyeon! Unnie, what do you have to say?"

Hyoyeon pursed her lips. "A little pitchy at times, but a promising youngin'." She smiled at Ally. "A 9!"

Ally twiddled her fingers, better than nothing!

"Guess the odds are good for Ally!" Cassidy spun around to face the main camera, two thumbs up with a goofy face. "Now, what does 2AM's—"

Ally froze, she craned her neck to see who sat at the third seat of the judging table.

"—Lee Changmin have to offer?"

YOU! Park Ally's jaw dropped, seeing the guy that spilled coffee all over her fidget under the stage light.

"Ohohoh," Changmin leaned forward. "She sang a 2AM song! Does that mean I'll have to be a toughy?"

Cassidy laughed, moving backwards a little more so the fourth judge could clearly see the contestant. Changmin's head tilted slightly to the side at the sight of Ally. His eyes popped out a bit.

"Great song choice." Changmin cleared his throat. "5 points for choosing us." His fingers tapped the table top. "2 points for putting on a near excellent performance! And another 2 points for being cute while singing our song in a near excellent performance!" Changmin clapped his hands together. "So I'll give you a 10!"

Ally squealed, hopping up and down. Eh?! Wait! She paused, looking questioningly at the judges.

"Where'd the extra point come from?!" The other three judges asked simultaneously.

Changmin shrugged, grinning at Ally.

 


 

"Kamsahamnida, Lee Changmin-sshi." Ally bowed at him backstage.

"No problem." Changmin said breezily, trying to act cool.

They stood there for a bit; Ally cutely swayed her body side to side as Changmin nonchalantly leaned against the wall.

"So," Ally began, grinning. "Where'd that last point come from? The coffee incident?"

"Yes, and no." Changmin laughed.

Ally pouted.

"Don't get me wrong though, you deserved a 10."

The girl grinned.

"And, in hopes for you accompanying me for coffee." He added slyly.

"Uhh," Park Ally felt her face heat up. "You're not gonna spill it on me this time, right?" She teased.

"Only if you want me to!" He bit back, laughing as he held open the exit door for her.

Hand-in-hand, they left the studio together.