Me or Music?

Me or Music?

Seungri woke up first, so he carefully slipped out of Jiyong's hold and retreated to the kitchen. There, he found Youngbae already up and ready to go for his morning workout at the gym. The elder was just grabbing a water bottle from the fridge when Seungri stepped in. Youngbae immediately got out another chilled bottle and tossed it to the maknae.

"You okay, Ri? I got home late last night to find you two passed out in the living room with an empty wine bottle. Umm. Do you want something to eat?"

Seungri chugged half the bottle and headed towards the food pantry. He decided to go with some pastries.

"I'm fine. Just a headache." He nibbled at the bread while Youngbae tilted his head in concern.

"What's on your mind, Ri?"

Seungri let out a small sigh.

"YG told Jiyong-hyung last night that we're to be on hiatus for a while."

Youngbae nodded. "Ah yes, so its true then..." Then the elder put the two together.

"Oh! Ji's upset about it? Is that what the wine was for?"

"Yeah. You know. Him and his music..."

Youngbae gave Seungri his eye smile.

"Music is like the air he breathes, but you're like his lungs, Seungri. He can't breathe without that vital organ. So keep your head up and support him, okay?"

Seungri was touched. Youngbae was a kind soul. The elder grabbed his workout bag and headed out.

"I'm off. Take care of Ji."

Seungri nodded and ate the rest of his breakfast in silence. Slowly the memories from the night before resurfaced to his thoughts. The bright glow of the television. The taste of red wine. Jiyong.

Would his hyung even remember what happened? Jiyong said it. He said he loved Seungri more. He said he'd truly give up writing music over the break to spend more time with him. He said he needed more inspiration-more of him.

But was it true? They were drinking after all. Jiyong more than Seungri.

Seungri observed that the empty wine bottle was in the trash can. Youngbae must have been the one to pick it up and throw it out when he got home late. Then Seungri turned his head towards the direction of the living room. A motionless lump was still curled up on the couch. Seungri would just have to wait.

He preoccupied himself with finally unpacking his suitcases from his stay in Japan, doing laundry, and humming to himself. Take it easy. Focus your thoughts on something else.

"Oh, are those souvenirs?"

Seungri whipped his head around to find Jiyong standing by his room's doorway. He had his eyes fixated on a mess of Japanese toys and collectibles sprawled out on the bed. Seungri had almost forgotten about them. He saw new Be@rbricks and Doraemon goodies while shopping downtown in Tokyo. For Youngbae he found a few snapback hats with unique graphics-it just screamed his style. For him and Jiyong, he just had to buy a set of cheap rings with cartoon faces on them.

"Tom and Jerry?"

Jiyong was already opening up the plastic packaging and had a huge grin on his face. He carefully slipped on the ring with Tom's face on his pinky finger. These were obviously rings for kids. The leader called Seungri over and took ahold of his left hand and slipped on the Jerry ring on his pinky.

"This is so cute, Seungriyah."

"How are you feeling, hyung? Aren't you hungover?"

Jiyong looked into the panda eyes he knew so well.

"Head hurts like hell, but you're here to take away the pain, so its okay. Just don't upset me."

Seungri twirled the new pinky ring around and let out a sigh.

"I kind of want to ask you something, but it'll probably make you upset..." Jiyong smiled and nodded. "Then don't ask it~"

Seungri should have known.

"I'm sorry, hyung."

"Hmm? For what?"

"I think I made you say something last night that you probably didn't mean..."

Jiyong raised his eyebrows.

"And what would that be?"

Again, Seungri should have known.

"Nevermind."

Seungri went back to busying himself with folding clothes neatly on the dresser. Jiyong walked over to help him. Standing side by side, the petite leader tilted his head onto Seungri's shoulder for a few moments.

"Okay Seungriyah, just go ahead and ask me. It seems its upsetting you more than it would upset me."

Seungri started rolling up pairs of socks.

"Do you love me more than music now, hyung?"

Something flashed through Jiyong's eyes. A twinkle of something. Seungri turned his head to see Jiyong smirking. He looked like he had just discovered a dirty secret.

"Hmm~ Seungriyah~"

The leader pulled the maknae's cheeks suddenly, still grinning.

Ayayayayaa!"

"Just because I was under the influence and exhausted doesn't mean my words were untrue, maknae."

"Eh?"

Jiyong rested his hands on the maknae's cheeks and went in for a kiss. Jiyong gently pressed his lips on Seungri's, soft and warm. Their lips perfectly molded against each other and Seungri almost melted into the floor.

"I love you more, Seungriyah. Music isn't the same without your influence."

"Are you sure you're sober, hyung?"

"Yes! You don't trust me?"

"Not really," Seungri teased.

Jiyong threw bullets of rolled-up socks at the maknae. Some things just never changed.

-------------------

A/N: Hello! ^_^ Umm. So that's it. I might put in an epilogue, but yeah. The story is done. ;_; Just wanted to say thank you to all the subscribers and readers. I had lots of fun writing this, and the experience was even more fun reading through the comments. <3 Love ya'all. Oh, and I'm sorry for the bad characterization and lack of...discriptive words. Yeah. I'm working on it, lol. Anyway! Thank you for reading! G-RI IS REAL!