Seventh Mission: Just Be Yourself

Me or Music?

As soon as Seungri returned home from the party, he went straight to his room and went to bed. Everyone in the dorm just left him alone and let him sleep. He didn't wake up the next day until noon.

Needless to say, he didn't make Jiyong breakfast, nor did he run errands for his hyungs or try to impress them in any way. The panda just wanted to be lazy for a while. Relax and don't take too much seriously. Call up some friends. Watch tv. Stay inside and eat icecream while the other hyungs were out doing their own things.

It was around ten at night when Jiyong retuned back to the dorm. Suprisingly early, considering the leader was usually the last to return home from a day at work in the studio.

"Why are you back so early, hyung?"

Jiyong was in the kitchen getting something out from the fridge. Seungri was on the couch in the living room watching a drama on tv. Jiyong walked to the living room carrying a glass and a whole bottle of red wine. The elder plopped own on the couch next to Seungri and started pouring the glass halfway.

"Papa YG told me I could come home early and take a break. We've all exhausted ourselves."

Jiyong handed Seungri the glass of wine and the younger gladly accepted it. Meanwhile Jiyong took a chug straight out of the bottle.

"Hyung! What are you-"

"What does it look like? We're on a hiatus now, which means no new music for a while, so I'm drowning my sorrows."

"What? But hyung, you have me."

Jiyong laughed and threw an arm around Seungri's shoulders.

"I do. I always have my maknae."

The leader took another gulp from the bottle with his free hand.

"You're still going to write songs during the break though, right? Its not like you're giving up music."

Jiyong shook his head.

"No, I'm giving it up for a while."

Seungri's eyes widened.

"What? Why, hyung?"

"Because I'm out of ideas. I want to spend more time with my inspiration."

Jiyong turned his head to the maknae and smiled.

"Are you sure?"

Jiyong nodded. Seungri took a sip from his glass in content. Jiyong took another swig from the bottle, threw his head back, and sighed.

"I like you just like this, Seungriyah. Just you and me, without you doing out-of-character things like cooking or distancing yourself from me. I missed you, the lazy Seungri."

Seungri didn't know what to say initially, so he took another sip of his drink and stared at his face's reflection being casted on the liquid's surface.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I'll just be myself now."

Jiyong smiled.

"Good."

They watched tv in a comfortable silence for a while, sipping their drinks and making small talk during the commercials. Seungri honestly didn't know how much time had passed, but at some point the two had finished off the wine. Another commercial break had come on.

"Would you pick me now, hyung?"

"Hmm?"

"Would you choose me over music?"

"Ah, this question again..."

Seungri noticed Jiyong's words were slightly slurred. The leader's face was flushed a rosy pink and his lips were dyed a light berry color from the wine. Seungri's shoulder was warm as Jiyong had leaned his head against it.

"Mmm..."

"Is that a yes?"

Jiyong nuzzled his cheek into the younger's shoulder and his eyelashes fluttered closed.

"I love Seungri more..."

The elder had fallen asleep. His jaw relaxed, berry lips parted, and his arms hung loosely around the maknae's waist. His chest rose and fell slowly and rhythmically. A beautiful sleeping dragon.

Seungri leaned his head back and smiled to himself. Soon enough he nodded off too.

This must be a dream. It seemed too good to be true.

But when he woke up the next day, the leader was still there by his side.