Third Mission: Be His Medicine!

Me or Music?

One late afternoon on the way back to the dorm from the studio, Seungri had noticed that Jiyong was being awfully quiet in the van. Just a few hours earlier while recording, the leader was his usual self: he would go into perfectionist mode and critique his fellow members, laugh at Seunghyun's jokes, dance in his chair with Youngbae, jokingly sing trot with Daesung, and, of course, tease the maknae. There was something fishy though. Seungri silently wondered if Jiyong was just pretending to act natural. There was a dullness in the leader's eyes when he thought no one was looking. Even now in the van, Jiyong wasn't making eye contact. The van had finally pulled in to the drop off area at the front entrance to the dorms and parked to drop the tired boys off. Younbae slid the cardoor open and stepped out of the vehicle with Daesung following right behind him. Jiyong should have been the next to get out, but he stayed in his seat.

"Hyung?"

Seungri climbed over the middle row of seats (since he was sitting in the back) and quickly hopped out of the van. Jiyong was sitting in the back too, so the maknae folded down the chair in front of him so his hyung could get out, but he still didn't move. Seungri looked at Jiyong and again asked,"Hyung?" The maknae went ahead and unstrapped the leader's seatbelt and what happened next was a blur. As soon as the seatbelt was pulled off, Jiyong let out a moan and collapsed forwards just in time for Seungri to catch him.

"Hyung? Hyung?"

Seungri pulled the petite figure out of the van; he was limp in his hold.

"Omo, you fainted?! You're burning up! Hyung!"

He carried his hyung inside the dorm in a rush and lay him out on his back on Jiyong's bed. Seungri made a dash to the bathroom, dampened a rag with cold water, and went back to the room to place the rag on his hyung's forehead. Jiyong fluttered his eyes open once he felt the cold cloth and whispered," I'm sorry, Seungriyah. I didn't want the others to see. Did they notice?"

Seungri widened his eyes in shock. "Wait, so you were waiting for the others to get back to their rooms so they wouldn't notice? Yah! Hyung, you should have let us know that you were sick!"

Jiyong weakly smiled. Seungri shook his head.

"Hyung, I know why you didn't want us to know. We would have told you to stay home so you couldn't force your body in the studio AND we'd have to give you the m-word."

Jiyong immediately twitched. His face said everything. Not the m-word! Anything but the m-word! Seungri watched Jiyong writhe in horror. "Yah, Please," the leader moaned,"Please. No medicine." Seungri retorted," Take the medicine or I'll tell Daesung and Youngbae what you were hiding from them." Again, Jiyong moaned,"No! Please don't!" Seungri nodded. Victory!

The maknae wagged his finger at the leader and told him to stay put while he left to go get the vile cherry syrup. He also made an ice baggy in the kitchen and re-dampened the rag. Mission 3: win Jiyong's heart by looking after his health! What a great maknae he was, Seungri thought. And what a stubborn, irresponsible leader...No. Seungri shook his head. His hyung has his reasons...

In a matter of minutes, Seungri was back in Jiyong's room. Jiyong was quietly whimpering when Seungri approached his hyung with a glass of water and the medicine. Seungri sat on the edge of the bad and held out a spoon of syrup in front of the leader's mouth. Jiyong quickly lifted his head and slurped it down, squinted his eyes closed in disgust, and then the panda handed Jiyong the glass of water. His hyung chugged it down in mere seconds. Once that was over, Jiyong plopped his head back down against his pillow dramatically and let out a sigh. Seungri placed a fresh wet rag on his forehead and then replaced it with the ice bag once the cloth had dried.

"Is there anything else I can do for you, hyung?"

The maknae felt a hand on his wrist. Jiyong weakly whispered,"Stay..."

The leader's eyelashes fluttered closed and his body relaxed, but his grip still remained on Seungri's wrist. Seungri tried to gently pull the hand off, but gave up when he saw the pained expression on his hyung's face. Jiyong's breathing was ragged and he let out a small moan. Seungri nodded to himself.

"Okay, I'll stay."

After about an hour, Jiyong rolled over on his side and reached for Seungri's full arm to hug it as he slept.

"Aigo, aigoo~"

Seungri was still sitting at the edge of the bed, but reaching for his whole arm had caused him to be pushed back on the bed with his head at Jiyong's stomach. Seungri's legs were hanging off the edge as he was laid sideways while his arm was stretched out perpendicular to his body so that Jiyong could hug it. Seungri heard his hyung let out a contented sigh and his breath tickled the maknae's arm. Jiyong was now using the arm as both a pillow and a teddy bear. Surprisingly,Seungri was comfortable in this position, so he didn't move or complain. He found himself drifting off to sleep with the leader. His stomach was quite comfortable...

Hours had passed when Seungri was nudged awake. It was dark outside. He was still laying sideways on the bed but noticed his head was no longer against Jiyong's stomach. Instead, Jiyong was sitting up and had cradled the panda's head on his lap.

"Seungriyah, thank you for staying. I feel better now. Umm..Were you comfortable?"

Seungri finally registered in his mind where he was.

"Hyung, are you sure you feel better? Let me feel your forehead," the maknae demanded, reaching a hand to the leader's brow. Ah, smooth and cool. The fever was gone.

"Hyung, you still look tired though. What time is it?"

Jiyong nodded. "Its about one in the morning. Let's go back to sleep. Here, sleep with me tonight. Lay down the correct way though."

Seungri was beaming. Jiyong hadn't let Seungri share the room with him for months!

"Has your love for me increased, hyung? Admit I took good care of you," said Seungri as he moved himself over to lay vertically on the bed.

"Ah yes. Thank you for being by my side. I'll give you bonus points today. Plus my maknae just looked so darn cute while he was sleeping," Jiyong teased, poking Seungri's cheek.

"So have I won yet, hyung?"

Jiyong stifled a yawn and replied,"I just came up with a song when I woke up, actually...Sorry maknae, but music is still ever present in my thoughts. I'll admit you're the inspiration to the new song though."