First Mission: Win His Heart With Food!

Me or Music?

Seungri didn't sleep well that night. He tossed and turned in his bed as he listened through the walls to the faint sound of Jiyong singing and composing next door. It wasn't the music that was bothering him. No, he was used to that. Actually, it was the fact that he was used to it that bothered him. He was admitting defeat to the one thing that got in the way between him and his hyung. Jiyong and his music were inseparable. Seungri wanted to barge into Jiyong's room right then and there, but he knew better. He was already lucky enough that he had survived when he interrupted the dragon earlier. No, he would be patient. Tomorrow. He would get Jiyong to pay attention to him tomorrow.

The next day, Seungri got up an hour earlier than usual to make breakfast. The only time he cooks for his fellow members is on variety shows, but this was going to change. No more lazy panda! First mission in winning love: give him food! Seungri took extra care into slicing, marinating, and grilling the meats, making soup, and seasoning rice. It was truly a labor of love. After about an hour, the whole dorm started to smell heavenly and the members came peeping their heads into the kitchen. Daesung entered first.

"Seungriyah, what is this all about?"

Seungri was busy preparing the table, but looked up at the fellow maknae and smiled. Daesung saw a twinkle in Seungri's eyes which meant he was up to something. Youngbae entered the kitchen next with a face just as intrigued as Daesung's.

"Hyung, please take a seat and eat as much as you'd like," said Seungri as he had just finished putting all the food on the table. Taeyang and Daesung were still in shock, but proceeded to sit down and serve themselves anyway. They gobbled and chewed away without complaints. Twenty minutes had passed when Seungri's favorite hyung finally entered the kitchen. Jiyong always slept in the latest, of course. Seunghyun lived in his own apartment so now everyone in the dorm was present. Jiyong walked into the room lazily, his eyes barely open from just waking up and wearing his classic orange beanie to hide his bed head. Taeyang looked up at his disgruntled best friend and said,"Yo Ji! Look what the maknae made for us!" Daesung smiled and added,"Its very good and flavorful, hyung. There's plenty left over!" Jiyong lazily pulled out a chair and starting picking out meats with his chopsticks. Seungri watched in anticipation as Jiyong chewed. Seungri just wanted to let Jiyong know that he made his best effort just for him. Could he win Jiyong's heart with his homecooked meal? Seungri was rewarded with a sleepy smile. Jiyong slowly nodded his head and continued eating. He was always quiet after first waking up, so that was to be expected, but a morning smile was very rare. Seungri was beaming.

"Yah," Youngbae called," have you eaten yet, Seungriyah?"

Seungri waved off the notion. "I ate plenty when I was taste-testing. I'm fine." Daesung had finished eating and tilted his head. "Are you sure? There's not much left now." Seungri nodded and started washing the dirty plates. Daesung excused himself and said thanks. Youngbae finished too and offered to help with the dishes, but Seungri wouldn't let him. The two eventually left the kitchen to go prepare for the day. Once the two had left, Jiyong motioned Seungri over. "Yah, sit," commanded the leader in a course whisper. He must have sung his heart out last night. Seungri dried off his hands and pulled out a chair to sit across from Jiyong, but the leader shook his head.

"Sit by me."

The maknae did as he was told. As soon as he was seated, Jiyong picked up a slice of beef and held it up just centimeters from Seungri's lips. "Open," the leader directed. Seungri again did as he was told, chewed, and swallowed. Then Jiyong took the next bite for himself. They sat in silence as he shared his food, and soon everything on the plates was gone. Once they finished, Seungri was about to get up to wash the dishes, but Jiyong grabbed the younger's wrist and made him sit back down. "You have some rice on your face," Jiyong observed, then pointed to the corner of his mouth. Seungri instinctively moved his fingers towards his chin to brush it off, but froze instead when his hyung took care of the problem for him. Jiyong planted a soft peck on Seungri's cheek and the maknae felt a small nibble at the right corner of his mouth as Jiyong bit off the rice. The leader leaned back into his chair and smirked.

"Thank you Seungriyah. I'll give you points for cooking a lovely meal, but you lose points for lying when you said you ate enough and for being messy," Jiyong chuckled. Seungri retorted,"Yah! I lied because I wanted you to have as much as you wanted!" Seungri pouted and Jiyong chuckled again. "Hmm, my maknae is very considerate. Good, good~" Jiyong mused. He got up from his chair and put his dishes in the sink, then started on his way out of the kitchen.

"Be ready to leave in an hour. We're going to be working in the recording studio today, okay?" Seungri pouted again.

"Yah hyung! Isn't your throat sore? No more music today!" Jiyong shook his head and smiled.

"Better luck next time, Seungriyah."