・・

The Marriage Recipe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ingredient #9;

 

With a dash of the colored eye shadow on each of her eyes, a swipe of the lip gloss on her lips; she smiled, feeling rather satisfied as she stared into the reflection before her. She looked livelier than she was before, at least. She shuddered when greeted by the flash of how horrible her pale face looked like in the mirror earlier this morning.

 

“Oh god, we’re only going to the doctor. I don’t understand why you have to take hours to get ready.” She heard her husband’s complaint from outside. She rolled her eyes, ignoring him completely and proceeded in picking up her compact powder, wanting to get rid of her paleness for a bit. She wasn’t the kind who actually liked putting on make ups to begin with actually, but today was an exception. She couldn’t walk out there looking like a living zombie, no.

 

“Are you done?” Yongguk asked, leaning against the door frame of the bathroom.

 

“Wait.” She examined herself in the mirror once again, making sure she was good to go.

 

“You look fine, really.” He commented in hope for her to hurry up. Though he did meant what he said.

 

“Fine, let’s go.” She finally said and that was Yongguk’s cue to sigh in relief.

 

Yongguk then walked towards the door with her tailing lazily behind him. He twisted the door knob and like the gentleman he is, he waved his right hand in the air, motioning for her to walk out first. Playing along, she did a cute little curtsy and stepped out of their haven.

 

“Yongguk-ah,” she called out as they descended the stairs together, hand in hand. He hummed in response. “Let’s walk to the clinic.”

 

“What?!” Yongguk stopped in his tracks, causing to halt her footsteps as well. “Are you kidding me? The clinic is miles away from our apartment.” He gave her an incredulous look.

 

“So, what? Let’s walk and save petrol today, please.” She pleaded, giving him that award-winning puppy dog face of hers – more like Yongguk winning face. Yongguk sighed as he tightened his firm grip around her hand.

 

“Okay.”

 

And so they walked along the pathway and passed by various stores, though, still a long way ahead of them until th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter