・・

The Marriage Recipe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ingredient #4;

 

Saturday night movies—hey sat on the bed, huddled under the covers together as their eyes fixated on the screen of the television. He had his arms wrapped around her as they watched the movie together. Aside from the grocery-shopping, they had another routine of watching a home movie together every Saturday nights; and again yes, only when he was around that is. To be fair, they take turns in picking movies and this week was her pick. Being the hopeless romantic chic she was, she picked a sappy romance genre movie. For a guy who preferred war and action movies, Bang Yong Gook had no choice but to sit through the three hours of agony.

 

He would focus on the movie for a couple of minutes, then let his eyes wander around the room just to kill time and let it travel back to the screen again. He glanced at his wife who had her eyes glued on the TV; oh if only she could see how pathetic he looked right now, trying to endure the movie session. He would occasionally plant kisses on the side of her head, fiddle with her fingers, start a random conversation. Though, all of his actions were completely ignored. He swore if he bad mouthed her right there and then, she wouldn’t notice a thing.

 

“We should get pet names.” He snapped out of his reverie when his wife suddenly spoke, breaking the silence.

 

‘Finally, you can speak after all.’ He inwardly mocked. Inwardly. He didn’t want to risk being smacked in the head, of course

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter