Sun-young or is it Luna?

You left me; Not the other way around

“Oppa!” A girl with black hair and almond shaped brown eyes said as she ran towards Jinki and Mel then crushed herself against him. Mel rolled her eyes, clearly irritated by the girl who is Sun-young.

 

“Uhm,” Jinki said awkwardly. He knew Mel is very irritated by Sun-young and Luna pretends Mel isn’t there most of the time, but he was too nice to tell anyone of them off. “Yes, Sun-young?”

 

“My Appa said yes!” Jinki’s eyes widen and Mel raised an eyebrow.

 

“Yes to what?” Mel said gruffly. Maybe it was because of the pregnancy symptoms, since she was approaching her fifth month, she was even more irritable towards her.

 

Sun-young rolled her eyes. “Well, you non-asian won’t understand, but Jinki and I are getting married!”

 

Mel’s eyes widen and might have even choked on her saliva. Jinki’s jaw dropped in surprise. What the heck was this chick talking about?

 

“What?!” He said surprised. “No we aren’t!”

Sun-young rolled her eyes. “Oppa, I told my parents that we’re now together and they said if we wanted to, we can get married in the future.” She gave a bright smile. “It’s what we always wanted.”

 

Mel gave Sun-young the look like she is a retard. “Uh, I think you forgot something.” Mel said as she pointed to her ever-growing baby bump. “I’m pregnant, !” She cried.

 

Sun-young just shrugged. “I’m sure that you can still be in the picture. But, I’m the wife here.” With that, Mel just reached out and punched Sun-young out, possibly breaking her nose, and Jinki did nothing, as he was too shocked and amused by the situation. Probably amused because he never saw Mel get angry at Sun-young so quick; it was a new record for her.

 

Sun-young was lying on the ground knocked out with a bloody nose and Mel just looked down at her and shrugged. “Hmmm, oh well.” She said then smiled at Jinki who just chuckled.

 

“You’re just too feisty, aren’t you?” He said with his signature smile while he held her hand. He placed a kiss on her forehead as she blushed from the sweetness of the gesture.

 

“Well, she talked about taking you away and me just being left behind . . . “ Mel’s voice wandered. “I don’t want that to happen, because I don’t know what I’d do then.” She said truthfully.

 

Jinki just frowned and gently grabbed her chin and tilted her head slightly so that they were looking eye to eye. “Melinda, I’m not leaving you, ever.” He said the placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

*                         *                       *                     *                      *

 

In that moment, she believed him because they really were in love at the time. It must have been just a fling to him. He did just leave her all of the sudden and never turned back for so many years. Although Rose just started school, time flies fast. For all Mel knew was that her daughter is and was going to grow up without knowing her father. She has told stories about him, she has met his parents and she knows they’re her grandparents, but she’ll never have her father; especially now when he has found someone else.

 

That thought back then had hurt Mel. She never let anyone know that, though. She would just push back her feelings and just hide them because she feared being vulnerable. Now because the thought is real, she felt dead inside.

 

How could he? She thought, He said he’d never leave . . . Why would he leave and why would he take her?

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Taka broke her out of her thoughts and inner babbling. Taka noticed Mel’s eyes had a cut-off look. This was the look she had when she thought of Jinki and usually afterwards, even though Mel never showed it. He saw Mel as the type of person who is afraid to show her feelings, mainly because she only had one friend before him and that was Jinki, but he knew she is very shy, so he respects that.

She nodded her head. “Yeah, like I said, I expected a new girl.”

 

“But, you said you didn’t expect her.” Taka said bluntly.

 

She sighed. “It’s just that I know her, okay?”

 

Taka gave pouted in curiosity. “How do you know her? They’re a new group!”

 

Mel slapped her forehead. “I meant, I grew up with her too, Taka.”

 

Taka gasped. “Oh my gosh! Really, who is she? I know she looks familiar, but I don’t know, I can’t put my finger on it.” He rambled.

 

Melinda just shook her head. “Remember Sun-young? The annoying girl who always dyed her hair blonde?” Taka nodded slowly. “Well, that’s Luna. Sun-young became Luna.”

 

Taka’s eyes widen. “The that called me a ?!” He cried while Melinda chuckled.

 

Although Melinda’s heart was filled with so much sadness over losing Jinki to Sun-young, she was too busy for the rest of tonight just laughing at Taka as he ranted on and on about how much he hates Luna and how much he says she is flat-chested and Mel just laughed harder as she knew Luna isn’t flat-chested, since they had gym together for how many years.

 

Little did Melinda know, this would be why Jinki’s mother and father never told her about their son living in Korea.