Mother of His Child

You left me; Not the other way around

 

He stared at her as many thoughts went through his head. This can’t be happening... He thought, we’re not ready… He wouldn’t mind having a child with Melinda, he loved her, the problem is the fact that they are just children. Sure, he’s turning seventeen in a few days but she wouldn’t be seventeen until three months later. Plus, even if they were seventeen, they would be looked down upon because they aren’t married and already have a child on the way… This just wouldn’t be right.

 

His highest concern is whether or not his parents would accept the baby. They looked down upon Melinda because she isn’t Korean or even an Asian. They believed that Asians belong with Asians and everyone else belongs with their own kind; even half-bloods like this baby of theirs is not accepted. His parents are also rich, in fact they are friends with Melinda’s parents and they go out on trips just as much as Melinda’s. They had no problem with them just being friends but when Melinda and Jinki started dating, they made no exception what-so-ever.

 

Melinda’s heart beat heavily in her chest. He wasn’t saying anything at all and it really scared her. As he only stared at her with a blank expression, she slowly pushed his hand off her stomach. That finally woke him up and he placed his hand back on her stomach.

 

She had a confused expression on her face. “What are you doing?”

 

He smiled warmly at her, “I’m caressing our baby, of course.” He said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

She was still confused. “You’re not mad…?” She questioned.

 

He shook his head and wrapped his free arm around her, “Why would I be mad at the love of my life who is now the mother of my child?”

 

She smiled warmly at him as he slowly placed a soft kiss on her lips.