Chapter 5

You're Most Shining of Them All

You didn’t expect to get there quick. There were still 15 minutes left before the settled time so you just enjoyed the silent, beautiful, night city view, the crickets singing and the wind whiffing slightly.

“You’re here early, as beautiful as always.” A voice was heard softly as you saw Taemin still in the same clothes from the concert, wind blowing through his medium length light brown hair, messing it slightly, a sight that made your heart race like crazy.

“We’ve gotten pretty cheeky since the concert haven’t we?” You laughed softly, your remark causing Taemin to laugh as well. “You’re here early as well. There are 10 more minutes to the meeting time.” You smiled brightly.

“I couldn’t let you wait, though it seems that I still did that.” He said as he walked over to the brightest point of the opening and sat on the grass.

“Congratulations for tonight. It was awesome. I don’t know how your other performances are like, but this one was so amazing. I loved it from beginning to end.” You smiled brightly, looking at him.

“Thank you. It was actually one of our best performances. Well at least one of my own best performances. Since I knew that you’d be there I wanted to pull out everything that I got.” He blushed at the fact that he said that out loud, while you blushed upon hearing his words.

“I’m sure I have nothing to do with it since you’re probably this good in every concert, but thank you for the compliment.”

“I’m good yes, but today even I felt that I was better than usual and it’s all thanks to you.”

A moment of silence came between, but once again neither of you disliked it.

“How come you were so far in the back? I expected to see you more in  the front.”

“I don’t know why I wanted to be so far in the back.” You lied “I guess out of habit. I feel that if I’m more in the front I’ll get more attention, even though it was not the case since you were shining on stage. But it still feels awkward.” You let out a small sigh. You simply didn’t want to admit that you were actually totally in love with Taemin and that you secretly hoped that he’d search for you if he didn’t see you, thing which he actually did.

“I would’ve loved to see you closer to me though. I would’ve loved to see your different facial expressions.”

“That reminds me. How on Earth did you see me all the way back there with all those lights and glowsticks around?”

“Because you’re most shining of them all. There is no way I wouldn’t see you.” He said smiling as he got up, going towards the edge of the hill, just above Seoul, a thin layer of ground was all that kept him in air. You heart did backflips because of the nervousness.

“Alexandra” He paused for a bit and then resumed. “Everything about you is perfect isn’t it? Even your name.” He smiled softly. “I have no idea how, when or why you’ve become such a great part of me. I don’t believe in this but I think it was love at first sight. I’ve never felt such a thing before. I love everything about you, even if I don’t know a lot yet. I want to know you better. The goods, the bads, your strong points, your weaknesses, the pretty, the ugly. Everything, Alexandra. I want to know you. I know I can accept anything no matter what. I want to be there for you, to comfort you. I want to know your likes and dislikes, your thoughts, no matter how deep or shallow. I truly love you.”

Taemin” You sighed painfully as tears rolled down your cheeks. “You know it can never happen. I love you too and it pains me not to be able to be with you. You know it’s not possible. You’re a star baby. You have to live your life.”

“But you’re a star as well. You shine like no other.” Taemin whined.

“I’m different from you. You know that.”

“We’ll still be able to meet right? Like before? Each day? I really don’t want to lose you even if we can’t be together.” He said calmly while a single tear rolled down his left cheek.

“Sadly we can’t. You’ll understand soon why.”

“Save me a spot next to you someday, in my dreams.”

“You’ve had this spot since you were born.” Tears rolled down your cheeks as you could barely say anything anymore. The same tears rolled down his as well. “I love you, Taemin. So very much. I hope you can forgive me one day, ‘cause there is a girl out there which is perfect for you.”

“There is no one more perfect for me than you.” He said as he once again sat down, his legs to his chest and sobbed violently. You touched the top of his head gently and left him there, while tears were streaming down your face as if a thunderstorm had started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next chapter is truly the last one. This was supposed to be the last one, but I didn't want to give away the ending so I decided to split it in two. I'll post the next one soon. I just need to start typing it. It will be very short though.