Chapter 2

You're Most Shining of Them All

The next time you saw each other was the following night. It wasn’t as late as the previous night was, but it was still pretty late. Taemin was practicing again in the dance room, all alone, as you accidentally came across it when you were wondering around.

You caught a glimpse of someone who seemed a little familiar so you decided to stop and see who it was, as you came a second later to the conclusion that it was Taemin, who seemed absorbed in his dancing. You stopped in your tracks and watched him dance. You had never seen anyone dance so beautiful, perfect and flawless. The way his body moved with the flow of the music was mesmerizing.

You were in such deep thoughts that you didn’t notice when he had stopped dancing and started walking towards the window, so you were taken aback when he opened it.

“Hey Alexandra, how are you?” He smiled brightly while toweling his hair.

“You scared the day light out of me.” You said shocked, but you started laughing as Taemin followed your example, laughing as well.

“Funny since it’s night. Mianhae.”

“Ani. Gwaenchana. But it’s never going to be day again since you scared it away.”

“I don’t mind. It seems that we see each other only at night after all.” You felt yourself warming up a bit when hearing his words. “Anyways, what are you doing here?” He asked leaning his elbows on the window still and his head on his palms.

“I was strolling around when I thought I saw you and I was somehow drawn by your dancing. You are magical.” You said smiling brightly.

“Mhm… Thank you.” He nodded and blushed a light shade of pink, looking at you with sparks in his eyes.

“What are you doing here alone again? I’m starting to think that you don’t like the other much.” You said jokingly.

Luckily he caught the joke and chuckled a bit, covering his mouth with the back of his hand, an old habit of his.  

“Yes they’re annoying. I want to be the only one to shine. Omo no… I’m joking. I love my hyungs.” He said flustered as he increased the speed of his last two sentences, not wanting to make you think that these were his intentions, because they weren’t. “I just like practicing a lot alone. It relaxes me and I can go at my own pace. Also I was wondering if I would meet you again. Since we met yesterday after I stayed behind. I was kind of hoping that I would see you again today. And I did. So I’m perfectly happy.”

Once again you felt yourself heat up even more by hearing his words. Funny how he had such an effect on you. It couldn’t be that you were falling for him, could it? No. It was impossible. You never fell that fast for anyone. Actually you never fell for anyone, period. Maybe it was the striking difference between his y dancing and his cute personality. Yes that was it. Nothing more than a striking difference.

“I’m glad I decided to stay behind to make sure that it was you. I got to see you dance.” You smiled happily.

“You better not tell the fans. It’s a secret dance for them.” He winked playfully.

“So I’m the first to see it? Wow. So cool.”

“Yup. The first one. Not even the members know about it yet.”

“Huh? What do you mean? Don’t you dance together?”

“Usually yes. But this is for my solo stage.”

“You have solo stages? Now I really want to come to your concert.”

“It’s in 11 days. I would love it if you’d come.”

“I’ll be there. Though I think I’ll be somewhere in the back. But I just want to see you perform.”

“I will put on the best show for you to see me.” He smiled widely. He couldn’t believe that since you’ve started talking his smile had never faded. Not even once. It just seemed to be getting wider and wider and he could almost feel the corner of his lips close to his ears. Or at least that was the sensation he felt. “How was your day today? What did you do?” He asked you curiously.

“I’ve…traveled around, discovering places and seeing people. The usual stuff.” You said smiling.

“One day Id’ like to show you the most beautiful place ever. I’m sure you’ve never seen it before and that you’re going to love it.”

“I’ll be waiting for that day as well. I’ve barely known you for two days and I already have so many things that I’m looking forward to.” You smiled again.

It was the second time meeting but you already knew that every time you’d meet him and talk to him it would be a field of smiles and pool of laughter. It was a great feeling, knowing that you could be this comfortable with someone.

“And you’ll be waiting for a lot more, I hope.” He then quickly changed the subject. “I know this is rude to ask, but do you think that you could wait for me for about 10-15 minutes so I can finish this quickly and walk you home?”

“Home?” You asked.

“Yes. Where we met yesterday.” He smiled.

“Oh. Sure. No problem. I want to continue watching you dance so I’m fine with it.”

He nodded happily and went back to the stereo, he pressed play and a song started. It seemed like a really nice song, but you knew for a fact that it wasn’t one of their songs, because you couldn’t hear Taemin’s voice not even a bit.

He started dancing putting up quite a show, with elegant and elaborated moves, steady flows and waves, popping steps and much more. The choreography seemed so difficult, but he did it so well, not even once expressing how hard it was. After around 3 minutes of continuous dancing the song came to an end and he went over to stop the song as he panted, out of breath.

You just stood there even more mesmerized than before. Everything about him seemed perfect. His heavy panting, the way his sweat was formed on his forehead and the back of his neck, damping his hair a bit, the concentrated face, the lip biting and the smirking. Everything seemed so different from what you were used to seeing.

After he had calmed down he turned to face you.

“What do you think?”

“Do you have any bones in your body?” You said with a serious face as he began to laugh. “Seriously you are amazing. When I saw you a few minutes ago you were mesmerizing, but now I can’t even find the right words to describe it. Perfect seems a little too underrated.”

“I’m far from being perfect, but I really appreciate it. Thank you. Wait a sec. I’ll come out right away.” He said running away and not even 2 seconds later the room was dark, another 5 seconds passing and he was outside.

“You didn’t have to run. It wouldn’t have been a problem to wait a bit more.”

“I couldn’t make you wait even more than you already have.”

“Just look at you. You didn’t even change or dry properly. You’re going to catch a cold. At least dry yourself now.” You said smiling in a motherly and concerned manner. He chuckled slightly but got the towel from his bag and started drying himself once again.

You just walked most of the road in silence, enjoying each other’s company, without it being awkward. Hearing the small breaths you took, and the small city noises, from time to time a lost cricket somewhere around. When you got to where you had first met he broke the silence.

“I’ll see you again tomorrow right?”

“Are we making this an everyday thing?” You giggled slightly.

“I wouldn’t mind it.” He smiled brightly, looking at you.

“To be honest, I wouldn’t mind either. When will you finish your training?” You asked cheerfully.

“Around 11 pm with the group, but I think I’ll stick another 2 hours or so with solo training.”

You nodded. “I’ll see you at 1 am then.”

“But how come you’re always so late outside?” He asked curious. “I’m sorry I asked about this now. I guess I should’ve asked you when it was good for you to meet.”

“No no. It’s perfectly fine. I’m a night owl after all.” You said giggling at the stated fact.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then. Take care, Alexandra. Good night.”

“Thank you Taemin, You make sure you get home safe. Good night.” You said waving at him, he walking backwards waving back until he was no longer in sight.

For the second time in two days you smiled happily at yourself, feeling nice with the fact that you could talk to someone and feel so good with him. Interesting things were about to happen and you could feel it. It should’ve made you happy, but somehow there was another feeling that you couldn’t shake away. You sighed and just hopped for the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As promised I posted the second chapter today. I know my chapters aren't so long but... If I make them as long as I like I will reveal too much. And I don't want that >.<
Anyways...there is much more description in this chapter and I'm very glad with it ♥ Since I love the narrative part more than an actual dialog
I hope you enjoy ^^
And once again special thanks to my friend Melon who helped me with the main image ♥