Chapter 3

You're Most Shining of Them All

You saw each other on a daily basis ever since then, but you always did that very late. It didn’t bother you since you never slept a lot, but you knew it wasn’t good for Taemin since his schedule was always packed and he needed his rest. But he always insisted that he was fine and that he wouldn’t be able to sleep very much anyways. He always stood behind to practice and you two always met alone, not even once did you see his band members, but you didn’t mind, you’d see them soon.

Taemin knew from the very start that he would start loving you instantly, but now he was slowly growing on you as well. You still didn’t love him, but gradually you were starting to like him a lot. How his smile never faded, how his eyes glistered, how he managed to act so full of energy, though you knew he would fall asleep as soon as he got home, just to be together with you. All of this was starting to make its way to your heart, making it impossible to stop your feelings from developing.

Today he finished a bit earlier, not by much though, and he decided to take you for a walk.

“Where are we going?” You asked smiling.

“I’m taking you to my favorite place. No one knows about this place except for me.” He responded as he took you through unknown streets.

“So I will be the first?” He simply nodded, smiling yet again and his eyes glistering.

How he wanted to grab your hand and link fingers, using his thumb to caress the small portion of skin that it could reach. He wanted to feel your heat in the palm of his hand. He shrug that thought off as he continued to walk, making conversation with you about your day, some of your hobbies, favorite things, basically any small conversation that would let him hear your voice and discover more about you. After around half an hour you looked around, recognizing that you were almost out of the city. But just as you wanted to ask how much further it is Taemin spoke up telling you to follow him as he turned left on a small street that led up. 5 minutes later and you were on a hill full of fresh green grass.

“Where did this place come from?” You asked amazed. A hill in Seoul, somewhere after a random street. Why couldn’t you see this from beneath?

“Just a second. This is not what I wanted to show you.” He said as he led you through a few trees, finally revealing an opening.

You opened your mouth in awe. You could see whole Seoul from up there. A small opening from a hill, surrounded by trees, just above Seoul. The ever so beautiful night sight of a lighten up Seoul. Thousands of lights glistening and sparkling, the wind rustling and crickets singing. No city noise, just the beauty of it.

Taemin smiled cheerfully at your expression as he sat down on the soft green grass.

“Do you come here often?” You asked turning your towards him.

“Not so often anymore. I don’t have that much time now. But each time I’m free I come up here. I used to come up a lot during trainee days. I would come here and enjoy the sight thinking about many things. I still do though, only the things I think about have changed. Nothing else. I still enjoy it as if it’s the first I’m here.” He said smiling.

“How did you even discover this place?”

“Well this is a different story. One of my friends asked me to dress up as a girl to help him get out of a situation with a buggy ex-girlfriend  that wouldn’t leave him alone. And after that as I was trying to walk home I got chased by guys. So I ran in the opposite direction and stumbled up this by accident. It’s been my secret ever since.” He started laughing upon telling the story and you joined with a soft giggle.

“And what do you think about now?”

He closed his eyes, listening to the wind and the crickets before speaking.

“Anything actually. Life, love, marriage, children, if I will be able to grow old with the person I love, if I’ll ever find that one special person. I think about how lucky I am and how hard I’ve worked, but how everything paid off and I regret nothing. I think about all of our fans and how special they all are and how thankful I am to have them support us. I think about my family and how much I miss them, even though my house is here. I think about my hyungs and how grateful I am to them for always being there for me and watching over me, supporting and encouraging me.”

You just listened carefully as Taemin went about his thoughts, feeling that you could understand him a bit better now.

“What is the first thing that goes through your mind seeing this scenery?” He asked finally opening his eyes.

“Immortality.” You simply stated but continued short after. “How I would like to immortalize this scenery exactly as it is and keep it with me forever.”

He hummed in agreement and you sat there quietly for another couple of minutes.

“You’re coming tomorrow aren’t you?” He asked referring to the concert.

“Of course. I already told you that I’d come. No way will I miss it.” You smiled and he gave you a smile back before silence took over once again.

It wasn’t uncomfortable at all. Enjoying each other’s company without saying anything… not many could do that, but it seemed as if it didn’t bother any of you. After around 20 more minutes of silence, enjoying the view and the calmness, wind started blowing just a bit harder, sending petals all over. They were petals from late blooming trees. Taemin just watched as the scenery got more and more beautiful. He looked over at you, who seemed to enjoy the nice breeze of the wind, petals falling in your hair which slightly got messed up due to them. He wanted to tuck a strand of your long, slightly wavy, blonde hair behind your ear as he placed a gentle kiss on your cheek. He wanted to hug you from behind, placing his arms around your thin waist, resting his head on your shoulder as he inhaled your scent, placing a soft kiss on your neck. He wanted to do all of that, but he couldn’t. He smiled softly, happy and bitter at the same time, as he just sat there watching and admiring your beauty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this chapter is pretty short but I'm lacking sleep and inspiration right now >.< I hope you enjoyed it though. 2 more chapters until it comes to and end ^^ [though you can't say that I didn't worn you about it being short >.<]