Chapter 4

You're Most Shining of Them All

It was the day of the concert and you were excited. You couldn’t wait to see Taemin perform on stage. On a real stage. Of course he did all kind of dances in front of you when he was running late with rehearsals or when he wanted to show you his dances, but him being on a stage, you knew it would be very different. You looked over at the clock and there were still two hours left so you decided to go a bit earlier.

As you got there you saw it was an open air stage and took your place somewhere very in the back. It’s not as if you couldn’t go any more in the front, but you wanted to see Taemin when he wasn’t distracted. You already knew that he loved you, you could hear him whispering to himself lowly when he thought you wouldn’t hear him. You knew that if he would see you he would interact a lot more with you, and you wanted to see the Taemin he always was, not the Taemin that acknowledged your existence.

You saw a lot of girls eagerly waiting and being very excited. You smiled painfully. You wanted to be like them, go with your friends and talk excitedly about them, know things about them, know their songs and performances. You wanted to be like them, to feel the same excitement of seeing someone you admire perform before your eyes, feel as if this was your only chance to feel close to them. You kinda felt bad seeing that you already knew one of the members while other girls would kill just to make him look at them. You felt guilty since they’ve known and supported them for 5 years and you just found out about them, and that thanks to one of the actual members.

You were lost in your thoughts and before you knew it the lights dimmed and you were surrounded by a sea of pearl aqua. You looked forward and stared in awe. You’ve never seen anything this beautiful before. So many hearts connected as one. You had been to a lot of concerts before, but this was the first time you actually felt connected together with the rest.

The music started and you heard voices singing, but no person in sight. You saw something moving and after a few more seconds you saw 5 boys coming down on strings as if floating. You recognized the song since you saw Taemin dance once to it. He had explained that it was called “SHINee World” and that it had the same name as their fandom, SHINee symbolizing the fact that they were the ones receiving light from the love of their fans.

You enjoyed the first performance and you really loved their voices, dance moves and aspect. Each had his own special charm and they were all good looking, all being way above average, but your eyes were glued to Taemin. There was something about him that was different, even from practice. Much more powerful, confident, he enjoyed every minute of being on stage.

The song ended and the fans all cheered happily, while the boys introduced themselves as being the “Shining SHINee” and thanked everyone for being there. Taemin took that opportunity to look around, you thought and hoped that he was searching for you. He looked until the next song started and ended up getting disappointed, but carried on with the concert as if nothing had happened. After a few more songs they had solo stages. There was a musical song, from a very warming voice, a ballad with a very unique voice. You had never heard this kind of voice before because such a voice would be impossible to confuse or forget. A slow pop song, by a shy but powerful and very touching voice, a hip-hop song, more dancing rather than vocal, but by a guy with a wonderful body and deep voice, and a solo dance performed by Taemin. It was the dance he had shown you before, in private, but it was much more powerful now, more of his emotions being shown. You had no idea someone would dance like that.

You had an idea about which member is which, you heard stories about each of them from Taemin, but you weren’t sure.

After solo stages they came back together as a group and sung a few more rhythmic songs before going down to slow ballads, Taemin’s eyes not even once missing the chance to look for you. At the very beginning of one ballad though, he finally found you. His eyes lit up and a bright smile appeared on his face, but soon diminished as he started to sing. It was moments like these when his voice really came out. He had a wonderful, warm and soothing voice, which made you melt. Apart from his voice, his intense gaze which was directed towards you made your heart flutter. His eyes never left yours during the whole song, and even if he wasn’t the one singing, it still seemed as if he was trying to direct every lyric of the song towards you, as if he was singing it to you, as if the song was written especially for you. It was so beautiful that you felt your eyes begin to water. As if on queue, the moment Taemin saw little diamond tears forming in the corner of your eyes and slowly sliding down your cheeks, he as well began to cry. Everyone was shocked since Taemin was known to be the strongest of them, never crying on stage, but to you two nothing mattered. It was just the two of you and no one else. After he had finished yet another of his parts in the song, the guys came towards him and gave him big warm hugs and wiped away the tears of their youngest member, who even now still mimicked all the lyrics and looked intensely at you.You felt powerless because you couldn’t do the same, you couldn’t be there for him. As the song reached its final notes and it was now only, you assumed because he was mainly the one who rapped, Minho, there was a part at the very end of the song were he said “Gomawo.” Taemin on the other hand, who had still sung along through every lyric, mouthed a silent “Saranghae” and all the girls who had seen this action started squeeling, but the two of you knew who it was meant for and that person was you.

They started singing again as Taemin whipped away a last falling tear and they were back to singing their more rhythmical songs again and after 5 more songs the concert came to an end, with them bowing down and thanking everyone, as the fans waved their glowing sticks frantically creating a motioned pearl aqua sea, a sight which quickly became your favorite.

Just before going off stage, Taemin looked at you once again and raised one index finger. You nodded in assent as he smiled brightly, turning his attention towards the fans, waving, as he went back stage together with the rest, signaling that the concert had truly ended. You smiled happily as you left.

There was no need for words. You knew exactly what he meant. You walked down familiar streets since you were supposed to meet Taemin at the spot only the two of you knew, your spot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I promised this for Yesterday...but yesterday I remembered I had to do a project which I hadn't even started >.< So I really couldn't write it... but I'm kinda glad I didn't write it yesterday because I wrote it today at school.... and I kinda love it ♥

Next chapter [FINAL] is coming out today as well ^^ I'm gonna go type it now [because I have it on my notebook in which I write at school or when I don't have my pc]