Terrified - Part VIII

Seuss: Terrified

A/N: Days don't go accord as to how many days they've known each other. It only concerns working days. :)

--

Week 4

Day 14

Ella sat at her cubicle, head resting on her arms. She thought about what happened a week ago and how awkward it seemed now for her boss and her. Not that they were given any time to talk with this week starting, anyway, but still…

.
.
………………..{
“Chun!“ she almost exclaimed, pushing Chun gently of off her. She got aware of Jerry’s presence on the side, so as much as possible, she stayed calm.

“Mhmm,“ was the only word she received as reply from the drunk man who stood up eventually.

With much of her strength, she tried as hard to hold on to his weight and rang Arron a call when she realized she couldn’t do this alone. Carrying him back to his room, that is.

A minute later, just as Jerry was about to help her out, Hebe and Arron came into the scene and helped Ella get Chun to his ward as possible. Defeated, Jerry remained still seated right in front of his girlfriend.

--

“I can manage,” Ella said right after the three of them successfully brought Chun back to his room. “He’ll just need some time to sober up. I’ll get back to my room as possible after this. You two may go.”

“Just…” Hebe started. “Be careful. He’s drunk and most of the time, it doesn’t result to good things.”

“Mhmm,” Ella took note with a nod.

And so she did settle him on his bed. She had put a blanket over him, too. But before she could even leave, a hand pulled onto her wrist with Chun saying, “Don’t go.”

As much as she wanted to go, she couldn’t. She doesn’t know why, but she feels herself pitying him and the state he was in. So she stayed for the night in his room, with a chair positioned just beside his bed. Her arms and head sharing his bed with his.

The next day was quite unfortunate, though…

Chun’s head throbbed with much pain as a result from yesterday night. A hand gripped on his hair as he walked to the bathroom of his room and had his face washed. Stepping out with a toothbrush in hand, he noticed Ella seated beside his bed and wondered why. But as he approached, she flinched when he’d land his hand on her arm.

Confused and too shocked, Ella stood up and ran for the door. Chun, on the other hand, was trying to calm her down by pulling her wrists back, but they landed on the floor with the worst of positions. Him on top of her.

Soon enough, he noticed that his left hand landed on a private part of hers. She had no time to scream, even if she had wanted so.
………………..}
.
.

So she hit her forehead with her palm, still thinking. After that happened, she retreated back home and completed her full leave before coming back here now.

“So Elle, how was your leave?” Charlene happened to pass by, asking.

“It was…” Ella started. “It was long.”

“Any more adjectives of how to describe it?” she continued asking, out of curiosity, of course.

“I’m having lunch. Do you want to come?” Ella changes topic in reply and grabs her wallet as she stands up from her work cubicle.

“Ella!” Charlene almost exclaimed, a little bit frustrated at that. “Oh, hey,” she whispered. “Don’t tell the boss I asked you this, alright, but do you two have something? You know, like a mysterious relationship.”

“Why would you think that?” Ella stopped dead on her tracks, listening to Charlene.

“Last week he went home five minutes or so after you. Just last week, he told me he was taking a leave when you did, so I don’t really know what-what,” Charlene said.

“Forget it,” Ella said. “Those are just coincidences.”

“Alright, if you say so,” then she goes back to work.

--

Day 16

For the first time, after the incident, Chun got out of his office in Ella’s direction. He was planning to clear out everything to her. That she didn’t mean it and so and so, but damn did her … feel soft.

“El-” but he was cut off when she heard her answering a call.

It was a call from the lobby. There was someone looking for her.

“Oh, alright, I’ll be down there in a second,” and she hang up.

Standing up, she met Wu Chun’s gaze, but she continued on as if she hadn’t. She walked in haste toward the elevator and decelerated with it down the lobby. Who she saw most definitely shocked her. It was her stupid ex-boyfriend, seated at the lobby, waving at her a couple meters to sit down next to him. But when he’d saw she wasn’t even moving right at her very position, he took it as a signal for him to stand up and walk toward her.

“Ella, I thought you wouldn’t come,” he greeted with a smirk. “So I see you’re working for your boyfriend, too. I saw him not too long ago without you.”

“Did you talk to him?” she asked in worry, struggling at her words.

“Keep calm, he’s not here. You guys must’ve fought,” he commented.

She wanted so much to punch him on the face, having to be that kind of guy who thinks knows it all. But apart from that, she was afraid that her little façade about him being her boyfriend might be exposed to the sad, sad truth that they weren’t together.

“So I heard that you aren’t really together,” he continued, shocking Ella right to her very position.

“So what do you know?” she asked. “We broke up yesterday!”

“Ella, look at you now,” he said. “Very respectable and lady-like. You should’ve been like that when we were still together. Do you really like him that much?”

“I love him.”

“What if we get back together?” he offered, much for her to be caught off guard. “We could start over, Ella. It would be easier. I promise to keep you for my whole life’s sake, too. I’ll never hurt you and break up with you again.”

“You never hurt me,” she said. “Because that time when you broke up with me, I swear I could laugh out loud. And God, Jerry, couldn’t you stop it?!”

“Stop what?”

“Trying to be the guy who thinks knows it all,” she said in frustration. “And I won’t be saying it’s bad luck you went here. Maybe this would just be proper closure on our relationship.”

Then she walked away, but was pulled back by a strong force as he gripped on her wrist.

“Let go, it’s hurting me,” she demanded, pulling at her wrist.

“Ella, you think about it. You and me getting back together,” he was still trying to push that matter to her.

“And think about it, too, that we can never get back together!” she exclaimed. “Now, let go.”

“No,” he declared, pulling her to his chest strongly.

And out from the elevator, a man saw this scene so clearly. It was clear to him that she was hurt and that he wasn’t even trying to let go, so he stepped on scene and demanded he let her go.

“She said to let her go!” he exclaimed, pulling Jerry’s hands away from that of Ella’s.

Jerry had that shocked look in his face. He looked utterly defeated. Then Ella ran away, leaving the two guys in a staring game. But Jerry looked away with that look of guilt in his eyes and went out of the company in haste.

Then Chun took off with the second elevator back to the 15th floor.

--

© Meng Rui Fan

So yay, I've got the chapters estimated for Terrified and it will last only for 10 Chapters! Woohoo.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all of you!

--

This is edited! Some parts from the waking up scene wasn't included lately, 'cause I forgot to. But it's up now, anyway. That's why some of you were confused, haha! Sorry.