Terrified - Part II

Seuss: Terrified

Chun was still literally sitting right in front of the lady who fainted on him lately. He was getting ready to leave when someone yelled…

“Get away from my sister!”

And yes, accused him of doing or becoming the reason this man‘s sister lay on a bench.

Chun had not the time to explain. When he was given time to stand up, Arron glared at him. Yes, yes, it‘s Arron and he looked like he wanted to attack Chun badly. Given no chance for retaliation, Chun with his briefcase and Salvatore Ferragamo suit came running at the end of the train station for escape.

“You come back here!” Arron yelled at the top of his lungs, running as fast as he could chasing after the man who he accused to have been the cause of her sister who lay on a bench.

“Look, I didn‘t do anything to your sister,” Chun stopped for a while, hands on knees. “She fainted on me.”

“Just you wait!” Arron said. “Stop right there and I‘ll call the cops. You must be one of the fake businessmen around here in Taiwan jeopardizing people‘s lives.”

So Chun ran as fast as he could again. It was a good thing he didn‘t entirely run the company 7 days in a week. His days spent in the gym actually paid off. So reaching an intersection road, he crossed the street in haste, caring less if a car would hit him. Successfully, though, he lost Arron and for a while there he has had two relief moments in the day.

--

Hands on knees Arron said, “Damn, I lost him.” It was hard to admit defeat, at least to Arron, but he had no choice. He needed to stop the chase and immediately attend to her “elder“ sister who acted the immature and broken hearted one over a 6-month relationship ender.

--

Back to where Ella is…

“Gosh, what time is it?” she looked at her wrist watch and let out a gasp knowing that it was half past 8 and she needed badly to go home. It hadn’t even occurred to her that she woke up in a train station bench. She just needed to go home. At least, for now. Even if going home meant a lecture from her mother through the phone, that is.

--

“Now, where the hell is she again!?” Arron yelled for the second time in the day after finding out that Ella’s lost all over again. This time around, though, it was on a mental note. He didn’t yell at the top of his lungs, he only kept it in mind.

--

Early morning the next day, Ella had now walked in an entirely familiar place in sight. Home. She was back. Home sweet home and she loved it and forgot about the heartbroken feeling even for just a while.

When she’d walk down, she sniffed the smell of fried eggs and bacon for breakfast that probably Arron had cooked or was cooking at the time.

“Mom just informed me to turn on your laptop sharp by 10. It’s 8, so get your set of breakfast and dig in before webcam-ing with her. She said to remind you to comb your hair and brush your teeth after which eating and before having a webcam chat with her, so you better keep that in mind.”

“Anymore else?”

“Well, she said not to talk to her with a broken heart concerning a Jerry Yan.”

“Not like I still am,” Ella said, rolling her eyes in the process.

“Not like I still am,” Arron mocked at her sister and rolled his eyes, as well. “Who was out by the train station trying to sustain a broken heart by walking back to her past memories with Jerry Yan?”

“Me.”

“Who was the one who’s sulking over a 6-month relationship ender?”

“Me,” Ella answered simply. “It’s not like I’m sulking.”

“You’re so much in denial,” Arron said as a matter of fact.

“I’m not,” Ella retaliated.

“Oh, yes you are!” Arron exclaimed.

“I said I’m not and I’m the eldest so stop bossing me around,” Ella started fidgeting, trying not to bite a finger of hers from her hand. Not like it would stick out from its socket, anyway.

“But I always could because you don’t act like you’re eldest majority of the time,” Arron replied.

“I said stop it!” Ella exclaimed in rage this time around. Her face was gradually turning pink in shade every other second time has flown and tears had eventually reached the corner of her eyes.

“Cry all you want, then,” Arron almighty and without guilt had said.

True enough, Ella did. Pretty much because she couldn’t take much of Arron’s teasing anymore. It was true, actually - that she was in denial, but she wasn’t ready to admit to that fact. So maybe she’ll be ditching the idea of talking to her mom through webcam chat happening in an hour or so, but she’s decided that if she wakes up another week, she’ll have to land her on a job.

--

A week after…

“Char, do you have any idea what had happened a week ago on that day our sales of contract increased?” Chun asked her clueless secretary, remembering an incident at that time of day unexpectedly.

“Um, no sir,” Charlene sneezed. “You haven’t mentioned anything since last week.”

“And your flu has never gotten the best of you,” Chun remarked. “I’m afraid you must take a long week off to heal from that.”

“No, I think it’s best if I stay,” Charlene objected. “There’s a meeting scheduled this coming Tuesday and I’m not going to miss it most especially because it could be means of my increase in pay.”

“Don’t worry about that,” Chun said frankly. “I’ll get a replacement for a span of a week’s time.”

“But the pay…”

“You just need to get off for a week,” Chun said. “I promise you an increase when you come back. You could go home after your day’s work and the week is yours truly to treasure in gaining back your long lost normality.”

“Thank you, sir,” Charlene said politely, even if the way Chun said ‘gaining back your long lost normality’ sounded a bit rude. Hihi.

And truly, the handsome owner of Acer Inc. has made one of his employees exit his office with a smile.

And not long after Charlene had exited his office, she’s got back in again.

“Sir, our pleas are granted,” Charlene said in relief. “Someone’s attempting to apply as your employee for paperwork and typewritten documents, I’ve heard.”

“Send her in,” Chun acknowledged. For a fact, he hasn’t even met the employee yet there’s an instinct of his that’s it’s going to be a woman…by all means.

--

PS: Still a little bit boring and I adjusted some scenes to part III. Definitely, they'll meet by Part III and interesting things happen. This short story will probably last until Part IV or V. Estimation-wise. ;)

And yes, as you've noticed...I lengthened my chapters, because I felt like the 1st part was so short it lacks. :)))

So there. :D

© Meng Rui Fan