Terrified - Part I

Seuss: Terrified

She was out by the railway station. She badly needed time to contemplate. It was never easy. Trying to get over him when you couldn‘t wasn‘t in any way easy. Ella Chen was trying to move on. She was trying to forget Jerry Yan - her boyfriend of 6 months. Barely 6 months. Not even a year or anything more than the given time between them.

She was at the railway station because that was the place they met and had their eyes meet. It was electrocution at the time, but it didn‘t last that long.

--

Arron was back home worrying for his elder sister Ella. Their mom had been dropping a few calls that he intentionally had to miss just because he knew what she was going to say and ask of Ella‘s whereabouts.

“When she gets back I am so going to tie her in a chair!” he talked to himself before going out the house to find the nearest payphone after unplugging their telephone landline in fear of additional fees prior to the calls their mom had sent. It wasn‘t like the system of landlines or telephone, for that matter, are like that. Arron was just assuming.

--

Meanwhile, a promiscuous Casanova in his late 20‘s came walking out of his company. No, wait, let me get back to that.

Rewind.

Meanwhile, a businessman carrying a briefcase in hand came walking out of his company. He‘d decided for an extraordinary celebration for himself considering so the case that his employees hadn‘t the time making friends with him. In accord to this, today he‘ll be taking a simple life by going home via train after leaving his Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 back in the office.

He was happily skipping (no, not literally) mentally with a joyous spirit as he entered a train station greeted by the most unexpected way he could be. He’d almost stepped inside the train itself, but a lady crashed to his side. He was stunned. In fact, he couldn’t move. He was just too shocked knowing how the way of life of commoners had changed. It hadn’t even occurred in his mind that a stampede or two could happen inside a train station.

The lady fell, her back touched the floor that strike with a thud.

The business man got terrified. He hadn’t meant to kill her. That’s for sure. But the main question is: “Who had killed her?” - “Who would dare kill in a train station?” and “Is she really dead?”

So in thanks of his entire common sense, he lifted the lady off the ground and placed her in the nearest bench, body flat. He felt for her pulse and was relieved as he let out a sigh and literally fell down on the ground.

It was a rather exceeding day for a business man and he was in no way in acceptance of this. He just needed the simplest way of life for the day, but life gave him lemons and he’s supposed to make lemonade out of it.

--

Arron, once got out from the payphone successfully knowing Ella’s whereabouts rushed to the nearest train station in Taiwan. He was so gleeful he ran, excited to tie her elder sister in a chair for good. Once he gets his hands on her, that is.

--

© Meng Rui Fan