Chapter 2

Always

Hana tried to find Daesung in the middle of people at the backstage. It was kind of confusing since everyone wore the same shirt as Daesung on his last performance. But, she still managed to find him. He was smiling on the corner of the changing room, looking toward the people who looked so happy that the concert was done perfectly. He seemed relieve.

"Why aren't you joining your own celebration?" Hana walked to Daesung with a smile on her face.

Daesung looked surprise. "I thought you have gone home."

Hana hugged Daesung tightly and whispered in his ear. "How can I go home just like that?" She pulled her head from Daesung's shoulder, but her hands were still around his neck. "I want to congratulate you properly. You were so great out there."

"Really?"

"Yah!" Hyunki appeared next to Hana. "You never told me I did great after you watched my concert," he said with a tone of envy.

Daesung laughed. Hana let Daesung go and then she rolled her eyes.

Hyunki turned his head to Daesung. "I did great too, right?"

Daesung tried to control his laugh. "Oh, yeah, you were awesome! I did tell you that, right?"

"Of course you did. You are the best!" Hyunki taped Daesung's shoulder. "It was a really good performance."

Daesung noded a little. He felt happy because they were here. "Thank you. You guys are coming again tomorrow for the second day, right?"

"You want us to come again tomorrow?" Hana asked.

"It's okay if you guys can't make it."

Hana gave Hyunki a glance. Hyunki looked like he was thinking about something. "I don't think I can make it tomorrow. I have to prepare some materials for my album."

"Album?" Hana sounded surprise.

Daesung looked at him with a curious look. "What album?"

Hyunki smiled shyly. "I haven't told you guys. Someone has offered me to record a classical album. You know, like Mozart."

"Really?! That's great, Hyunki!" Daesung hugged Hyunki and they started to spin around while hugging. Hyunki laughed.

When they were done hugging, Hana's turn to hug him. "Oh, I am so proud of you! Our Hyunki is really becoming a maestro now!" Hana said "maestro" with funny accent.

"Thank you guys," Hyunki smiled to Hana and Daesung, "I wanted to tell you guys since this guy called me the first time, but we just made the final deal this morning. That's why I was late to pick Hana up. Sorry, Dae." 

"It's okay! If I knew you were late for this reason, I wouldn't mind at all!" Daesung replied happily.

"And I would just get a taxi by myself!" Hana laughed.

"You're not the only one who have album too now," Hyunki teased Daesung.

Daesung smiled as always. "It's Big Bang's album, not mine," he said with humble tone.

Hyunki sighed. This was why it's more fun to tease Hana than Daesung, because Hana always fought him back while Daesung would always smile at him and say things that made Hyunki feels guilty if he continues teasing him. He's too good to be true.

"Hey, what about dinner now? Do you still have anything to do here?" Hyunki asked Daesung.

Daesung looked around, then he shook his head. "The CEO wants to talk to us for a while and after that I'm free. But I don't think Jiyong hyung will let me go. We still have another concert tomorrow and the next day."

Hyunki looked at Hana. "What about you?"

"I think I'll pass too. I'm going to Osaka tomorrow because I have photoshoot there. I have to leave early. Why don't we just reschedule it? Another time, I promise." Hana smiled to Hyunki.

Among the three of them, Hyunki had always been the one who have lots of spare times. He only had college to go to and it was almost finished now. Just recently he got busy with his solo activities as a pianist. He always asked Hana or Daesung to hang out. Hana and Daesung always felt sorry for him because of their busyness.

"I promise too, of course." Daesung looked at Hana then Hyunki.

Hyunki pouted for a while, but then he gave up. "Fine, you busy people."

"Yah! Look who's talking!" Hana said.

Hyunki shook his head. "I am not that busy."

"Yeah, but you will be that busy with your album. Trust me." Daesung said. Hana agreed with him so they exchanged a high five. Hyunki pouted again.

 

A month later...

 

Hana just finished cleaning the make up on her face. She was getting ready to go home because it was almost midnight. There was an incoming phone call. She looked at the screen, it was Daesung. She said hi with a bright voice.

"Where are you?" he asked happily.

"Oh, I'm just done with a photoshoot. Why?"

"Do you want to go out?"

"Like right now?" Hana asked, "Don't you have schedule tomorrow? I don't know what time is it in your place, but it is almost midnight here."

She could hear Daesung laughs. "Surprisingly, it's same here. Let's just have a quick dinner. I've been recording for a whole day and I'm tired too, but I'm starving right now. And I don't have any schedule tomorrow until after lunch time. So, please?"

"Why don't you just ask one of your members? Unlike you, I still have college to go to and there are tons of assignments I need to do before Monday."

Daesung chuckled. "Yeah, but I miss you," there was a little awkwardness in his voice, "a-and Hyunki, of course!"

"Where is he anyway?"

"I've called him like a thousand times but he didn't pick up. I think he's already asleep."

Hana sighed. She couldn't resist Daesung, her dear friend. She felt like she must continue to remain close with him, because once he closed his door for her, he would never open it ever again. Sometime she feels thankful that she knew him since they were kids, because it was a lot easier back then. She knows a lot of people who think that they know Daesung when they really don't.

"Fine. Fine. Just pick me up, will you? I don't bring my car right now."

"Where are you now?"

"I'm at the studio Hyunki usually picked me up. Come hurry!"