Chapter 15 - The End

Together We Cry

 

"Jiyul ah, is that G.O?" Inyoung asked, pointing to a distant figure loitering outside their school gates.
 
 
"Yeah, it is." she smiled, skipping towards him. As soon as G.O noticed Jiyul approaching, his face brightened.
 
 
 
"Good afternoon!" he greeted with a sheepish smile.
 
 
 
"Good afternoon." Jiyul chuckled, slipping her fingers through his.
 
 
 
"What's with the awkward greetings?! How annoying." Inyoung snapped, causing the couple to giggle.
 
 
 
"Whatever, weirdo couple. I'm leaving. Bye!" Inyoung rolled her eyes, but couldn't to hide her smile.
 
 
 
"Bye, Inyoung! Text me!" Jiyul waved.
 
 
 
As soon as Inyoung was out of sight, G.O spoke.
 
 
 
"Are you hungry? I'm starving."
 
 
 
"Where's your car?" Jiyul asked, looking around.
 
 
 
"I didn't drive." he simply said. Jiyul tilted her head in confusion.
 
 
 
"Then how did you get here?"
 
 
 
"Subway. Let's go." he grinned.
 
 
 
Any other girl would have thrown a fit. Why get a car if you're going to make your girlfriend take the train even on dates? But Jiyul loved it. She enjoyed the simple, high school stage of love they were revisiting.
 
 
 
"Where are we alighting?" Jiyul questioned, one hand holding the handles for balance, the other still tightly wrapped around G.O's hand.
 
 
 
"I know a really good restaurant near home. Let's go there." 
 
 
 
"Ok!" she chirped excitedly.
 
 
 
It wasn't long before they arrived. Like any ordinary couple, they ate, they talked, and they took a stroll. But somewhere in between that time, Jiyul noticed G.O getting quieter, as if he had something on his mind.
 
 
 
"Is there something bothering you?" Jiyul finally asked after holding it in for so long.
 
 
 
"No, it's nothing." G.O replied with a smile, swing his arm that held Jiyul's hand. Jiyul nodded, accepting his answer. She didn't want to force him into telling her anything.
 
 
 
"Jiyul ah," G.O suddenly spoke, stopping in his tracks, "I have a question."
 
 
 
With curious eyes, she waited for it.
 
 
 
"Do you want to meet my parents?"
 
 
 
Jiyul's heart skipped a beat at that question. Though they have been together for so long, and it was only natural for his parents to meet her, it felt like a huge leap to Jiyul. When G.O wanted her to meet his parents, it wasn't a simple meet and greet session. It was more than that. He wouldn't bring a girl back home if he didn't already have intentions of marrying her. And Jiyul knew that.
 
 
 
"It's a little fast, don't you think?"
 
 
 
G.O's heart sank, unsure if that was a form of rejection.
 
 
 
"It's ok if you don't want to. We can wait." he gave her a reassuring smile.
 
 
 
The last thing he wanted was to scare Jiyul with his quick decisions. Though the only thing keeping him from marrying her was his financial capabilities.
 
 
 
"Byunghee‚" Jiyul called, stopping him from turning away, "When should we go?"
 
 
 
The smile on her lips removed all of G.O's doubts in an instant. He pulled Jiyul in for a hug.
 
 
 
"Mwo? I'm just going to say hi to your parents. Nothing else." she playfully warned. smiling against his shoulder.
 
 
 
"Komawo." he whispered, ruffling her hair.
 
 
 
"Ya!" she whined, pulling away. G.O couldn't help but laugh at the sight of his childish girlfriend tidying her hair as she looked into her pocket mirror.
 
 
 
That night, G.O invited the guys, including Seungho, over for dinner before they left the next day to visit G.O's parents. Jiyul cooked. And as if nothing ever happened, the atmosphere was light hearted. They chatted, they played, they laughed. Jiyul figured that perhaps Seungho's words before were simply to guide her back to what she really wanted. He did, after all, often imply that she was tying G.O down before. How could he possibly have feelings for her?
 
 
 
"I'll help you." G.O popped up behind Jiyul, taking over with the dishes. Jiyul stepped aside and leaned against the counter. The guys were in the living room, still playing silly games.
 
 
 
"Ey, hyung, noona! We're leaving!" Mir shouted.
 
 
 
And before Jiyul could answer, the four guys flooded the kitchen.
 
 
 
"Oh my god! G.O hyung is doing the dishes!" Joon exclaimed, putting his palm against his forehead.
 
 
 
"Hyung, this is embarrassing!" Mir yelled.
 
 
 
"Ya! Why is this embarrassing?! Byunghee is helping me!" Jiyul defended with a pout.
 
 
 
"You kids won't understand." Seungho added, "That's the right way to treat a lady."
 
 
 
Joon and Mir snickered, not convinced. Chundong just laughed, still unable to take his eyes off his manly hyung in an apron.
 
 
 
"Anyway, we'll be leaving now." Seungho reminded.
 
 
 
G.O dried his hands and took off his apron, accompanying them to the door.
 
 
 
"Thanks for inviting us over!" they chirped one after another.
 
 
 
"Thanks for coming!" Jiyul exclaimed with a wide smile.
 
 
 
"Jiyul," Seungho spoke, "If G.O ever bullies you, let me know. I'll beat him up for you."
 
 
 
His smirk was playful, yet his eyes didn't complement what he was saying. It was a look that someone as dense as G.O probably wouldn't notice. But Jiyul definitely saw through his facade.
 
 
 
"I will." she replied with a thankful smile.
 
 
 
The couple watched as they four guys rowdily made their way out, leaving the house in peace once again.
 
 
 
"I'll never bully you." G.O suddenly said, earning a chuckle from Jiyul.
 
 
 
"Of course not. Because I'll be bullying you." she stated, punching him lightly on the shoulder.
 
 
 
G.O didn't mind, even if Jiyul did mean what she said. He was the luckiest man on the planet, to have her in his life. He wished he didn't put her through so much pain. But a part of him knew that it was necessary. Sometimes people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to stay together. G.O was so close to losing the most precious angel in his life. But if not for that, he probably wouldn't be able to see so clearly now, that she was the one he wanted to live with for the rest of his life. Even if she annoyed the hell out of him everyday.
 

There! It's up again! Honestly, I'm quite embarrassed of this story. But this is for the people who loved this story before and the people who are currently loving this story ahaha. And of course, to anchovygirls94 who specially asked for it to be posted again ehehe.