Continuation of Chapter 3 (because AFF hates my chapters)

A Trip to Remember

"What? Why?"

 

"Because I like Eunmi better. I only went out with you so that I could get closer to her."

 

"Did Eunmi know about this?"

 

"Yeah. We both knew how we felt about each other."

 

~*~*~End of Flashback~*~*~

 

Han Geng started to hug me tighter since the tears were starting to spring up again. It was weird, I never felt this way with someone. In his arms, I felt safe, like nothing bad was going to get to me, that I wouldn't hurt anymore.

 

I started talking again, "It felt as if my whole world were crashing down. I didn't know what to do except for just cry. I went to the locker rooms to get ready for practice. They were empty since everybody else was in the gym already warming up. I couldn’t take it anymore. I got to my locker, saw the pictures of Eunmi, Jae Hwa, and I, and broke down. I was a mess at that time. Heck, I'm still a mess now." I laughed bitterly.

 

"No, you're not. You've been able to put up with all of us so far. Our manager and stylists are so fed up with all of our complaining they're happy to get rid of us by the end of the day." He said, smiling.

 

I laughed, "So what happened after I left?"

 

"Well Heechul probably scared them away, knowing him. And knowing Kyle, he's probably wondering where you are, being your son," he said.

 

"Son?" I asked. Since when did he become my son?

 

"Uh, well, whenever you guys are together you look like a mother and son…" he said hesitantly.

 

"Really?"

 

"Uhhh, yeah?"

 

"Wow, I never thought of it that way." I said.

 

"Well yeah, you do." He replied.

 

"I guess we should get going soon. They're probably worrying about you, seeing as they already think of you as their mei mei." He said, standing up and holding his hand out so I could grab onto it. I stood up and stretched a little, brushing the dust off of my jeans before picking up some of the bags.

 

"Wait, they think of me as their little sister?" I asked once again.

 

"Yeah, of course, most of them have older siblings but not younger siblings. Like me, I have a jie jie but no didi, gege, or mei mei." He said, holding my hand.

 

"That's cool, I would love having more older brothers. Anyway, since we took so long we should go buy something, I guess we better go to a shop first before returning to the group." I said, looking for my wallet.

 

"Okay…" he replied.

 

"What do they like?"

 

"Anything. Whatever you want to buy."

 

"I'll just buy some candy or snacks then." I said, making my mind up.

 

Nobody's P.O.V.

 

Han Geng and Jessica returned to the group soon after, both seeming more visibly happy, and holding plastic bags filled with things she bought. Kyle saw them first and wriggled himself out of Kyuhyun's arms. Once he was free, he ran towards her, anxious to see if she was okay and what were the goodies in the bags. She gently set the bags down on the floor and then bent down and held out her arms in order to receive her nephew.

 

"Noona! Gwenchana?" He asked, squishing her cheeks together gently.

 

"Mmm, gwenchana." She replied, lightly pinching his cheeks affectionately back.

 

"Here, let me get those." Eunhyuk said, grabbing the plastic bags from her.

 

"Thanks, oppa," Jessica said while reaching into her purse and pulling out a bottle, "Kyle! Look! Noona got you your favorite banana milk!"

 

"Yay!!! I love banana milk!" He said, waiting a little impatiently for his prize that he got for behaving while she was gone. She gave him the bottle and then picked him up.

 

"You guys can open what's in the bags. I got takoyaki, taiyaki, and these fried sweet potato mochi balls." She said as she called the driver so that he would pick them up.

 

The shuttle arrived soon after, and everybody loaded on quickly and quietly, having already devoured the food she bought. This time she sat next Han Geng who had already taken the sleeping Kyle from her arms.  She fell asleep quickly, her head resting on his shoulder. Once they knew she was asleep Kyuhyun and Siwon turned around, ready to confront Han Geng about what had happened.

 

"Spill it," Kyuhyun said, turning in his seat.

 

"Spill what?" Han Geng asked, trying to play innocent.

 

"The beans," Eunhyuk said, peering over the seat in front of him.

 

"What beans?"

 

"The jelly beans and the mung beans and the jack and the beanstalk beans!" Donghae exclaimed excitedly. All of the guys stared at him in confusion from his sudden outburst. He mumbled an incoherent 'sorry' before shrinking back into his seat.

 

"Hyung, don't make this anymore harder than it has to be," Siwon said.

 

"Fine… I finally caught her after she ran away and she was a mess. Tears were streaming down her face and she was curled up in a corner, where nobody would find her. That guy… he was her ex-boyfriend. And the girl, she used to be one of her best friends. Apparently they liked each other and Jessica was just the middle man." Han Geng exclaimed angrily, lowering his voice in order not to wake the girl and little boy sitting next to him. He looked at the people in front of him and the people sitting behind him. Their faces showed pure rage: they didn't like the fact that the person they cared so much about was used for others' benefits.

 

"Look, I know that you guys all like her, that is, except for Donghae. I won't interfere; it would be rude and unfair for me to do so. But I don't- no will not; allow her to get hurt because of your attempts to woo her heart. She's the little sister I've never had and in these first days we’ve spent with her both of us have gotten really close. So I know I really have no say in this but don't let this break your friendship with Jessica or each other. I just want to know that you guys are serious about this... like I said before, I don't want anybody getting hurt," Han Geng finished. Siwon, Eunhyuk, and Kyuhuyn all nodded their heads in agreement.

 

"Well now that this is settled, you guys should get some sleep, it's been a long day." Han Geng said, leaning back into his chair and closing his eyes lazily.