Midnight Swimming and Confessions

A Trip to Remember

Your P.O.V.

 

"Jessica?" A figured emerged from the water and started walking towards me. I readied myself to get ready to scream or defend myself until I saw whom it was.

 

"Siwon oppa?" I asked back. He was walking towards me, dripping water on the ground after getting out of the pool.

 

"What are you doing down here? It's not very safe to be wandering around at night you know." He added in a matter of fact tone.

 

"I think the question is what are you doing down here, swimming at night when you can barely communicate with anybody in anything else other than Korean and limited Chinese." I defended myself, putting my hands on my hips.

 

"Nuh-uh! I can speak some English too! And I just wanted to swim for a while. It feels weird being able to finally relax. So what's your reason?" He asked me as I stepped into the water after him.

 

"Me? Same reason I guess. I have to go to practice almost everyday and then when I finally get a break, I want to swim. It's weird but it always happens to me." I said, as I came up after dipping my head under the water.

 

"Wow. So Mi Sun is your best friend?" Siwon asked me. I simply nodded, taking in the feel of the cold water.

 

Siwon's P.O.V.

 

"What about those two other people that we met the other day?" I asked Jessica. She looked so peaceful just floating on the surface of the water.

 

As soon as I finished my question however, she immediately came up from her lying down position and faced me. She looked at me with those big dark brown eyes, as if trying to read more into my question. I held my stance, even though I felt that I was going to melt if she kept staring at me anymore. Then her expression softened and it looked almost sad? She grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the exit of the pool. I let her pull me until we stopped at a Jacuzzi. It was kind of secluded and there was a small waterfall at one end that was softly flowing. Jessica carefully stepped in and I followed her, sitting next to her when she sat down.

 

"It's a long story…" She sighed.

 

"I have all the time in the world right now." I replied softly; trying to look at her face and read her expression but it was had since she was staring off into a distance.

 

"Well, I guess I should start at the beginning. Eunmi and I met at freshman orientation. We immediately became friends after that. Later into the year, I met Jae-Hwa and fell for him. I thought my life was perfect then, an awesome boyfriend, 2 best friends that I could tell everything to and my volleyball career was looking really promising. And then it happened." She paused, trying to calm herself down before she continued. I was just about to comfort her but thought better of it and waited until she started talking again.

 

"I was so naïve," She laughed bitterly, as if she deserved what horrible things happened to her.

 

"I was stupid, thinking that everything was fine. I tried to convince myself that nothing was happening between Jae-Hwa and Eunmi, that us growing farther apart was just a rough patch in our relationship and it would get better. I guess I was pretty good at convincing myself because I never saw it coming. There was one night though that I was going to break up with him immediately. It was really bad between us. He had snapped at me because I was late for a date because there was traffic. Jae-Hwa thought I was hanging out other friends and thought that I put them before our relationship. That almost made me snap, the fact that he couldn't trust me when I put all of my trust in him. And then a couple days later, he dropped the bomb." She said, wiping away what I thought were her tears but I couldn't tell because it was dark.

 

"I had just gotten out of class. Finals had just finished and I needed to go to volleyball practice. I saw them walking towards me with smiles on their faces. They were holding each other's hands and laughing and looking so happy. When they looked up and saw me, Eunmi whispered something to Jae-Hwa and he nodded, turning somber immediately. He walked towards me.

 

*Flashback*

 

"Hey guys, what's up?" Jessica asked, a gleam in her eyes. Jae-Hwa nodded his head somberly as Eunmi whispered something into his ear.

 

"Jess, we need to talk." Jae-Hwa said, taking her hand and leading her towards a more secluded place.

 

"Okay? Sure? Why are you acting weird? It's scaring me." Jessica laughed nervously. She followed as he dragged her towards a secluded place.

 

"Jessica, I'm breaking up with you." Jae-Hwa said bluntly.

 

"Wae?" She asked in barely a whisper.

 

"Because I like someone else." He said, his eyes drifting away from her face, not wanting to see his former girlfriend's heart breaking.

 

"It's Eunmi isn’t it?" She said. He looked up at her in surprise and then his expression turned guilty.

 

"Yeah." He said, turning to leave.

 

"Wait, one more thing." She said, grabbing his hand. He turned back around. She surprised him by kissing him lightly and then her hand met his cheek quickly, the advantage of being a hitter on a volleyball team.

 

"Have a nice life, bastard." She said harshly, quickly walking out of the door with her ridiculously high heels, holding onto the last piece of dignity she had left. When Eunmi passed her, all that Jessica had for her was a bitter smile trying to keep her self together.

 

She ran towards the locker rooms outside of the gymnasium where the volleyball practices were held. The locker rooms were empty; everybody else was already warming up. Her cousins entered, laughing about something silly until they saw her sitting on the floor. She was slumped next to her open locker with little paper confetti around her. Kendall looked into Jessica's locker and saw that the picture of Eunmi, Jae-Hwa, and Jessica was gone.

 

"Kelse, it's gone." She whispered to her older sister.

 

", he broke up with her." Kelsey said, infuriated with Jessica's ex-boyfriend.

 

"Shh, it's okay." Kendall knelt down to her younger cousin who she thought of as her own younger sister and tried to calm her down but it wasn't working. Jessica sobbed even harder as she hugged Kendall tightly.

 

"Steven, pick Jessica up. We're taking her home." Kelsey said, being the oldest in the group. He knelt down and picked her up carefully as she gripped onto his shirt and started to stain it with tears.

 

"Kendall, come with me. We'll have to cancel the clinic today and move it. Steven, Kendall and I'll meet you back at the car." Kelsey said as her younger sister closed Jessica's locker and got up to follow her.

 

"Arasso." Steven and Kendall both said at the same time. As the sisters were walking out of the gymnasium, they ran into Mi Sun.

 

"Hey guys what's up?" Mi Sun said but then saw the serious looks on their faces. ", I'm going to kill that bastard."

 

As they all walked back to their cars they ran into Jae-Hwa and Eunmi who were looking happy as ever. Mi Sun quickly ran up to Jae-Hwa and slapped him.

 

"That's for ruining my best friend's life. And you, I should've known. I tried to warn her but she wouldn't listen to me." Mi Sun added while glaring at Eunmi.

 

"Mi Sun, come on. They're waiting for us back at the car." Kelsey said, dragging the furious girl away from the couple. They finally arrived at the parking structure at their cars.

 

"Kendall, take her car and drive it to her house. Mi Sun, I'm sure you know where her house so we'll see you later. Steven and I'll drive back with her in our car." Kelsey said. Kendall and Mi Sun nodded and then got into the cars. Jessica was in the back seat, still crying. Kelsey climbed in next to her and hugged her. Then they left the school with Jessica staining her unni's shirt with salty, wet tears.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

"I went to the locker rooms to get ready for practice, and that's where I finally cracked. I couldn’t believe that my best friend cheated on me with my own boyfriend. My cousins found me there, crying on the locker room floors with a picture of Eunmi, Jae-Hwa, and me ripped to little pieces. They didn't know what to do with me so they finally just picked me up and brought me to my house. At home, I locked myself up for days, only letting Mi Sun, Kelsey, and Kendall in. They took care of me at my weakest moment, that's why I love them. Anyway, I finally let myself out of my room and my family confronted me. After a lot of convincing, I told them what happened. And that's the end of it." She said, turning to face me. I moved closer to her, seeing that she was crying. My arms quickly enveloped her, not wanting to see her hurt anymore. By then, we were both sitting under the waterfall, with Jessica crying her heart out in my arms. It felt perfect, being alone, having her warm body in my arms. It was almost as if we were a couple. She finally stopped crying, and pulled away, embarrassed from what she had just done.

 

"Mianhe, oppa. I usually don't start breaking out in tears in front of people. Why don't we go swimming for a while?" She said, getting up from my lap and pulling me towards the stairs. We went back into the cold pool and played around, chasing each other around and just enjoying the night. Then she suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me.

 

"Shh." Jessica said, putting her pointer finger to her lips. She pulled me to a place in the pool where there were no lights at all. After I calmed down, I looked in the direction where she was looking.

 

"What's happening?" I asked her, apparently a little loud because a man started talking.

 

"Who's there?" A man asked in English. A flashlight beam came towards our way and I pushed Jessica closer to the rock that we were hiding behind, covering her with my body and trying to shield her from the man.

 

"Shh." I told her, covering with my hand since she looked like she was about to start laughing out loud. We stayed like that for 5 minutes until the security guard walked away, out of hearing range.

 

"What are you laughing about?" I asked her as soon as she left. She was laughing so hard she had to clutch her stomach to control herself.

 

"You're so hilarious. And sorry about that, I forgot that the security patrols the property at night for anybody who tries to sneak on." She said, looking at me apologetically. I decided to use my awesome acting skills and make her feel bad for a little while.

 

"Yah! You should have told us earlier!" I said, getting angry with her.

 

"Mianhe, I didn't think about it at first." She said, her voice getting softer.

 

"Okay. I'm not mad at you, you know that right?" I asked her, pulling her chin up so I could see her face. Apparently, she had stored some water in there or whatever because she squirted it in my face and laughed and ran away.

 

"Yah!" I said and then started to chase her. I finally tricked her, hiding behind a rock and grabbing her by the waist. She squealed, surprised at first but then she started laughing. I took her over to the deep end of the pool and threw her in. Jessica decided to stay down there, waiting a little while and then swimming away underwater. Throwing away my pride, I dived into the water and swam after her, eventually leading me to a small alcove in the cave.

 

"Wow, this place is so cool." I said, getting up to sit next to her on the makeshift bench.

 

"Yep, I guess we should be getting back soon though." She said, sighing as if she didn't want to ever leave the water.

 

"Yeah." We left the pool and walked over to the elevator.

 

"Did you see Donghae oppa? He's so cute!" Jessica exclaimed.

 

"Haha, yeah. Oh look, we're already here." I said, pointing towards the door to my room.

 

"Haha, guess you're right." She said as she fished her room key out of her clothes.

 

"Goodnight, Jessica." I said as she opened the door to her room.

 

"Goodnight, Siwon oppa." She replied sweetly before disappearing into her room.

 

"Hyukkie, what do I do?" Hae asked Hyukkie. I had just finished taking a shower and Donghae and Eunhyuk were still up, sitting cross-legged and talking about something on Eunhyuk's bed.

 

"What do you mean, Hae? You like her don’t you?" Eunhyuk asked him.

 

"Yeah, but what if she doesn’t like me back?" Donghae asked Eunhyuk worriedly.

 

"Who wouldn't like you? You're the mighty fish from the East Sea!" Eunhyuk joked, making all of us laugh.

 

"Oh, Wonnie. When did you get here?" Donghae asked.

 

"Are you serious? I just got out of the shower minutes ago." I said, disbelievingly. He could be so oblivious sometimes and then other times nothing would escape his eagle eye.

 

"So Hae, what are you going to do?" Eunhyuk turned his attention back to his Donghae.

 

"I don’t know!" Donghae exclaimed, covering his face with his hands.

 

"Just confess to her!" I said, getting a little annoyed.

 

"But I don't want it to be so ordinary, I want it to be special so she won't turn me down." Donghae complained.

 

"I've got it," Eunhyuk piped up. "You know that song that you sang for ***&(*&&*(@#$ ? Sing that song."

 

"Yay! Thank you, Hyukkie!" Donghae said, throwing his arms around his best friend.

 

"Your welcome." Eunhyuk smiled at him.

 

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" Donghae asked him, pulling the puppy eyes card.

 

"Sure, why not?" Eunhyuk said as they both got off and started to pull the covers down.

 

"Chincha! I know you guys make up the famous Eunhae couple and that the fans love it but do you have to constantly do it? The girls might question you…" I added on, exasperated with the best friends already.

 

"Hey, you're just jealous that you have to share Han Geng hyung with Heechul hyung." Donghae said while sticking his tongue out at me. I stuck my tongue back out at them and then plopped on my bed where I immediately fell asleep, dreaming about Jessica.

 

Your P.O.V.

 

I smiled to myself as I closed the door behind me. Mi Sun was still sitting on the couch where I left her, watching You're Beautiful. She turned towards me and raised her eyebrows.

 

"So you were with Siwon oppa?" She asked me.

 

"Yeah, he was already down there when I got to the pool." I said, explaining as I put my towel in the dryer.

 

"So it is him." Mi Sun said while walking towards me with her hands on her hips.

 

"Unni, what are you talking about?" I asked her.

 

"Nevermind, go to sleep quickly. We'll probably have a long day tomorrow." She said while she walked towards the guest room.

 

"Arasso, night unni." I said. She simply waved before closing the door behind her. I took a quick shower and then changed into my PJ's. Kyle was still sleeping on the bed, hugging his Kunga tightly.

 

 

~*~*~*~The Next Morning~*~*~*~

 

I woke up at around 6, being the early bird that I am. I checked my phone to see if there were any messages and surprisingly, there was one from Eunhyuk oppa.

 

To: Jessica

From: Monkey Oppa

Can you bring Mi Sun down to the performance area at around 10-ish? And make sure she wears something nice too. Thx!!! ^_^

 

To: Monkey Oppa

From: Jessica

Sure. What's going on?

 

To: Jessica

From: Monkey Oppa

My Fishy is growing up! *sniffles* Hae is going to confess to her!

 

To: Monkey Oppa

From: Jessica

Awww! How cute! Don’t worry; I'll be sure to bring her down.

 

To: Jessica

From: Monkey Oppa

Thanks! See you later!

 

To: Monkey Oppa

From: Jessica

Bye!

 

I took my phone and went to change into some shorts and a t-shirt. When I was done changing, I walked out to the kitchen and started making coffee. After about 5 minutes, Mi Sun came walking out sleepily after being awoken by the aroma of the freshly brewed coffee. She poured herself a cup and came to join me on the couch. I was watching the news.

 

"Hey." Mi Sun said as she plopped down next to me. I laughed as she leaned her head on my shoulder, still having not woken up fully yet. After a half hour of just watching the news, I decided to get up and wake Kyle.

 

"Unni, you need to wear something nice for breakfast, arasso?" I asked her. She simply nodded her head blankly and then got up to go change. I walked into my room where Kyle was still sleeping soundly. I gently woke him up and then took him outside to eat a little snack. While he was eating, I decided to change. I wore a simple spaghetti strap dress with some black gladiators and then I pinned my hair up in a loose bun. Then I put on my Tahitian Pearl necklace that I got from Kendall as a present. After I was done, I changed Kyle and then we were ready to go. I checked my phone. 9:50. Perfect.

 

 

 

"Unni! Come on! We need to go!" I shouted excitedly. She came running out of her room with her purse and sunglasses in her hands. I laughed as she glared at me.

 

"You need to learn to have some patience." She said while walking towards Kyle and I. She took Kyle's left hand and I took his right and then we went downstairs.

 

Nobody's P.O.V.

 

Down on the grassy lawn, the 15 members of Super Junior were standing there, waiting for the two girls. They were all agitated and nervous but the one who was bothering everybody the most was no other than the King of the Sea, Donghae. He was wearing a white shirt and long pants with a hat. Eunhyuk was off talking to Zhou Mi about the next Super Junior M song but he was also dressed in an outfit that complimented Donghae's.

 

 

 

"Hyung, what if she doesn't accept it?" Donghae asked Leeteuk worriedly. Leeteuk turned towards him a little annoyed.

 

"Of course she'll accept it, Donghae." Leeteuk tried to tell Donghae as sweetly as he could. Donghae, not satisfied with his answer, kept asking Heechul questions until he was finally fed up.

 

"Yah! Lee Hyukjae! Calm your boyfriend down before I chop him up in little pieces and feed him to the fishes!" Heechul finally yelled. Eunhyuk quickly ran over to his distressed Fish.

 

"Okay, hyung. Come Hae, let's get away from the members for a little bit." Eunhyuk said as he gently led Donghae towards a tree.

 

"Hyukkie, what if she doesn't like it? I don't want to be rejected!" Donghae exclaimed, scared.

 

"Hae, calm down. Papa breath… Mama breath… Baby breath…" Eunhyuk instructed as Donghae closed his eyes and breathed deeply, just like his best friend was telling him to.

 

"Okay, now. Remember what I told you last night? You're the great fish of the East Sea! She would be crazy to turn you down." Eunhyuk supported Donghae.

 

"But what if I mess up?" Donghae asked again, starting to speed his breathing up again.

 

"Breath," Eunhyuk instructed and then continued, "I'll be dancing alongside you, remember? And don't worry, you have this song embedded in your brain, there's no way you would forget it."

 

"Arasso. I'm calmer now." Donghae said, comforted by Eunhyuk's words.

 

"Arasso, let's go back there." Eunhyuk said. The two best friends walked back together, laughing after finally having relaxed. Then Eunhyuk's phone started ringing. He talked briefly to Jessica and then hung up.

 

"Are they almost here?" Siwon asked. Eunhyuk nodded his head and then pulled Donghae into his place. The girls finally arrived with Kyle in between them. Mi Sun watched as Leeteuk looked at Jessica while she nodded. Then the music started. Mi Sun stood there like a statue and watched as Donghae started dancing onstage. Eunhyuk joined later but she couldn't keep her eyes off of Donghae. When he was done, he called her up to the stage, which made her blush even more. She walked up, as Eunhyuk went to stand by Jessica, both of them watching their best friends nervously. Donghae looked towards his best friend and Eunhyuk nodded.

 

(Donghae's Solo in Super Show 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0zyf_4d6y4&feature=related  )

 

"Mi Sun, I like you a lot, ever since I first saw you. You're so beautiful. Will you be my queen?" Donghae asked her while taking her hands into his.

 

Your P.O.V.

 

As soon as he said that, she looked towards me. Pabo, do you even need to think about it? I mouthed 'say yes' to her. She turned back towards Donghae and nodded her head, speechless from his sudden question. He immediately broke into a grin and picked her up with his arms around her waist, twirling her around from his sudden burst of happiness. Eunhyuk and I both chuckled at the new happy couple.

 

"Noona, is Sun Sun noona dating Donghae hyung now?" Kyle asked me as Siwon, who suddenly appeared, picked him up.

 

"Yep, she's not only your's and mine anymore." I laughed as we walked towards them.

 

"Hyukkie!!! I did it! I did it!" Donghae ran towards Eunhyuk and started hugging him. Eunhyuk laughed and then they both started jumping around in circles.

 

"Yah! You just confessed to my best friend and now you're cheating on her!" I scolded them jokingly.

 

"The Eunhae couple has to live on!" Eunhyuk said. Mi Sun and I both laughed at the best friends.

 

After all the congratulating of sorts, we went to go eat breakfast. This time, Donghae and Mi Sun sat together, being the new happy couple that they were. Eunhyuk sat next to Kyle who was sitting next to me, and Han Geng sat on my other side. We ate quickly, being even louder than ever. When breakfast was over, we walked back to the rooms to decide what we would do.

 

"So what are we doing today?" Donghae asked me, his arm around Mi Sun's waist, pulling her closer to him.

 

"Hmm, I don't know… Oh wait! Mi Sun and I were going to take you to this one place today!" I realized. I looked at Mi Sun mischievously and she suddenly realized what I was talking about.

 

"Oh yeah! We're doing that today?" She asked me.

 

"Yep…" I replied.

 

"Where are we going?" Han Geng asked.

 

"Oh, you'll find out…" Mi Sun said.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi guys! Sorry I put her break-up twice in the story... I just felt that it was necessary in this chapter. Anyway, I hoped you guys like it! So... yeah... I'm trying to update sooner but can i have your opinion??? Do you guys lyk long chapters and not as often updates, or do you like short chapters with more frequent updates. Just wondering because I feel bad that i haven't been updating as often as i want to be. But don't worry, I'm already working on the next chapter as we speak. Note: The picture doesn't really have to do with the chapter but I loveEunhae and thought it was so cute!!!

 

Love, Jess <3

 

P.S. Still wondering who you guys want her to end up with cuz i only got one reply so far!!!