Angel

She's Just Too Gentle

Six months later...

 

 

The months that followed were more like a dream than anything or maybe a sadistic nightmare.

Min was no longer with me, but off living life without me in a place where I couldn’t reach her.

The silent nights scared me. The empty bed was only a remnant of my sleepless nights that were the complete opposite of my restless nights now without her.

Sure, she was quiet most of the time, but she had a presence that screamed inside of me.

I tossed and the couch, not wanting to touch the bed that she laid in until she was back under the same covers. I stared at it with resentment.

I should have told her to come back to me, that I would be waiting for her. I should have told her that I truly loved her.

But she was gone now. Off someplace safe away from the horrid memories that resided across the street. I understood her reasoning, but I didn’t understand the incentive.

What was she to go to?

Where was she going to go?

Was I not motivation enough for her to stay?

Was I just not enough?

I wanted to see her and see she was alright. If I couldn’t at least hear from someone she was doing okay, I think I’m going to go crazy.

 

At school the buzz of her absence traveled around the school like wildfire. She was the subject of everyone’s conversation.

“I hope she’s alright.”

“I would have never guessed her father was like that.”

“She never said anything about her father’s abuse before.”

Funny how they all of a sudden take notice of her, when before words of her were spread of how ty she was. Or the rumors of who she supposedly slept with.

That feeling of pity was nothing but assimilation with the rest of them. It was like on the news when you saw the hungry in Africa and for a brief moment felt bad for those children with no housing and a second later go curl up in your warm bed after stuffing yourself with a wholesome meal.

None of them truly cared or understood the harsh reality she had to go through. I’m not one to say I know either, but I do know that in my heart my intention of caring for her were nothing but sincere.

I walked into class and took a seat beside the empty desk that Min once sat in, staring at it longingly, “Come back soon.”

Kai and Chanyeol slowly sat beside and behind me with weary facial expressions, “Have you heard anything new about her? Is she doing okay?”

The sound of genuine curiosity had me lose all hate for these two guys, “No, I haven’t. But thank you for helping her.”

“Look, we’re sorry for…Before.” Chanyeol spoke with his eyes pointed down at our feet.

“We hope both you and Min can forgive us.” Kai added as his eyes too were down casted in shame.

“I forgive you.”

I didn’t forgive their actions nor was I ever going too, but I forgive them as people. Remorse dripped heavily with their words of apologies and for that I am willing to pardon them with genuine forgiveness .

I walked home from school alone with no hurry to be anywhere. Nothing waited for me at home or anywhere else. I was once again alone.

I approached her desolate house as it was empty of all life and only stared at it for a moment as the bad flashbacks started to flash inside my head. My feet carried me away from that place as fast as possible to my own deserted home.

I flicked on the lights to the one room house and the immediate feeling of her consumed my senses.

Her scent filled the room like a cloud to the point I was choked up with my own emotions.

I searched the whole house but she wasn’t there.

Was this a hallucination?

Was this the cruel reality that I had to live with everyday?

Coming home to the delusion she was still here?

If it was then so be it, I was ready to fall under this kind of high because it made her closer to me. I was already far too intoxicated with her to reach sobriety. It was my punishment, for not being her guardian.

I headed to the kitchen and pulled out a soju that I had been saving for a day like this. I was ready to leave my state of mind when a note that was posted on the freezer caught my attention.

I’ll be back…Soon

~ Min

I grasped onto the note and shoved the alcohol in the trash.

It was no longer needed because my angel was coming back to me.

 An angel.

That’s exactly what she is to me.

She saved me unknowingly from a place without love. She was a fallen angel that needed mending and I was there to catch her. She carried a beauty both inside and out that was saint like. A silent angelic spirit that watched over me without her even being there was what she was. She was my savior and my protector.

We were like two halves of a whole.

The lion and the lamb.

The words to a story.

Day and night.

Heaven and hell.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Guardian. Angel.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

100 subbies for this short story!!!

OMG Thank you so much for the love...I just feel it seeping through my computer screen

This chapter was just angst hahaha

Saving the good stuff for later :P

I'm not done yet with this story....

SO UNTIL THEN...

Imma troll

 

O.O

Hot summer...A hot hot summer....

A DAMN HOT SUMMER OMGOMGOGMOMGMOMG

 

 

 

tumblr_m3u5z6wLmA1qm375oo2_250.png