The Plan

She's Just Too Gentle

The clock ticked slowly as I continued to stare at it, waiting for freedom. I tapped my fingers on the desk as it came to the final seconds, when the glorious buzzing noise of the bell rang. The whole class stood up in unison to leave. I left in a hurry only to be jerked back by Kai, “What do you think you’re doing? Stay with Min. See if you can take her home." He ruffled my hair and walked out of the room while the others followed suit.

They winked at me, gave me thumbs up, and patted my back, “Go and get’em tiger.”

I rolled my eyes and turned my head slightly to see Min packing her books. I walked up to her desk and awkwardly hovered over her short frame, "Urm, do you want to walk home together?"

My mind began to think of endless possibilities that could imply so much more than just a walk home.

‘Want me to take you home?’ No that could imply I wanted to take her to my house.

‘Can I take you home?’ Oh no, that sounds like I want to take her as some prize back to my place.

I looked down at her as she paused a bit in her packing to lift her head, "Sure.”

She stood up with her bag on her shoulder and we walked out together awkwardly. I had my hands in my pocket while hers fiddled with the ends of her skirt. Pulling it down perhaps? Well, it was too late for that.

“Where do you live?” She asked, breaking the tension. We came to the school doors that led outside as she went to open it. I stopped her, “Let me get it.”

She paused for a while I held the door open for her, "Thanks."

“Umm, just a few blocks in that direction.” I pointed to the right of the school as I looked down at her.

“Really? I do too." She beamed, smiling hesitantly.

We walked together in silence and the space between us was enough for someone to walk through. I inched closer to her as we walked so it wasn’t as obvious.I racked my brain for something to say.

“Are your parents home?”

I shouldn’t have asked that. That implies something else. Ugh, stupid.

“Umm, yeah my dad is usually home right now.” She gripped her backpack tighter as she took a small step away from me.

‘Stupid friends…with erted minds. Now you have me thinking like that too. Great. I can’t say anything without thinking about it in another way.’

It was back to silence. I really wasn’t good at talking with girls. I didn’t want to say anymore. I’d probably just say something stupid again.

We were about to cross the street when some bicyclist came down the road. Min continued to walk as she stared down at her phone without noticing the bikes. I grabbed her hand quickly to stop her from crossing the street.

“Watch where you’re going!” The man on the bike yelled as Min stood against my chest.

“Are you okay? You really should pay attention to where you're walking." I scolded drily still holding her hand.

“I’m fine.” She pulled her hand out of my grasp and walked off leaving me behind.

Her cold attitude towards me was understandable. My friends were all bastards that went around knocking up random girls like it was the norm. I didn’t, but was grouped with them because I hung out with them. I can’t talk to a girl let along lure her to my bed. I was that old fashioned. Holding hands, hugs, a kiss on the cheek maybe, then the other stuff. What was the rush?

I caught up with her thanks to my longer legs and kept pace, “I know exactly what you’re thinking.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yup, you think I’m like all the other guys in our class. You think I’m walking you home just so I can see where you live, see who’s at home, and know if there are parents around.”

“You catch on fast.” She rolled her eyes at me and walked off ahead again.

I caught her hand again and she stopped, jerking her hand out of my grasp, “Quit trying to hold my hand.”

“I’m just trying to stop you. It’s rude to walk off when someone is speaking to you.”

“Fine then! I stopped, continue with what you were saying.” She motioned for me to go on with my speech and I did, “Well, I’m not. I’m not like my friends.”

“So what you’re saying is …you’re different.” The tone of her voice told me she was being sarcastic, but I ignored it and nodded.

“Exactly.”

“Well, I do believe you have a different approach than most men, but I can’t say you’re different. All men are the same.” She had an edge to her voice as she stopped in front of a house and opened the gate.

“I’ll prove it to you…I’ll prove not all men are the same.”

The gate shut closed as I turned to walk towards my house. My plan slowly forming inside my head, I was going to protect her, but at the same time woo her. She was just too amazing for her own good.

I’d be her protector and her lover. That is if she’d just let me in and give me a chance.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello again!

Sorry for such a late update to this story.

It's kind of slower...

I'm still forming his character in my head and where I want to go.

tumblr_lxl5zom5le1qhmxnlo3_2501.jpg?w=63