chapter eight.

The Geek and The Jerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqobOyv2Ui4


Another day of school. Again, it was raining. Classes were boring. Nothing new. Well, except for the new girl in school.
"Did you see the new girl? I hear that she's now captain of the girls' volleyball team..." Sori said, during free time.
Hara nodded. "She's kind of pretty.." she said.
Sori flicked Hara's head. "Are you kidding me? She's like a beast! She's tall and when I was walking to school this morning, I saw her already. Boys were surrounding her, treating her like royalty," Sori said in disgust. "She's nothing but a snob."
"Like us?"
Sori glared at her friend.

"Have you seen Seyong oppa for the last few days? I need to tell him that I was sorry I wasn't able to be with him on his birthday..." you said.
Hara shook her head. "Last time I saw him, he was with the new girl...."
You frowned. You opened your mouth to say something, but then the teacher came in and slammed her books on her desk. "Jung Jieun," she said. She looked at you and motioned you to come forward. She handed you her chalk. "Pop quiz for you. Answer the question on the board.

You looked at the board. Your eyes widen when you saw the hard quadratic problem: s = πr√[r2 + h2]
You gulped. "T-that?" you asked the teacher.
She nodded. All eyes were on you. *How am I suppose to do this?! I haven't done this before! And that stupid Luhan didn't teach me!*
You slowly started writing on the board.

Luhan and his friends watched you as you wrote on the board. Kris turned to Luhan. "Hope you've tutored your pet well," he said. "I'm broke today so, if I win, I'll be getting my 5 bucks today. Remember that," he said and watched you.
s2 / π2 = ± r2(r2 + h2)
Lay, Kris, and Chen smirked as you tried to solve the problem. But the more you wrote down, the more their smirks faded away and into an shocked expression.

0 = ± ( r4 + r2h2 ) - s2 / π2

You put down the chalk and turned to the teacher. She nodded as she re-read what you had wrote. "Correct," she finally asked.
You looked at her. Everyone gaped. "Correct?" you asked.
The teacher nodded. "Yes. I'm glad to see that you've caught up to us. Thank you, you may go back to your seat."
You blinked and slowly walked back to your seat. "When did she get smart?" "How'd she figure that out?!" All sorts of comments were made as you sat back in your seat.
Hara and Sori grabbed your shoulder. "What happened up there?!" they asked. "When did you suddenly get smart?! Do you have a tutor or something?!"
"O-of course not... I was guessing. I never thought I'd get it correct," you said.


The bell soon rang for the end of school. You slowly walked out of the classroom with your hands in your school jacket pockets. Hara and Sori grabbed your arm. "See that?! That's the new girl! Chaemi..." they said and glared at her.
You looked up and saw a small girl with gym clothing on. Her hair was tied up in a pony tail. She was talking to Luhan. "Oppa! Baekhyun oppa says to come and visit him sometime!" she said cutely.
You looked at your two friends. "What are you talking about? She looks like nothing but a cute, small girl who happens to like sports," you said.

Luhan chuckled. "Okay, I'll come by and visit him sometime. But I heard that he's moved in with Chanyeol," he said.
Chaemi shook her head. "Not yet," she said. "He's still thinking about it. Hey, that Hyuna girl doesn't happen to go to school here, does she? I heard that she's a real !" she said. Luhan chuckled and shook his head. "Good! I'll see oppa later! I must get to practice!" she said and walked down the hall in your direction. Luhan walked out of the school.

Chaemi accidentally rammed her shoulder into you, making you fall back. She gasped and quickly bowed. "So sorry!" she said and offered her hand. But you ignored her and Hara and Sori helped you up. Chaemi pouted. "Are you okay? I should've looked where I was going... My name is Chaemi! Choi. Chaemi!" she said. "It's nice to meet the queenka of this school... Hopefully you won't be mean like the other queenkas? Sorry! Can't chat any longer! Must get to practice!" she beamed and ran down the hall way.

You turned to your two friends. "Beast? I told you so!" you said and went to your locker and pulled out your books.
"What happened to you lately? I haven't been mean to people lately..." Sori said, eyeing you.
You shrugged. "I just feel... Less stressed than I have been before..."
"And you've been acing all of the tests lately! You must have a tutor or something!" Hara said.
You rolled your eyes. "And... You have your books and notebook... Jung Jieun. You're hiding something," Sori said and crossed her arms, looking at you. Hara did the same.
"Am not. Since there's only a few weeks until graduation, I'll be taking these home early so I don't have to clean out my locker at the end of the school year," you said.
"But you're taking the textbooks. What happens if you need them in class?" Sori asked.
"Simple. I use one of you guys' books," you said with a bubbly smile. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get home." You left the school.


You opened the door to your house. "Stupid door," you mumbled as you glared at the door handle.
You looked up and saw Luhan sitting on the couch. Luhan looked up to meet you. "You're here. The sooner we start the tutoring, the sooner I can leave," he said and picked up his bag.
You pouted. "Do you really want to leave me that soon?" you joked.
Luhan raised an eyebrow. "You're not the type of person who jokes a lot. Don't joke around me," he said.
"Who says?" you replied.
"I say."
You pouted more. "Well, can we tutor in the park?" you asked.

Luhan looked at you. "In the park? Why?"
You nodded. "Well, it's a nice day. Plus... My room is always distracting me from my work," you said.
"Oh, you're room is distracting you from your work now? Right," he said. "Okay. To the park."
The both of you left the house and headed to the nearest park. "YAY!! To the park!" you said.
Luhan looked at you. *What is she? 5 years old?* He shook his head and the both of you continued to walk.


Hehehe~ CHAEMI. HERE SHE COMES!!!! ;DD
OTLOTLOTL I have new plots that keep coming to me! D8 But I must save it for next time!!!
I was thinking of doing a double update. But looking at the time I have right now, I don't think I'd have time to do another update. ><