chapter twenty two.

The Geek and The Jerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBpFsAafBBM


You walked off the bus in a new outfit. A white t-shirt that hung over your shorts with a bikini underneath. Your hair was tied up in a messy bun. You sat next to your brother and Luhan's mom. Your brother was buried under the sand. He frowned. "Jieun, I feel uncomfortable," he said.
You pouted. "Says the guy who always begged his sister to bury her brother under the sand all the time when they went to the beach when they were little. This is the only time when you don't have to beg me to bury you under the sand," you said and stuck your tongue at Xiumin.
Xiumin pouted, Luhan's mom chuckled. "You two are like real brothers and sisters should be," she said.
You pointed at Xiumin. "He's very mean! Not like the other brothers!" you said.
Xiumin stuck his tongue out. "That's because I'm your brother, I'm suppose to be mean," he said.

You glared at your brother, the both of you started to argue about Xiumin being a mean brother.
Luhan sat down beside his mother and popped a strawberry into his mouth. "Luhan, why don't you join your friends?" Luhan's mom asked.
Luhan glanced at his friends down at the beach, playing in the water. Jiyoung sat down beside Luhan. "Because. I don't swim," he responded.
You chortled. "The genius doesn't know how to swim?" you said.
Luhan glared at you. "I never said I don't know how to. I meant that I don't like to swim."
Lay came and sat in between you and Xiumin. "You're lying, gege," Lay said.
"Shut up," Luhan said. You all laughed. Luhan glared at you. "Why don't you go and swim then?"
You stopped laughing. Xiumin narrowed his eyes. "I don't think that's a good idea, Luhan..."
Jiyoung stood up and left the group.

But you suddenly stood up. You glanced at Luhan. "Fine, I will," you said and marched off to the blue ocean.
"WAIT! JIEUN!" Xiumin shouted, struggling to get out of the sand he was under. "LAY! GO AND STOP HER!"
Lay stood up and ran towards you, but you were already underwater. "SHE'S ALREADY IN THE WATER!"
"THEN GET HER OUT," Xiumin shouted back.
Lay jumped underwater. Everyone ran to shore. Lay looked around for you and eventually found your body floating, unconscious, with Jiyoung behind you. She looked up and saw Lay, and swam up to the surface. "Jiyoung!" Luhan shouted when he saw her.
Jiyoung ran to Luhan. "Jieun! She's drowning!" she said, pointing in the water. "Her leg was caught onto sea weed or something!"
Chen and Kris looked at her. "She doesn't sound convincing at all," Chen said to Kris. Kris glanced into the blue, clear waters.
"It sounds like she's trying to say that she tried to drown Jieun..." Kris whispered to Chen.

Luhan looked into the ocean and at least saw you, in Lay's arms. You were coughing once you had been lefted out of the waters. Luhan's parents ran over to you with a towel, Xiumin, Chen, Kris, and Tao helped you into the bus. Luhan stood where he was the entire time, watching you being carried to the bus, feeling guilty. Jiyoung sighed. "Thank god, she's okay," she said, but not good enough.
Luhan glanced at you. *You don't sound like you're pleased that she's fine, Jiyoung...* Without a word to Jiyoung, he went to the bus.

Luhan's mom pouted. Lay sat down beside you, while Chen, Kris, and Tao stood outside. "I'll get your brother to calm down," Luhan's dad said and left.
"Poor Jieun, what really happened out there?" Luhan's mother asked, pouring hot water into a mug. She gave you the mug.
You sipped the water. "I-I don't remember anything..." you said.
Luhan's mom bit her lip and glanced at Jiyoung who was standing on the beach. She didn't look like she was sad at all, more like, happy. Luhan came into the bus and glanced at you. Luhan's mom glared her son. "Now you come," she said.
"Yeah... Sorry..." he responded.
You sighed. Luhan's mom and Lay looked at you. "Why did Xiumin try to stop you any ways?" Lay asked.
You shrugged. "Long story..."


By evening, you were back at Luhan's house. On the way back, you noticed how no one was sitting next to Jiyoung, nor did Luhan.
You tugged Lay's sleeve. "Why is everyone ignoring Jiyoung?" you asked.
Lay glanced at Jiyoung who was standing alone on the sidewalk. "Why do you care?" he asked.
You pouted. "No reason," you said.
You looked around and noticed that Luhan was walking towards you. Before he could stop and say anything, you turned away and walked into the house, to your room. Luhan sighed and frowned, but ran after you. Just as you were about to close your door, Luhan slipped inside your room. You glared at him. "What do you want?" you asked as you went to your desk.

Luhan hesitated for a moment. "To, apologize..." he said. He cleared his voice, "To apologize about making you go into the waters..." He sighed. "I should've known..." Luhan mumbled.
You glanced at him. "Should've known what?"
He looked somewhere else. "That Jiyoung was up to no good," he said.
You rolled your eyes. "Now you figure that out?" you said jokingly.
Luhan scratched his head. "Sorry... I shouldn't have told you to go out there and swim..."
You sighed. "Well, it wasn't entirely Jiyoung's fault... I should've listened to Xiumin oppa..."
Luhan looked at you. "What do you mean?"
"Long story. Now go," you said.

Luhan paused. "I still have something to say," he said.
You looked at him. "What is it?"
"Thank you," he said. "For that cologne. Not... What I always use, but thank you."
You beamed. "Well you deserved it, for coming along with me, Hanburger," you said, cutely.
Luhan rolled his eyes. "How many times do I have to say, stop calling me that?" he said.
You giggled. "I like to call you that~" you said. You paused. "But, what are you going to do with Jiyoung then?" you asked.
Luhan looked at you. "I'm going to ignore her from now on." You looked at him. "I realized that she's not the person who I really like... It was just her sweet acts and looks that made me fall for her... She didn't reveal her true self to me... How can I fall for someone who doesn't let me know who they really are?" You stayed silent. "Jieun.. You okay?" he asked.
You slowly nodded, "Yeah..." You started to think about what would happen tomorrow if Luhan started to ignore her.


Crappy update. >< Probably because of the crappy morning I had. T^T Sorry couldn't update last night, I had an orchestra concert. And lucky for me, I have a 2 hour delay on school today, so I got to update for you guys. <3 I will update later once I get out of school, today! Now I'm off to school!