chapter three.

The Geek and The Jerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFbBEbMH2ps


You walked into your house and was greeted by maids and the butler. You walked into the dining room. "I'm home, daddy!" you said.
Your dad gave you a look. "Jieun, what did I say about you leaving during tutor times?" he said.
You paused. "Nothing," you pointed out.
"Well I'm saying it now. Tomorrow, you're not allowed to leave the house during tutoring hours. And Luhan will take your phone away from you to keep distractions from happening."
You pouted. "You've got to be kidding!"
But your dad shook his head. You sighed and walked to your room. You glared at Luhan who kept his face expressionless. *ARGH! Stupid tutoring!* You groaned and walked away.


It was raining the next morning. Teachers were boring as usual. Everyone tried their best to keep their eyes open. While you sat in the back, head on your math book, eyes closed.
"Jang Jieun!" the teacher shouted, that woke you up, including the students around you. You looked at the teacher with a glare. "What's the answer to the problem on the board?" she asked.
You shrugged like you couldn't care less. "I don't know. x=16?" you said.
The nerds in front of the room snickered. The teacher sighed. "No," she said and walked back to the front of the room. "Come on people! You should've learned this 3 years ago! Only 7 months until you seniors graduate! Do you guys want a good job or what?"
The back of the class groaned. *Not this lecture again...* You sighed and hid your face in your book again as the teacher went on about how your classmates is far behind from the nerds in the front.

Lunch came, everyone roamed around the school. You stayed in your seat, still asleep. Lay snickered. "She seems more stupid than I thought," Lay said.
Luhan chuckled. "Isn't she Xiumin hyung's sister? I thought he'd have a much smarter sister," Chen said.
Kris smacked Chen's head. "Watch what you're saying. What if Xiumin hyung finds out that we're talking about his sister?"
"He doesn't seem to care," Luhan said as he ate his rice. They all looked at him. "What? Her dad hired me to tutor her," he explained.
They all snickered. "When are you going back there?" Tao asked.
"Today. 3 days a week. 3 days of pain in the ," Luhan said with a sigh. They others laughed. Luhan glared at him. "Shut up. I'm only doing this to get money. I need it for my mom," he said.
The others tried their best to not laugh. "Right. Let's not laugh at an important situation like this," Lay said, starting to laugh again.
Luhan rolled his eyes and continued to eat his lunch.


You slammed the door of your house closed and skipped to your room. You jumped back when you realized that someone was in your room. You peeked inside your room and saw Luhan at your desk with a book or two opened. You groaned and walked inside. Luhan looked up. "Oh good, you're here. Give me your phone," he said.
You looked at him. "What?"
"Give me your phone," he said again.
"Why should I give you my phone?"
"Don't you remember what your dad told you?"
You glared at him. "Since when did you think I listen to my dad?" you replied. He sighed and stood up, taking your backpack. You looked at him. "YAH!"

Luhan took out your math book and a notebook and finally your phone. He threw your backpack to you and your phone. You threw your backpack on your bed. "YAH! What are you doing?!" you said and tried to take your phone back, but he kept dodging. He started pressing buttons. "YAH!" you shouted. "Give it back!" Luhan threw your phone at you. You tired turn your phone on, but it was locked. "Yah! What did you do?!"
"If you want your phone to unlock, then I suggest you start learning. Sit down so I can tutor you," he said and sat back down. You glared at him and sat down in a chair next to his. He threw a notebook in front of you. "There. x(x-32)=0. Solve it."

You blinked. "I don't know this."
"Of course you don't." He took the notebook. "First you set the equation equal to 0. Which is already done. Now factor the equation and set the next 2 equations equal to 0. It'll be, x=0 or x-32=0. You already have the first--" He looked at you. You've completely zoned out. You started doodling in your notebook. Luhan took your pencil. You glared at him. He pointed at the equation and shoved the notebook to you. "Since you're just drawing, I'm thinking that you already know this. Then do this equation: 10+x2=-7x."

You stubbornly took a different pencil and started to write in the notebook. *He wants me to figure it out, then I will.* Luhan watched you. His eyes widen every time he saw what you had wrote.

10+x2=-7x

  1. x2+7x+10=0
  2. (x+5)(x+2)
  3. x+5=0 or x+2=0
       -5 -5         -2 -2
  4. x=-5 or x=-2 {-5, -2}

You dropped your pencil and sat back in your seat as Luhan checked your work. His eyes widen. *She got it right...* "I got it right, didn't I?" you asked with a smirk. Luhan nodded. You held out your hand. He looked at you and blinked. "What are you? An idiot? I'm asking for my phone back," you snapped.
"Oh.." He took your phone and pressed a few buttons, soon giving your phone back. You proudly grinned and took your phone back. "How do you know this?" he suddenly asked.
You looked at him. "Huh?"
"How'd you know what the answer is if you haven't passed algebra?" he asked.
"Uhh... I don't."
"What do you mean?"

You pointed at his math book. "Your answers. Right there," you said. He looked at his math book and saw that the answer was on the page. He groaned and facepalmed. "So, tutoring's done, huh? Then I'm leaving," you said and left the room. Luhan shook his head and picked up his books and headed out to the living room.

"How's the tutoring?" Xiumin asked.
Luhan faced him. "You must really care about your sister," Luhan said.
Xiumin shrugged. "We just care about her education. Ever since our mom passed away, she's been flunking school... I'm just worried that she's been depressed all this time that she never wants to worry about her education anymore."
Luhan blinked. "A simple yes would've been better instead of a story," he joked.
Xiumin chuckled. "Oh, just go home kid," he said.
Luhan headed towards the door. "Okay okay. I'll see you tomorrow," he said and left.

"XIUPAO OPPA!" you shouted from upstairs.
Xiumin rolled his eyes. "What?!" he asked.
There was silence. "NEVER MIND!"
Xiumin chuckled and shook his head. *Aish, I can't believe I have her as a sister.*


I just did my homework. :3 And I just taught you 8th graders and 9th graders how to do that one equation thing. ouo LOLOL
I'm always happy to see everyone's comment, so don't be scared to comment, silent readers! ouo <3
And I'm glad that you guys also like this story. ^^b