04

You're Amazing

Secret Place

Ding, ding. Alarmed by the noise, I jolted awake. What time was it, I mindlessly though groaning. I'm so tired, incredibly tired. 12 PM. It's 12 PM. I threw my pillow to my ears. Ding, ding, ding, the noise just continued. Mentally tired, I rolled over and tried to keep my balance as I lifted my dead body up. Throwing myself downstairs, I opened the door.

"Baekhyun? Oh, Hey," I said. I gestured him to come in. I walked into the bathroom near the kitchen and brushed my teeth. Maybe, I should floss, too. Nah, I don't need to floss, it's only Baekhyun. 

"Do you want anything to eat?" I asked as I walked into the living room. He's sitting on the couch as if it's his. Well, it seems as if he's made himself right at home. 

"Uh, eggs and bacon?" He replied in return. I walked towards the kitchen and checked the refrigerator. "Baekhyun! I ran out of bacon," I walked back and handed him a bowl of cereal. He stared at him. "Look I don't have anymore, so you'll just settle for cereal, ok?" I murmered. He leaned over me and grabbed the remote control to my left. I sighed at he the t.v. to watch those silly cartoon morning shows. 

I'll admit... I've taken a liking to Legend of Korra. Skipping through channels, I saw it was on, but not on time to grab the control away from him. "Nonono, lemme watch Korra," I grunted. 

"You actually like those type of shows?" He said curiously; I pouted, "Y-yes, I do and I'm not afraid to admit it!" 

"Aha~ Min Hee, you're so cute," he pinched my nose, "Sure let's watch it." 

"Yah, you know that hurts right," I mumbled to myself. Immersed in the show, I never noticed that Baekhyun was watching me in amusement. His eyes were locked on me and laughed at my reactions. Not paying attention to him, once the show was over, I went scrolled down the channels. I felt a slight tap on my right shoulder.

"Aren't we supposed to study?" He asked. 

"Oh! I forgot. Sorry," Quickly turning off the TV, I went upside to grab my school supplies. Unknowingly, Baekhyun followed me. I opened the door, "Wow, your room is interesting." Quickly turning around, I bumped into his tall figure. This resulted in a collision to his chest to my head and boy, did it hurt. 

"Hey, you ok?" He then went on to prod my head repeatedly.

"I'm fine," I grumbled. I went on and looked for my school supplies. I looked around, Was my room this messy? Oh god no. I realized he was in my room. I turned and motioned him to the door. It seems that he didn't get the clue. 

"Sit there. The bed. I mean." Doing as he was told, I locked the door. I found my backpack: one expanded file, notebooks in each file, and a pencil case. I probably look ridiculous in these riku pajamas. Taking the chance, I changed into a white v-neck, jean capris, and a unique oversized hoodie. Baekhyun, why do you keep knocking on the store? I swear one day, I'm going to explode. 

"Yo," I opened the door only to expect Baekhyun leaning against the wall. Is it me or does he look better in regular clothing? Just a regular blue plaid shirt and jeans. No, no, I can not think like that. I do not like him like that, definitely not.

"You ok?" I whipped my head to the side only to see how close he was to me. Oh crap, no dammit, don't look at like that. Ok, perhaps, he didn't mind but I did. I quickly darted downstairs with my supplies and started to study. Judging by the thumping of his steps, I could tell he was coming. Confused, he went and sat down and just read his books he brought. 

"Hey, I'm bored, let's go do something," he finally said after 4 hours. 

"Like what?"  I questioned. Not looking up, I felt someone put their hands on my wrist. 

"Let's go have fun," He joking said. Sighing, I went along with his plans. It's not like I have anything better to do, might as well go have fun.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I walked behind him. 

"Secret," He smirked. Is it me or does he actually look- no, no, no. This is Baekhyun, my new friend and probably best friend. I can't think of him as my boyfriend. That's just plain weird. "Actually, can you close your eyes, I want this to be a surprise," I followed his directions. I didn't mind surprises, unless they were the scary type. I could fell his hands on my wrist. They feel secure. It's been about an hour. I can hear Baekhyun's feet stomp step by step at the same time they overpowered my feeble steps. I could smell something earthy as I walked. It wasn't the bad type of earthy; it felt very nature-like. Finally, he stopped. I think he walked close to me, I could sense it. 

"You can open your eyes now," He whispered. I opened my eyes, he was close to me again, specifically, next to me. Perplexed, I took a step back and almost missed my footing. Collecting myself, I looked up and saw the sky was already a mixture of dark blue and orange. I stared at the scenery in front of me. It's so beautiful, I can't describe it, but I really like it. I stared at the lake and garden. I've never seen this garden before, but then again, all I do is lounge in my house lifelessly and study. 

I can't explain how I feel, but I wonder why Baekhyun brought me here. I don't see the importance of going to a garden on a random Saturday. But I will admit, the garden is really pretty. Actually, cross that, I can't just label it as just "pretty," I think it's more than just pretty. It's surreal, that's the best way I can describe it. It's so surreal that it's unbelievable. I sat down and stared at the flowers, for once, I actually enjoy looking at them. "Isn't it pretty?" I looked to my right and saw Baekhyun. He bent down to my level. 

"Yes," they are very pretty. I don't want to say that now. I don't want to feel that I'm special in any way to him. I can't help but think. Thinking, when was the last time I had to think? Ah, I remember now. 

"Are you ok?" His hand waved in front of my face back and forth. I looked at him and he furrowed his eyebrows. 

"What? Yea, I'm fine," I answered halfheartedly. I looked at my watch, it was already 7PM. I gave Baekhyun a look; he seemed to understand as he stands up. I stand up too and follow him. I observed the garden as we walked out of the garden. "You can come back here anytime if you want," he said.

"Really? Isn't it far?" I asked confused. 

"Actually, we walked in circles. I just didn't want you to know where we were," he joked. Does he like me? I can't help but feel this is a scene that came straight out of a story book. Expecting him to just continue walking, he grabbed my hands. His, surprisingly large hands were on mines, now let me repeat, his hands were on my hands. Quick transition? I think so.