02

You're Amazing

Getting to Know Each Other

9 AM...10 AM...11 AM...12:30 PM..."Class is over. You may go to lunch."

It was finally lunch time. I loved lunch time because it was the only period in which I could study in peace without anyone bothering me. At lunchtime, I usually studied and ate in a abandoned classroom. There's nothing in there, no desk, materials, it's just a empty space. It's located behind the stairs near the back of the school. Not many students really hang out around here. It was peace and tranquil. I liked it. It wasn't bad being in solitude. It was much better than the loud commotions outside and in the classrooms. 

Taking out my lunch, I started to eat. Today's lunch consisted of pork, rice, some vegetables with a side of kimchi and a orange juice box. I was about to take a bite until someone opened the door. There he stood, Baekhyun and his stupid self. 

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked nervously. No one ever came here. No one at all. Many people knew I was here, however many of them try to avoid me. Why? This is what they think of me strange, different, and anti-social. They did occasionally asked my help on classwork, but that was the only time anyone would talk to me. 

"Uh, why are you here alone? Where are your friends?" He asked me. 

"Um, It's peaceful and I don't really like noise. Sorry," I said with annoyance. He walked in and occupied the space right of me. 

"Mind if I stay here?" He asked me. I wasn't sure if I should say yes or no. I thought Maybe, he could keep me company. 

"Sure." We didn't do much. He asked me if he could have some of my lunch. I thought it was funny since he didn't have any. Feeling guilty, I gave him some. I didn't really care because he wasn't very bothersome like the other boys in school. I found him to be very intriguing. I asked him how he found this place. He told me that a lot of the girls were interrogating him and he wanted to get away from it; therefore, he wandered aimlessly around school bored and found this classroom. 

"Is this what they call fate?" He said with a mouthful of food. My reaction? I froze. Regaining my posture, I commented, "That's kind of cheesy you know."

"Haha, is it?" Ignoring that, I went and grabbed my studying materials. 

"Min Hee, you sure like to study. What's your rank? I bet you're really high," Bombarding me with questions, I decided it was best to ignore them. Unable to concentrate, I took a book out to read. Placing it in front of me, so that I wouldn't be able to see him. 

"Min Hee, that's not good for your eyes," I pulled the book down only to see his face in front of me.

 "Boo!" He teasingly said. I fell back but caught myself in time to stay in the same position. I scanned his face. It was much, much better up close. I studied his features. He had a nice structured face and chocolate-brown eyes.

"I don't like you being so close to me," I said bluntly. 

"Oh sorry!" He apologized. The bell rang and we parted just like that. He probably won't talk to me anymore. I wouldn't blame him. I'm pretty awkward and strange person. "See you later!" He yelled. I turned back and waved.

I spent the rest of the day studying and not doing much. He would sometimes tap on my shoulder and pass me a note. Occasionally he would talk to me during breaks. I thought he was nice. 

For the next week, he came everyday and sat with me during lunch. It was enjoyable experience. He understood that I didn't like to be rushed nor be called stupid. I found out more about him too. I found out he really liked to sing, he was part of a small group in his old town. He said their name was EXO. I thought that EXO was a pretty funny name.

"Hey, It's not that funny~ I thought it was creative," He pouted. 

"I guess, it's creative," I laughed. Everyday, we got to know each other better. He would sing and I thought his voice was really soothing. I was surprised when he told me he wanted to be a singer. 

That is..

Until the day exam ranks came out.

1. Byun Baekhyun 398

2. Lee Min Hee 395

3. Kim Dan Bi 389

What...the...