01

You're Amazing

First Meeting

I sit in the seat right in front of the back seat near the window. The back seat was always unoccupied and thank god it is. I would have someone complaining about me and rambling on. To be quite honest, I'm not good with people. Perhaps it is because I am too blunt. I never really tried to get a boyfriend in school. All of these boys are either too dull or strange. I don't really like these people because it seems that their life revolves around love... I may contradict myself, but I don't know, I kind of wonder what it's like to actually fall in love. But the heart broken part? I'd rather not fall in love. Realizing that I didn't return the book, I got up from my seat and walked towards the front to the teacher. 

"I'm sorry, the book was not of my taste. Perhaps, you could recommend another book?" I said to her. 

"Sorry, Min Hee, but I don't there are any books of your taste I can recommend," She said to me.

"May I get a new reference/study book?" I asked politely. She looked at me as if I needed more, "Please! I'll do anything!"

"Go back to your seat and I'll tell you what to do later, ok?" She replied in that sweet teacher voice. I returned to my seat and prepared myself for class. A few more minute till class starts. I stared at the clock then shifting my view to the window. I looked at the scene outside, I saw a boy running in. I called him a idiot for coming to school late, but it came out as me giggling to myself. 3...2...1... Class starts. I heard a bang and jolted a little. I shifted my view to the front of the class and to the door. I saw the boy from this morning come in panting as if he had ran a marathon. 

"I'm here," He said panting between words. I looked at him. He was not gorgeous but he wasn't ugly. Either way, I found him intriguing. I wonder what's his name, his age, where's he from. Shoot, I thought, he's going to be in my class, he's probably going to be bombarded by questions, and probably be like one of those popular people. I returned to my studying world and decided not to listen to the teacher. It was safe. Anything outside of me being number one was not. 

"Min Hee!" I looked up nervously at the sound of my name, "Could you please show Baekhyun around the school?" She said grinning as if she was planning something. 

"Okay," I replied nonchalantly. I got up and put my materials in my bag and went up to Baekhyun. Our eyes met for a split second before I broke it off by saying "Follow me." I scanned him, he wasn't freakishly tall. But he was taller than most. His hair was neat and he seemed to be humming a song. 

"Do you have something you wanna tell me?" He looked at me curiously. I looked at him and there he was, looking straight at me. His eyes actually sparked a tinge of annoyance to me.

"No," I answered. Perhaps, this is what they called love at first sight. Love or my grades? I'd choose my grades. We walked down to the ground floor and roamed around, I showed him each class explaining each details. Walking up each floor, I repeated this method. I wonder if he was getting bored. I looked at him and he didn't seem to show any signs of annoyance. Perhaps, he is different from most boys. I smiled at this fact. 

"Omo!" He said. 

"What?" I said to him, by then my smile was gone.

"You actually smiled. I thought you were...ya'know like one of those depressing people. Aha! I was wrong!" He said while laughing to himself. I don't know why, but I found this sight to be absolutely intriguing. I could not find any other words to describe this moment

"I-I wasn't smiling!" I flushed. I looked at my watch and tried to finish the tour. I could hear him humming to the same song and chuckling at him everytime I looked at him. During the whole tour, the atmospehere between us was very much awkward. After that was all over, we returned to class together.

I soon realized that the seat behind me would now be occupied. 

 

I thought to myself, maybe this won't be a bad thing. I giggled and returned to my study mode.