03

You're Amazing

It's War 

1. Byun Baekhyun 398

2. Lee Min Hee 395

3. Kim Dan Bi 389

What...the...

I don't understand! How could I get second place? I groaned in depression. What has become of me? T-that Baekhyun! Now he is starting to piss me off. How did he get number one. He didn't seem to be the type that would be extraordinarily academic. This boy...when I get my hands on him, I'm going to interrogate the hell out of him. I sat in homeroom alone and on full study mode. I must not lose. I must not lose. I tried to keep the same mindset until someone tapped on my shoulder. 

"Good Morning, Min Hee!" Baekhyun said. We had gotten to the point in which we dropped the formalities. 

I scowled and gave him a death glare. 

"Whoah, hold your horses, what did I do?" He said to me. Spouting inaudible speech, I groaned in frustration and laid my head on my desk. This is going to be a very long day. Throughout class people have been asking me why I was second place. I could hear some of them snicker. Tsk, Imbeciles, at least I scored higher than you. All the students in our homeroom kept asking Baekhyun how he got first place. Ugh, I swear my head is going to explode any minute now.

"First place? I guess it's just pure luck!" He said while laughing. Pure luck my . He must be a genius. I spent the rest of the morning in class, trying to take in as much information my brain could. Finally it was lunchtime. 

For the first time, I'm dreading lunch time. It's not that I didn't want to eat, I just didn't want to see Baekhyun. 

And there he was, waiting for me in the abandoned classroom we always ate lunch together.

"Hey..." I muttered. I tried to not look him in the eye. We sat down for around 3 minutes... until he finally exploded.

"Min Hee, Why are you acting so strange? Did I do something? Tell me if I did? I don't like it when you don't tell me things! You know I hate secrets!" He finally let it all out. 

"It's not my fault you got first place!" I yelled back. He stood there unable to understand.

Until he smirked, "Aha, I get it now. You're just jelly I got first and you didn't!" I looked at him and tried to compose myself. I glared at him. 

"Ya'know Min Hee, I came here because I was considered as a elitist and I didn't really have many friends at my old school. Aha, my friend that goes to a different school told me that there was another school near the bridge with a genius girl. I thought that she'd probably be smarter than me," He said. It was a mixture of resentment and happy.

"So you're her, eh?" He said with a smile.

"Perhaps, why the sudden question?" I retorted back.

"Just wondering. Hey, can I say you're amazing?" I was astonished by this. 

And with that, he got up and said, "Min Hee, I'm glad I met you." 

"But I still can't forgive you for taking my place," I said pouting.

He chuckled and said, "Min Hee, you're really funny. Don't worry, you'll beat me," He said while poking me. He preceded to tell me that we should study together. 

"Fine," I let out a sigh. To be honest, I actually was happy someone beat me. It was a first and probably good experience for me. I should learn more from this rather than get angry and drown in depression. 

"Do you wanna come to my house and help me study?" I asked bluntly.

"Sure, do you have bacon?" He replied.

"Ugh, why do you always ask if I have bacon? Either way, I do. Just come tomorrow, it's a Saturday. Here's my address."