part VII: as told by jung hyunjae, the maknae

don't spray perfume (because it's all about body spray~)

 

let me tell you all something.
 
ahn daniel is probably my best friend in the whole world (you know, if you don't count my unnies).
 
(damn, do i know how to save myself or what?)
 
in our little group of ten rag tag misfits, niel and i are the only ones that have known each other since childhood.
 
so basically, we have been friends all throughout our school lives.
 
we met in kindergarden, and no it was not the "i share my crayons, he shares his scissors, we'll be friends forever!" friendship that little kids are expected to have.
 
it was the "he takes my crayons, i punch him, he pulls my hair, we start fighting like savages." type of start.
 
the first time i punched him in the stomach and he yanked on my hair in retaliation, i knew that our relationship would be special.
 
in that moment, i found myself a best friend.
 
(although i didnt know it at the time, since i was too busy crying in pain. that .)
 
i was sitting at a table quietly, fully concentrated on coloring the little pig perfectly.
 
it was hard, asking a little kid to color in the lines. it took complete and total concentration! (why it was so hard, i'll never know.)
 
and then the teacher (the lady that indirectly helped to shape my childhood) came over and asked if someone could sit with me.
 
being the courteous kid that i was, i gave my approval.
 
and then the teacher (i cant remember her name...maybe niel remembers.) dragged a tan little boy towards me.
 
although i forgot my kindergarden teacher's name, i remember thinking "he seems okay."
 
i would find out later that he got moved to my table because he was fighting too much with his old seatmates.
 
something about him being too sassy.
 
in retrospect, the reasoning as to why he was moved doesn’t surprise me.
 
but anyway. i was still coloring my pig, when he went and took the crayon out of my hand because he "needed to color the pig too!"
 
since the age of five, niel was already like that.
 
needless to say, i took it back.
 
and then he took it back, and demanded that i share with him.
 
my answer to that was to ball my little hand into a fist and to propel the said fist into his tummy.
 
he was going to cry, i swear. (he can deny it all he wants, but he so teared.)
 
but he didn't. instead, he started to pull on my hair and yelled at me.
 
the teacher was quick to separate and reprimand us both for "acting out".
 
the next day, i found an ahn daniel sitting in the chair next to mine.
 
he looked like the perfect little angel, smiling and sitting there serenely. he managed to convince the teacher that he should sit there because he “liked the seat” and “would learn well” there.
 
he even shared his crayons with me.
 
(and when you’re five, that is a big deal.)
 
that conniving .