part VI: in the mind of park hyorin, the leader

don't spray perfume (because it's all about body spray~)

 

 

“hi, my name is park hyorin, and i’m the leader of eternity (ahnyeonghaseyo, choneun leadah rincess park hyorin imnida!) and i am dating choi jonghyun from teen top.”
 
 
i would announce that to the world, if i could.
 
but i can’t.
 
so i’m a proud girlfriend. there’s nothing wrong with that.
 
except now i have responsibilities and i have virtually sold my soul to my entertainment company and the media.
 
but you know what? that’s okay, because three other girls also sold their souls and have to suffer alongside with me.
 
we’re living the dream.
 
(supposedly)
 
alright, now let me tell you something that will blow your minds. (blow your mind! <something in Korean, more Korean> mr. simple!)
 
you know me and my boyfriend? (of course you know me and my boyfriend!) we didn’t always get along.
 
mind ery, right?
 
well, yeah, i speak the truth.
 
“yah, choi jonghyun! respect your noona more!” i grumbled at him regularly, never completely satisfied with how he treated me.
 
it was my sophomore year, and his freshman year.
 
and we fought so much, it was ridiculous. he would do something i didn’t like, i would say something, and then we would end up bickering while our friends all rolled their eyes at us.
 
(i can say now that i didn’t like how he treated me then because it wasn’t how you would treat a girlfriend. and we weren’t even together. i guess i always knew what i wanted from him.)
 
even back then, i thought he was adorable. i mean, look at his face! and his arms! and his smile!
 
he was the maknae amongst the ten of us.
 
don’t i know how to pick them?
 
but luckily, i didn’t have a problem with dongsaengs! hehe.
 
anyway, since the moment we met until about six months into my second year of high school did aejung finally say something that forced me into a realization.
 
“you two fight like boyfriend-girlfriend.”
 
at the time, i instantly scoffed and was about to retort with, “i wouldn’t even want someone like him!”
 
but i stopped short.
 
i paused.
 
i hesitated.
 
i couldn’t even talk.
 
i even resisted the urge to flail awkwardly.
 
because it was then that i realized that i would want someone like him.
 
it was then that i realized i had long fallen for choi jonghyun.
 
my baby, my little boy.
 
--
 
aejung unnie. i found part six!