part I: as told by jung hyunjae, the maknae

don't spray perfume (because it's all about body spray~)

 

i looked at aejung unnie comfort this girl that was crying almost uncontrollably. i scooted back to give them a little more space, and to get away from all the salty water and mucus. on my right was the leadah rincess herself, who had a disgusted look on her face.
 
"maknae! her face is leaking everywhere!" whispered hyorin.
 
i'm not really the maknae, and yet i'm called that by my three closest friends. and i call them all unnie. it isn't a problem, but we do get strange looks from the other people in our grade sometimes.
 
anyway, there aejung is, finding out the problem like she always does.
 
"why are you crying~?" she tried to say this nicely, but she wasn't super close to this girl, and quite frankly, all that mucus was not very pretty.
 
saehyun unnie, who was watching the scene with a sympathetic look on her face, pouted and commented, "i don't think she should be leaking that much water."
 
"and mucus?" quipped hyorin.
 
hyorin unnie has always been able to make inappropriate comments at any time.
 
"unnie, i am pretty sure she can still hear." my voice was flat, although i almost laughed at how irritated aejung unnie's face looked at the moment.
 
hyorin unnie just shrugged and proceeded to then bite hannie unnie.
 
"i have succeeded in tasting your flesh!" hyorin cackled and while saehyun and i would have been creeped out, we were honestly just too used to her.
 
the three of us played for a bit and had a light, meaningless conversation. we didn't have to worry about that crying girl, so we were pretty happy still.
 
it was only homeroom after all. it is generally considered as our time to play.
 
it took aejung unnie around five minutes to calm the girl down enough and be able to leave her alone for a while.
 
the girl's name, by the way, was minhee. she was nice and pretty. ulzzang status. fashionable and smart. i don't know her very well personally, but aejung unnie told me that she has a sweet face and personality. who would make her cry is beyond me.
 
aejung unnie sent her away to the nurse's office.
 
"ugh, i never want to do that again." unnie plopped on a seat next to hannie unnie and had a disgusted look on her face.
 
"why was minhee crying so much, aej?" saehyun asked out of pure curiousity. i could tell too, because she looked genuinely curious.
 
aejung rolled her eyes and stated, "her boyfriend cheated on her."
 
there was an awkward silence that enveloped our small group.
 
"wasn't she dating bang minsoo oppa?" i couldn't help but ask, because if she was, then my image of him needs to be altered. immediately.
 
"yeah, she was. cap of teen top cheated on minhee." she said this in a hushed voice because, well, this involved an idol.
 
my mouth dropped in shock and i stared at aejung unnie who looked anything but happy.
 
she must have been piiiiiiiissseeed.
 
between the six members of teen top, aejung unnie was the closest to minsoo oppa. (if you disregard chunji, but he doesn’t count right now because they have hit an awkward stage in their relationship.)
 
if there are questions as to why a teen top member would be dating someone from here, it is because all the members of teen top have been enrolled here. granted, minsoo oppa, chanhee oppa, and byunghun oppa have graduated. niel is still here, in our grade actually, while lovely ricky and dancing boy changjo are a year below.
 
yes, our school is teen top crazed. for the most part. but i think that is acceptable since the whole band has touched this school with their idol hotness. we were supposedly their biggest fans.
 
"was she surprised?" hyorin asked, her voice incredulous.
 
"completely." was the answer that was given.
 
"wait. wait. hold up. they release a song about cheating and perfume and more cheating and perfume, and she's surprised that he cheated?" hyorin unnie's voice held disbelief.
 
saehyun unnie decided to put in her own commentary, as she said, "well, they were dating for a long time. i bet she didn't think he would ever cheat."
 
"total image change towards cap oppa now." i stated this quietly.
 
the hardcore fans of teen top at this school could go bat crazy at any moment, so it was best to be safe rather than sorry. they had a very protective branch of fans at this school.
 
" he didn't look like he would cheat on her. they were sweet together..." saehyun sighed. "poor minhee. did he give a reason?”
 
aejung shook her head in anger towards her best male friend. “he just told her, “we’re done. i cheated.” and walked out of her life.”
 
“….that’s cold.” i muttered, while saehyun had an offended look on her face.
 
hyorin scoffed and went "aish" and then proceeded to take out her phone.
 
"what are you doing, rin?" aejung propped her legs on a chair and looked pretty relaxed just sitting there, even if the irritation was still there.
 
"she's probably going to do what she has been doing every week since don't spray perfume has been released." i said this with a cheeky smile, while hyorin threatened to me.
 
that threat is so unsanitary, it is not even funny.
 
she motioned for all of us to be quiet while she went to call someone.
 
this was a normal happening, so the three of us just waited for her to finish. it didn't take long for the person on the other line to pick up.
 
"hello?" a very distinctly male voice answered her.
 
"yah, are you cheating on me?" rin unnie's voice was sharp, but did not have any actual bite. this was just something she did to reassure herself.
 
"no noona, i'm not." the voice on the other line was calm, soothing, and all too used to this.
 
he blamed their title song immensely.
 
for all the lost souls out there, our leadah rincess is dating the real maknae of teen top.
 
yes, dancing boy changjo.
 
choi jonghyun.
 
at her boyfriend's response, hyorin brightened and chirped an "okay.” it took her a few seconds before she asked in a quieter tone, “do you have time to call me later?"
 
"i'll make time to call you, noona~ bye~"
 
"bye baby~" she smiled contently. she had to do this every once in a while so that she would have an excuse to call him.
 
"you guys are still so cute~" saehyun unnie grinned and had her fangirl-for-couples face on.
 
"i know~" ...that was our leadah for you.
 
rin unnie looked at aejung and asked, almost innocently, "are you going to call chanhee oppa?"
 
aejung rolled her eyes and retorted, "he's not my boyfriend. i can't call him at random like you can call changjo."
 
if this wasn't known before, talks about teen top are always hush hush when we are conversing about them. wouldn't want the wrong person to overhear, after all.
 
"he's practically your boyfriend! close enough!" insisted rin.
 
rin waved her chunji/aejung flag proudly.
 
all of us did, actually.
 
aejung and chunji oppa were stuck in this i like you, i like you too but i won't confess because i'm stupid thing.
 
chunji oppa being the stupid one, of course.
 
but rin unnie wasn't far off when she said that chunji oppa was practically aejung's boyfriend. they were going to get there eventually.
 
hopefully, anyway.
 
they were both a little too crazy about each other for it to never work out.
 
saehyun unnie likes someone from teen top as well. emotional voice niel. whether it is from a fan’s perspective or her personal one, is not clear at this time. it can't be helped, since she finds him extremely cute. and charming. and talented. and i could probably go on for quite a while by using hannie unnie's words, but i won't.
 
because it would just take too long.
 
i think it is funny that our own little group has some type of affection for another member of teen top.
 
i personally think that byunghun oppa attractive.
 
not in the actual i-like-you-be-with-me attractive.
 
but he's attractive.
 
mianhe, but i am into a certain shining maknae at the moment, and i don’t think that has any chance of changing. >< 
 
but i guess it makes sense.
 
idols can't help but flock towards one another.
 
if there is any confusion, it is because no one paid attention to all the leader comments/hints i dropped.
 
what normal group of friends would have a leader?
 
we wouldn't under normal circumstances.
 
but.
 
us four.
 
we will be debuting as eternity under sm entertainment.
 
in two weeks.
 
in yo’ face.
 
last line is inappropriate. i apologize.