❖ Shadow

❀。The Bouquet Boy

 

 

"You're skipping football practise for this?"


Luhan stared at his best friend with wide eyes. It was Friday afternoon, and every Friday after school Exo would train from 4 to 8 p.m. It was a rough four hours of dirty, sweaty labour (not to mention Coach Kwon yelling commands out every five seconds), but Luhan found it oddly enjoyable. And up until now, he thought Nana did too.

"I told you, Dimples, I'll come back at 6. And besides, this way Bacon won't have to sit out on reserve any more if we play a full game," she said distractedly. Her head was poking around the crowd of students trying to get past, until she found the blonde locks she was searching for. "Found her," she said happily. "Gotta go, Lulu. Say hi to Coach for me!"

With a quick wave, Nana was sprinting towards the school gates. "Nana!" Luhan cried, exasperatedly. Ignoring him, she quickened her pace, until she was a few metres behind Taemin. She admired the way that he walked, swinging his hips (not on purpose), and walking with such grace that she thought he was flying.

As he advanced, less students were seen. Nana followed him slowly, always making sure to keep her distance. She had the stealth of a ninja duck, waddling about trying to go unnoticed. Yet, grace was not her forte, being a hardheaded football player. Nana made loud noises, whether it be her shoes scruffing against the concrete, or her knobbly knees making her bump into random poles. She mentally hit herself. How daft was Taemin to not notice her crashing along the sidewalk?

Soon, the school grounds emptied, and Taemin walked in a strange, yet awfully familiar direction. Her guts tied together in a large knot as she passed the same allyway that she did everyday to get to her apartment, where the same hobo sat next to the bins. As she passed the old lady, she bowed politely, trying to ignore the patches of dirt along her wrinkled face. 

The feeling in her stomach didn't stop. As Taemin sauntered near the shopping centre, he entered a convenient store for reasons unaware to Nana. She waited with as much patience that she could muster, silently wondering in her mind why he would be in her neighbourhood. Within a few minutes, he left, carrying in hands a plastic bag of an assorment of ice cream and eventually popping one in his mouth.

Content with his items, Taemin skipped back along the road, swinging his arms with glee. Nana began to follow him again, and when she was about to give up from the long journey, Taemin stopped.

Hiding behind a bush (and feeling like a spy), Nana watched as he walked through the gates leading to the run-down apartment that she lived in, and opening the door with a gentle push. She could not believe it. hung open, blinking as if this was a dream. It was too good to be trueit definitely was not. There was no way on Earth that Lee Taemin lived in the very same apartment as her.

 


forgive me for the short update guise! ;U;
it took a while too.
i'll update soonseu.
i hope. 
/shot
happy birthday to bacon! because i love him. i mentioned him in this chapter ;-;
author-nim lubs bacon