Chapter 3

Lost in Love

 

Sunggyu POV

 

What am was I thinking? Accepting Hoya’s feelings for me? I didn’t love him he was nothing but a good friend of mine. It seems cruel I know, but I didn’t want to hurt Hoya, he was a dear friend of mine and he understands that I don’t love him so I wont have to pretend. My thoughts spun around my head rapidly and my heart caught fire when I saw Woohyun coming my way with Hoya at his heels. My hurt stung of confusion and guilt, butterflies fluttered around in my stomach at the same time. Woohyun came up next to me and said “Its show time Sunggyu” implying we do some fan service but I clearly am not in the mood. At that exact moment the referee blew onto his ear-piercing whistle startling me and saving me just in time.

I escaped towards our waiting spot and sat in the grass, keeping my eyes on the ground at all times. I was unable to face either of them at the moment I just couldn’t It was Woohyun turn; he stood up and walked towards the obstacle. The referee asked him which girl he would like to cheer him on and he chose the girl from before, smiling with all his teeth. I sat there emotionally destroyed just watching from a distance “There he goes, doing what he does best” I looked next to me at Hoya. “He must have been a show girl in his past life, or a person that lacked attention”. Woohyun gave off all sorts of greasy aegyo before proceeding to the course “aigoo, aigoo the poor crazy bastard, look at him- aish! chonmal-” he clicked his tongue in disapproval. I couldn’t help but fall over and laugh uncontrollably he seemed so frustrated by Woohyun’s disturbing acts, he looked at me and smiled. I rolled around in the grass laughing out loud and tears streaming down my cheeks he laughed along with me and nudged me “what’s so funny?”. He leaned over to tickle me, the fans camera’s snapped at those exact moments. He fell down next to me bursting in laughter. I laid next to him huffing, trying to regain the air that once flowed through my lips, I looked over at the amusing being whose canines stood out of his ravishing grin, maybe this wouldn’t be so bad…

 

Hoya’s POV

 

After a series of courses and competitions we all headed back home enervated and famished. The members nagged at the manager to buy us some food so we swiftly made our way to a fast food restaurant. When we entered the fans where gawking at us in awe, Woohyun didn’t miss a beat “Sunggyu-hyung~”. He motioned Sunggyu to sit next to him in a vomitus manner earning squeals and giggles from the fans. I sat down and peeked at the fazed Sunggyu who hesitated to act. I gripped his forearm and let my hand drop down to his hands slowly, and led him towards the chair next to me. I smiled and pulled him closer resting my arm on his shoulders, closing in on the remaining space in-between us. I felt him tense over and hunch slightly, unable to fully mask his embarrassment and shock.

Even though I knew my actions where fueled by the nauseating Woohyun I just had to get past this friend-ship barrier we still had. Sungyeol came over with trays of food with a burger hanging from his mouth, the second the tray was set down the members ate like a pack of starved wolves.  After filling our stomachs we shuffled our way quickly back to our van trying to retreat as quickly as possible. After heading back to our dorms the members dispersed into their rooms instantly, so I too went off into my room. I sat in my room eyes fixed on the door, waiting for Sunggyu to come in a moment now. The door swung open as if in slow motion and the first thing I saw was Sunggyu who was clearly hurt and angry. My smile was swept from my face “Sunggyu-ah what’s wrong?” he kept his gaze down avoiding my question.

“She was prettier in real life!” is what I heard coming from the rowdy members that spoke loud enough for their remarks to be heard. A few seconds passed by, feeling like an eternity of silent awkwardness. “I’m going for a walk,” he said, face perplexed and stained with pain, I followed him down the stairs and out the door. “Odi-”*start of where in Korean* SLAM, Sunggyu slammed the door behind him and I swiftly jumped through almost having it rammed in my face. We walked through the compelling frost filled night, which nipped at the small amount of bare skin I had revealed. I continued to follow the poor soul and watched; I noted the fact that he had left without a jacket.

That idiot, is he trying to get sick? I flinched at his sudden action. He punched a near-by wall; one-two-three-four times, and let his hands go limp by his sides in pain. “WHY AM I SO WEAK!” he yelled in discontent, he probably hated the effect, the power Woohyun had over his emotions. I walked up behind him, in anguish, in despair, in discontent, turned him around and shook off my jacket to carefully put it on him. I gripped both of his hands and examined his cuts and the red spots that would later be replaced by a bruise. “Pabo, you’re not supposed to hit walls…” I mumbled not looking at him or showing emotion. He winced when I brushed my fingers over his cuts, looking up at him confidently  I said “…what do you feel right now?” he looked puzzled but then thought about, his face cringed with pain again “I’m destroyed Hoya..." "I feel…depressed, I feel fury. I feel…miserable..” he said slowly expressing each emotion, choking on his last word.  I grinned slightly “well then......this is for depressed-” I leaned over and kissed his cheek  softly “this is for fury” I moved down to his jaw and kissed it affectionately “and this is for miserable” I said, finishing by kissing the side of his mouth(not fully on his lips). I glanced up to find Sunggyu completely frozen over, blushing all shades of red that is known to humanity, his legs gave in and he crumpled to the ground. I didn’t let go of his hands and leaned down “anything else you feel?” I asked smugly. He shook his head “N-no” he stammered avoiding my gaze, still visibly red even in the dark. I couldn’t mask my smile he was too cute, I laughed a musical laugh and helped him up.  He stood up but was too embarrassed to pull his hands away; I held one of his hands and began to lead him to the dorm. “I’ll clean your cuts when we get home”; he just nodded quietly not remembering what initially made him come outside.  I might have to thank Woohyun for this one.

 

 

Sunggyu POV

 

My heart was racing and choking me, I was burning up and tried to breath slowly in order to calm the pace of my heart. Every time he spoke to me I felt a heat rush to my fingers and back to my head making me dizzy. What was this feeling? I’m just shocked- and embarrassed. Right? I let him lead me back to the dorm like a lost child. After we arrived the members rushed to us and Hoya finally let my hand go, I tried not to exhale so loud but I could finally breathe again. L came up to me and asked “Hyung- how are you feeling, are you feeling sick? Are you mad? My cheeks flushed and became hot. “How I’m feeling?” I fidgeted nervously and stole a glance at Hoya who smiled at this. “I’m f-fine!” I mentally slapped myself for stuttering.  I pushed past the members and entered my room quickly snatching the first-aid kit and cleaned my wounds myself. The last thing I wanted was for him to clean my cuts; I’d probably die of a heart attack before he finished bandaging my hand.

The door creaked open and the fiend himself walked in swiftly and inched his way towards me. I composed myself and swallowed all of my emotions became expression-less. I picked up a random book and pretended to read; Woohyun sat on the opposite bed eyes fixed on me. I waited patiently for him to speak, “Sunggyu, where did you go today? He asked. “Just- you know…around” I replied coolly not giving him a lot of information. He kept scanning my face intently “ around…with Hoya? Why not with all of us?” Woohyun only acted like an idiot I knew he was actually really sharp. I replied calmly “Wouldn’t you like to know-” he sat silently and responded with: “so last time you where around, you where also with Hoya?” I dropped my book at looked at him, “Woohyun what’s up? This is very unlike you to question me, I can do as I please you know”.

I thought that would end this uncomfortable conversation I really don’t know what he was trying to get at. He stood up and walked over to me, his gaze fell onto the jacket Hoya lent me, he reached out to touch it but I flinched and dodged his touch. “Ah-um its Hoya’s…I don’t want you to loose it” I said avoiding his stare, why was this atmosphere so heavy...My thoughts where interrupted with a heavy feeling on my chest and my body hitting what felt to be the bed. I looked up at Woohyun stunned; I felt his sharp eyes burning into me His eyes filled with…anger? He ped the jacket violently and tossed it to the floor. He remained over me staring into my soul when I managed to stutter “W-what do you think your doing?!” I tried to say it in an angry tone “What I like” he said menacingly sending all sorts of tingling feelings throughout my body.

I heard a cough from behind him and he smiled and stood up “Don’t try to test me again Sunggyu-ah. Araso?” He said happily, masking his mood with his bipolar change in personality. He slipped passed Hoya and left the room; Hoya looked at me and raised an eyebrow in question. “He’s insane” I covered, Hoya closed the door and nodded in an understanding way. He sat in the bed across mine scanning the room quietly, when his gaze fell upon the neglected piece of clothing that was tossed onto the floor. “Did I cure your feelings?” he said smiling, my face flushed back to its original state: RED. “W-what?!” “My jacket…you where feeling cold weren’t you?” he asked with a confused look on his face. I managed “AH, yes-yes um thanks” I was thinking about…the other way he- ACK! What’s wrong with me?! I scrambled to retrieve his jacket from the floor and gave it to him. He took it from me and brushed against my hand lightly, probably unintentionally but my current state of mind wasn’t a right one so I took it the wrong way and jerked my hand back. “I’m sleepy-lets go to sleep” I said randomly, I nodded to myself, I’m probably just tired that’s all…

 

sorry guys its a little rushed...but next week is reviews and then finals. so I wanted to write as much as possible before my mini hiatus.