A Diva's Dilemma

*.:。✿*Behind the Scenes'゚・✿.。.:*

“Hyung, look!” Taemin pointed at the couple entering the horror house.

“Who puts up a horror house inside a mall?” exclaimed Jessica in disbelief.

Key frowned and grunted, “They’re going in the horror house? Where it is dark and creepy—”

“And the best place to steal a kiss!” interrupted a grinning Jonghyun.

“Yah! Don’t make it worse for Kibum,” glared Jessica and playfully elbowed Jonghyun who’s standing beside her.

“Seriously, when will these crazy stalking ends?” complained Minho, obviously he has some plans for the day but was dragged in his friends’ crazy activity of the day.

“Don’t worry Minho, it ends when their date is over,” promised Key.

“Key, we’re not going in the horror house,” said Onew, “You will.”

“Are you serious?” asked Key and disbelief, rolling his eyes at his friends.

“I’m not a fan of horror houses,” explained Jessica.

“And I’m going to keep her company,” said Jonghyun as an excuse.

“Me, too,” chorused Taemin and Minho.

Without any excuse in mind, Onew raised his hand and said, “Add me in the group. Good luck Kibum.”

“Don’t you think you’re too many to keep Sica in company?” asked a blank-faced Key, glaring at his friends before marching towards the horror house.

Suppressing their giggles until Key was meters away from them, the rest of SHINee and Jessica finally let out a laugh.

“Poor Key, does he really have to go through this stalking method like they do in the movies?” smiled Jonghyun.

“That’s what he gets for being stubborn. I guess he just needs a push and little bit of jealousy to finally put him into action,” added Onew.

Taemin looked at his hyungs and noona, “What are we going to do now? Are we going to just stand here and wait for them?”

“Yes, and watch them.” grinned Jessica pointing at the big screen showing the individuals in each rooms inside the horror house.

“Let’s see how well you will do,” smiled Minho.

“Make us proud,” added Onew.

====================


“I am the Almighty Key but I can’t believe I’m doing this!” Key looked at himself on the screen of his phone, using it as a mirror.

He was dressed in an all white shirt and pants with a matching long, black wig he bought from a random guy posing as a ghost when he entered one of the rooms inside the horror house.

Hoping no one will recognize him, Key went out to search for Nicole and her date. Minutes later, he was very please when he found them in one of the rooms that were dimply lit by three candles near the fake window overlooking an icy river.

Posing as a ghost and concealing himself in the dark, Key silently walked closer towards the couple and without any second thoughts, grabbed the man by surprise and pushed him towards the door where two white ladies were waiting to grab him.

“Aaahhh!” Within seconds, a loud and spooked scream rang outside the door.

Yes, I got him! Doing a victory dance in his mind, Key silently walked towards a secret door leading to the next room, hoping Nicole would buy his stunt as part of the horror house.

“Kajima!” A cold sweat ran through Key’s forehead when Nicole’s voice echoed in the room.

Stopping on his tracks and turning slowly, Key was met by a confused and irritated Nicole with both hands on her hips, looking ready for a long rant.

“Can you please remove your wig?”

“W…what do you mean, ma’am?” Key asked faking a woman’s voice.

“Key, I know it’s you the moment you showed up in that ridiculous costume”

Key looked at his best friend in astonishment, “H…how did you know it was me?”

“No ordinary ghost would be wearing the necklace I gave you on your birthday,” explained Nicole.

“O…okay, that was…so observant of you, Nicole.”

 Their next minutes were spent in silence with Nicole glaring at Key obviously waiting for an explanation while he on the other hand spent his time trying to avoid Nicole’s dagger stares.

“Now, will you explain to me what happened a while ago?”

“W…what do you mean?”

“Why are you here dressed as ghost?”

“You see I had this thing were—” Key was hurriedly cut off by Nicole.

“Don’t you dare tell me that you got a part-time job here posing as a ghost, ‘cause I’m not buying that as an explanation!”

Damn! Can she read my thoughts? I was about to give that as an excuse.

“You want to know why?”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure?”

“100% sure”

“Really?”

Nicole took off one of her shoes and threw it at Key who’s lucky to be able to avoid it. “Just tell me everything!” she demanded.

Taking a deep breath, Key started to tell Nicole how he went to her house and saw her with that person until he followed them to the mall.

“Are you sure you’re alone?” asked a suspicious Nicole after hearing his story.

“Y…yeah,” Key stammered.

“Are you telling me the truth?” asked Nicole in a warning tone while slowly taking off the other pair of her shoe.

“I…I called the…you know”

Nicole raised an eyebrow, “Well, tell me. I don’t know.”

“You know…SHINee…Sica…” Key answered slowly.

“What?!”

“S-sorry? I…I was just curious,”

“Key, you threw my brother in the hands of the white ladies outside because of your curiosity?” asked an enraged Nicole.

“T…that was your brother?” Key was taken aback by his shocking discovery.

“That was her brother?!” chorused a group standing outside the horror house, watching every move of a certain couple in one of the rooms.

“Why, yes!” answered Nicole.

 “I’m…I’m sorry?”

“Key, I know you were sometimes crazy and do outrageous things but this time, I want an explanation. I’m not buying your curiosity excuse.”

“I…I was…you know…jealous,” he answered.

“You were what? …jealous?” exclaimed a shocked Nicole.

“Kind off,” answered Key, avoiding Nicole’s eyes.

“Key, look at me” she said, taking a step closer to him, “Tell me, why are you jealous? I want to know.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, Key.”

“Really really sure?”

Nicole glared at him, “Don’t start that again!”

“Here it goes,” Key started and took a deep breath, “I know this is crazy and I think I must be the dumbest person on earth to finally realize it after all these years. I hope it is not too late. I know this seems ridiculous to you but to me—”

“Key, you’re not usually like this. Just get to the point.”

Key was silent for a while. Finally finding his courage, he took a step closer to Nicole and looked in her eyes. “IthinkI’minlovewithyou,” he confessed, missing to pause for every word.

Nicole was confused at first by his fast words but upon letting it sink into her, her eyes started to get watery and a tear flowed down her cheek, “What did you just say?”

“I fell in love with my best friend. I am in love with you, for years. And I know it was dumb of me to realize it just recently.”

The moment was just perfect with a teary-eyed Nicole smiling genuinely and a sincere looking Key finally confessing his feelings. After all the years of being crowned as the nation’s most well-known best of friends, they’re now ready to step out of the friend zone.

“Aaahhh!” But the picture perfect moment was ruined by Key’s sudden scream. Looking down, the shocked and astonished Key found a pair of pale and cold hands gripping his foot. It's Sadako!

“Key, are you—” Before Nicole could finish her sentence; Key passed out in shock and fell on the floor.

Instead of screaming of help, Nicole chuckled and sat beside Key. “You never failed to surprise me.”

====================


“That’s it?” exclaimed Jessica in disbelief.

“Way to go Key! Hats off for fainting after a confession.” laughed Onew.

“Key hyung, I am so proud and disappointed in you.” added Taemin.

“Give the person a break; I think this is his first time confessing,” smiled Jonghyun.

Minho on the other hand looked a little confused. “He fainted because of the ghost not his confession, right?” he asked while still watching Key and Nicole on the screen.

“Now that we know the ending, can we go and eat now?” said Onew, looking at the line of food stalls nearby.

“I think your stomach needs to wait until we get Key out of that house,” said Jessica and pointed on the screen showing Nicole typing something on her phone.

Seconds later, their phones beeped, showing a text message from Nicole.



I know you’re out there. Come and help me with Key.

He's too heavy, we need to drag him out before Sadako brings him home.



______________________

 

Annyeong!!! It's me again. Sorry for being out in a looong time. I had had just gone through a major writer's block. For my reader's who were still out there, this one's dedicated to all of you! 

 

PS: I'm currently working on the next chapter so I'll be out in a day or two. Please look forward for it. V(^_^)V