Popcorns

*.:。✿*Behind the Scenes'゚・✿.。.:*

 

“Okay, I can do this. I am the Almighty Key”

 

Key tightened his grip on the bouquet of roses that took him hours to choose. He took a deep breath and chanted relaxing words. For hours, he’d been thinking over and over what happened a few days ago. He’d been thinking whether he should talk to Nicole or not about his feelings, the feelings that took him so long to realize. And those hours of thinking led him to Nicole’s house.

 

“Key, just press the doorbell already. Just talk to her like the usual” he tried to calm himself down.

 

Finally, after several deep breaths and hesitations, he took a step towards the doorbell. As he was about to press it, he heard voices and a series of footsteps coming closer. Out of alarm, he hurriedly hid himself behind a nearby bush and dropped the roses in the process. He was about to grab it when the voices became louder and clearer.

 

“I’m excited to get my hands on those pair of shoes!” It was Nicole’s bubbly voice. Key was about to show himself but his mood soured when he heard a guy’s baritone voice.

 

“Then, let’s hit the nearest mall”

 

Key’s eyes narrowed as he secretly observed the two. The guy even opened the passenger’s seat for Nicole. Key’s blood started to boil when the guy even helped Nicole with her seatbelts.

 

“Who’s that guy? What’s he doing with Nicole? Are they on a date or something?”

 

Key doesn’t know what to do. He was left restless on what he just saw; unanswered questions kept on popping out from his mind. Without any hesitations, he hurriedly went back to his car that was parked a few blocks away from Nicole’s place and took out his phone then texted the only people he knew that will surely respond to his request.

 

Thirty minutes later…………..

 

Ignoring the glares from his friends, Key happily grinned at Taemin who was uncomfortably standing beside him. The members of SHINee were all present especially Jonghyun who looked so grumpy. The Soshi’s weren’t able to make it since they were on a middle of something except for Jessica who was smiling sweetly beside Jonghyun.

 

“Key, do you know that this emergency of yours has cancelled a date?” complained Jonghyun.  

 

“I wasn’t able to finish my chicken for this?” grumbled Onew.

 

“Let’s just help the poor guy okay? Key needs our help” said Jessica who was busy fixing Taemin’s hair.

 

“Fine, let’s just go along with this. Besides, it’s only once in a blue moon that Key has acted like some jealous guy” agreed Minho.

 

“Yeah righ- wait! No!” Key immediately dismissed his friend’s comment. “I just want to make sure that Nicole is safe. I don’t trust that guy. He doesn’t even know what type of heels and color Nicole really wants. What if he tried to give her some food that has something she’s allergic to? I’m just worried okay? Let’s just get on with this.” explained Key defensively.

 

“Easy for you to say” complained Taemin who’s dressed like an average teenage girl. Thanks to Jessica’s make up and dressing skills, she successfully transformed him into a pretty girl. Jessica even forced him to wear a pair of killer heels.

 

“Don’t worry Taemin, you look gorgeous!” teased Jonghyun.

 

“Yah! Why do I have to be the one to dress up like a girl? How about Minho hyung or Jinki hyung?”

 

“I look weird in a girl’s clothes” said Minho

 

“Same here” agreed Onew while raising his hand.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll won’t post this on Naver if you’ll help willingly” said Key as he took a snapshot of Taemin with an evil grin.

 

“It’s so unfair! Why don’t I get to wear masks like you guys? I really hate being-“

 

Taemin was cut off when Nicole and her so-called-date passed before them with big shopping bags on each of their hands. The guy was good-looking and seemed to be someone close to Nicole.

 

“Well, he looks kind of nice to me” said Jessica.

 

“Looks can be deceiving. He doesn’t look nice to me” disagreed Key.

 

Jonghyun looked his friends and smirked. “I jealous can really cloud a person’s judgment”

 

“Aww… love is in the air!” Onew joined the teasing.

 

“Shut up! I said I’m not jealous. Look! There’re entering the cinema!” Key didn’t waste another time and dragged Taemin along with him while the rest of his friends trailed them. He and Taemin were supposed to act as a couple today. That was their plan.

 

“Hyung, can you please slow down? These heels are killing me!” complained Taemin.

 

“Duh! That’s why they’re called killer heels in the first place, Taemin.”

 

 

Thanks to Key’s nagging, they were all inside the cinema within five minutes. And lucky for Key, the seats behind Nicole and her ‘date’ were empty. Key and Taemin were seated directly behind Nicole while the others tried to spread out to avoid them from being spotted nor discovered by Nicole.

 

“Psshh.. what’s so funny about that scene?”

 

Key was making a lot of faces when Nicole rested her head on the guy’s shoulder and the two started laughing out loud during a funny scene.

 

“Yah hyung, you’re jealousy is starting to affect your wits. THAT scene is FUNNY” corrected Taemin.

 

“Just keep quiet if you don’t have any good thing to say Taemin. And correction, I’m not jealous. I just don’t trust THIS guy at all! ” whispered Key while pointing at the poor innocent guy.

 

Without thinking twice, Key grabbed Taemin’s popcorn and purposely poured it on Nicole’s companion. The guy glanced back at them looking irritated but due to his acting abilities, Key pretended to be busy watching the movie.

 

“Yah, why did you pour you’re popcorn on me?” complained the guy.

 

“Are you okay?” asked Nicole as she tried to brush away the popcorns on her date’s hair and clothes.

 

Wearing a wig and a scarf that covers half of his face, Key was confident about his disguise. And true enough, Nicole didn’t recognize him especially since its expectedly dark inside the theater.

 

Taemin was just keeping quiet while watching at the funny scene. Nicole and her date were busy dealing with the popcorns sent by Key. He’s sure that even though he can’t see Key’s face, the Lucifer was surely grinning ear to ear at his success for ruining a date.

 

“Aren’t you going to apologize?”

 

Nicole was glaring at them. Key just pretended he’s not listening and secretly nudged Taemin. The poor guy looked at him in panic but he just gave him a ‘do something’ look.

 

“I-I’m sorry. The movie was so funny that I forgot I was holding my popcorn” apologized Taemin, perfectly faking a girl’s voice

 

“It’s okay. Just watch it next time” said the guy.

 

 

______________

 

Again, the two were starting getting closer so Key hurriedly took out his phone and texted Jonghyun who was seated three seats away from them.

 

YAH, DO SOMETHING!

 

THEY’RE STARTING TO GET CLOSE AGAIN!!

 

After a few minutes, Key grinned when he saw a box of popcorns from Jonghyun’s seat flying towards Nicole’s date.

 

“That’s it! Eat those popcorns. Enjoy your popcorn shower”

 

The guy looked terribly pissed while desperately looking for the person who threw the popcorns but it was impossible since everyone inside the theater seemed to be busy watching the movie. Everyone didn’t look suspicious so like the first one, the guy just kept quiet.

 

THE POPCORN WAS SICA’S IDEA

 

AFTER THIS, I’M SURE THE GUY WILL HATE POPCORNS

 

Key was happy while reading Jonghyun’s message. After that incident, Nicole and her friend just kept still and concentrated watching the movie. When they were about to leave their theater, Minho purposely left his bag on the floor so the guy tripped and fell flat on his face.