Evening Delight

*.:。✿*Behind the Scenes'゚・✿.。.:*

Chapter Twenty-one: Evening Delight


"Ghezz! That old man was so witty" exclaimed Key as he took a seat beside Jongyhun and Nicole who were seated together in the living room watching something. His friends just smiled and gave him a nod.

They were the only ones left in the house. They figured out hours ago that the real reason the old man wants them to spend the night on his house was that he needs someone to watch over his house while he's gone for the night to visit his friend's house.

"Where are the others?" asked Nicole as she took a sip from her tea.

"Sunny and Jessica were in their rooms trying to put Erica to sleep" answered Key

"She just woke up two hours ago. Where's Onew, Taeyeon and Tiffany?" wondered Jongyhun.

Key smirked and pointed at the open door that leads outside. Under the blooming tree outside were Onew and Taeyeon who seemed to be enjoying a conversation based on their smiles. A few meters away from them was Tiffany seated on the front steps who seem to be watching the two with a bitter expression.

"I can see a triangle going on here" sang Nicole as she remembered Taeyeon having the same expression while watching Tiffany and Onew when they visited them days a go.

Key turned his head towards Jongyhun and asked, "Speaking of love and stuff, how about you and Sica?"

Key felt Jongyhun gasp then answered innocently, "What do you mean?"

Nicole and Key looked at him with teasing expressions. So before it goes on, Jongyhun excused himself for some fresh air. He was about to use the front door but changed his mind knowing he might interrupt the triangle so he used to back door instead that leads to the garden.
 

__________________*.:。✿* JongSica____________________


Jessica smiled at the sight of the blooming wisterias as she walked around each of them. Then she spotted three fireflies circling one of the trees. She watched them with awe as they stepped from one leaf to another then would chase each other around.

 Without her realizing it, as the fireflies flew from one tree to one, her feet moved on their own following them.
She only realized what was going on when the fireflies flew out of her sight. Until then ,she found herself staring at a small lake that captured the full moon's beautiful perfectly round reflection.

 She gasped in amazement as she moved her eyes around the beautiful scenery. The small lake was surrounded with blooming cherry blossoms and wisterias with their leaves being blown by the wind.

She was distracted that she failed to notice the figure standing a few meters away from her who has been watching her since she stepped out from the trees. The figure took a step towards her and asked,

"It's already late. What are you doing here wondering around?"

Jessica almost jumped in surprise and took a few steps back as the figure walked towards her. She only stopped when she recognized the figure to be Jonghyun.

"Yah! Don't scare me like that" she breathed putting a hand on her chest .

"Sorry" apologized Jongyhun and smiled.

The two walked together side by side in silence.

"So how have you been this past four years?" asked Jongyhun, breaking the silence and stopping on his tracks.

Jessica also stopped and turned towards Jonghyun, " I would be lying if I said I've been okay" Then she sat on a nearby rock.

Jongyhun filled with regrets that he wasn't able to be there for her walked towards her and enveloped his hands around her. "I'm so sorry,Jessica" he whispered. Jessica finally broke down and let out the tears she has been suppressing for years. It's only Jonghyun. It's only him where she can finally let her worries out and cry on his arms.

"It's alright, I'm here" soothed Jongyhun and tightened their embrace.

"I know" whispered Jessica and buried her face on his chest.

 

__________________*.:。✿* JongSica____________________


They waited for Jessica to calm down and for the redness of her face from all the crying to disappear so their friends especially Erica won't notice it before they decided to go back.

While they were quietly passing by the trees, Jessica spotted the fireflies she saw earlier jumping from one tree to another. To their surprise, their number multiplied a couple of times and they started circling the tree near them then they moved towards the spot they were standing and started going around them.

Fireflies play an important role in their relationship since the beginning. The two suddenly remembered the time Jongyhun asked Jessica to be her girlfriend.

"Yah! Why did you bring me here?" asked Jessica excitedly.

Jongyhun smiled at her then said, "Watch." He raised his hand and snapped his fingers.

After his signal, Onew, Minho and Key who were hiding behind the bushes opened the bag and released the dozens of fireflies who started flying around them.

Then, Taemin who was wearing a teddy bear mascot came out and started dancing randomly holding a poster up that says:
"Jessica Jung, will you be my girl?"

Jessica was covering from surprise and can't seem to hide the sparkle in her eyes. Jonghyun's smile grew even wider then he knelled in front of her.

 "Don't worry, I'm not going to propose" he joked which made Jessica chuckle. He stared at Jessica nervously and said the words that Jessica has been waiting for. " I've been searching for that one special girl who can make me smile even with the smallest gestures she makes. It was you all along. I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

 Jessica smiled and answered, "Then, do you know that I was waiting for you to say that because..I love you,too"

Jonghyun was in cloud nine after hearing what Jessica said. He got up and lifted Jessica then started spinning her around.


 

__________________*.:。✿* JongSica____________________

Thank you for reading!!..pls support my story..

Oh, by the way I'm doing a Khuntoria version of Behind the Scenes..wanna go and check it out?..^^