Finale

*.:。✿*Behind the Scenes'゚・✿.。.:*

 

            “Jessica, it’s nice to see you again.”

 

            Obviously clueless, Jessica gaped at the beautiful lady, trying her best to at least remember her name.

 

            “Uhhm…I’m sorry but, who are you?” she asked, “I must have forgotten your name?” she finished, trying not to sound rude.

 

            I wish I remember her; she seems to be a nice person. Was she a friend of mine Jonghyun forgot to mention?

 

            The lady smiled. “I’m Shin Se Kyung,” she introduced. The mention of her name gave her uneasiness for unknown reasons.

 

            “Ohm…it’s nice to see you again, Se Kyung,” Jessica smiled.

 

            “Same here, you haven’t changed a bit. The Jessica years ago still look like you.”

 

            “Thank you,” beamed Jessica, “I still want to chat with you but I need to go home, my daughter’s waiting for me,” she finished.

 

            The lady nodded and returned her smile, “Be careful on your way home.”

 

            “I will.”

           

Watching as Jessica walked away, a message appeared on Se Kyung’s phone screen.

 

            Unknown: Is she there yet?

            Se Kyung: Yes, she’s on her way to the parking lot.

            Unknown: Okay, they’re ready.

 

            With a smile, Se Kyung turned off her phone, dropped it in her studded Chanel bag and walked towards the parking area, walking graciously in her seven inch killer heels.

 

====================

 

            Help!

 

            Somebody help me!

 

            Jessica has been dying to shout for the last thirty minutes but can’t seem to because of fear. Half an hour ago, she’s trying to get in her car when two large men grabbed her and forced her inside a heavily tinted van.

 

            Shocked and terrified, Jessica sat unmoving between the two men who grabbed her. Much to her surprise, they didn’t tie her up nor were they wearing masks. Didn’t they know the value of not showing their faces when they’re doing something like this? Adding to her surprise, they didn’t harm her except when they accidentally bumped her head on the van’s door while dragging her inside.

 

            Don’t try to talk or scream. Those were the only words they told her before speeding the car. She’s a little relieved her kidnappers weren’t that violent. But she couldn’t just sit and relax. The questions she had added up to the throbbing headache she’s experiencing when her head hit the door. Who did this to her? Why would someone do such a thing like this? Did she do something wrong in the past her friend didn’t tell her?

 

            Then without a notice, pictures and scenes started going around her head like a fast forwarded movie. They kept coming. Dozens and hundreds of them, moving at the speed of lighting, giving her a head splitting headache much worse than any pain she had experienced. After more than half an hour of excruciating pain, it started to lessen, little by little. Synonymous to the pain, the flashbacks were slowing done until they stopped along with the pain.

 

            It took another few moments before it finally hit her. With impending tears, she looked at the men beside her with wonder instead of fear. I remember everything now! She wanted to shout.

 

            Like puzzle pieces finally put together, her memories came together, completing the timeline she spent her life making. Giving in to her emotions, tears started coming down her cheeks. Gladly, she recalls the turning points of her life. There was their stage debut, their first concert and the feeling of bliss after receiving their first award. And then there was everything about Jonghyun. The ups and downs, and everything and everyone that became a part of their roller coaster like relationship.

 

            I even remember the time I cried the first time seeing the picture of Jonghyun and Se Kyung together— wait!

 

            The name struck her like an arrow to a target. Shin Se Kyung, she meet her just a while ago. Automatically, she replayed Se Kyung’s warning words.

 

            Be careful on your way home!

 

            Could it be? Was it possible? Was she the one responsible for this? If yes, then why? She thought the issues between the two of them have been resolved years ago. Was she trying to use her vulnerable state to get back on her? What are they planning to do to her?

 

            “We’re here.”

 

            Struck by the familiar voice, her attention immediately went to the speaker. Wide eyed, Jessica gaped at Se Kyung’s slim figure seated on the driver’s seat. She must have been into her thoughts to notice her back then.

 

            “Why?” she asked, unable to hide the crack in her voice.

 

            “A friend of mine asked this favor,” Se Kyung gave her a smile she cannot understand whether deadly or sincere, “You can go now.”

 

            What? I don’t understand. She’s letting me go just like this? Getting off from the driver’s seat, Se Kyung opened the van’s passenger door and motioned her to come out.

 

            Confused, Jessica gingerly stepped out. Much to her surprise and adding to her confusion, Erica with the rest of SNSD were standing before her. Mirroring her expression, all of them started back and forth between Se Kyung and her.

 

            “W-what is going on here?” Sooyoung stammered, looking more confused than ever.

 

            “You tell me,” Jessica asked weakly.

 

            “Seriously, we have no idea,” Yuri answered, “Key told us that-”

 

            At the sound of Key’s name, her friends exchanged meaningful glances. “Kibum!” they chorused.

 

            “Good afternoon!”

 

            As if on cue, Key was walking towards them, grinning ear to ear while holding hands with Nicole. Over the past few days, after the crazy, fortunate and unfortunate event at the mall and the horror house, the couple had talked things over and things were looking good for them.

 

            “Annyeong!” greeted a bubbly Nicole.

 

            “Key, I’m sure there is something you’re not telling us,” Hyoyeon immediately asked, not minding to hide the threat in her voice.

 

            “What do you mean? Why are you glaring at me like—” Key’s eyes found Se Kyung’s figure near the van, “Oh!” He finally got the object of their confusion.

 

            “I told you to bring Jessica. What is Se Kyung doing in your place?” asked Taeyeon, stepping in, with a slight hint of bitterness at the mention of the woman’s name.

 

            Ignoring their irritation, Key simply smirked. “I was busy with things and I have to pick up Nicole so I just randomly selected someone from my contacts…and tad-a! Se Kyung picked her up for me,” he explained.

 

            “You could have told her to pick me up the natural way! I was so scared the whole time.” complained Jessica, finding relief at her friend’s explanation.

 

            “Normal is boring,” he explained. As expected from a diva, normal is considered boring.

 

            Finding her cue, Se Kyung stepped up and bid goodbye. “I think it’s time for me to leave. My job is done here. It’s nice seeing all of you.” After a series of awkward goodbyes, she turned towards the car.

 

            “Now that explains everything,” said Key, watching the disappearing figure of Se Kyung’s speeding car. “So where’s our guy?” he asked, turning to his noonas.

 

            “Here’s our guy!” Turning towards the driveway, a black van arrived with Minho seated in front grinning at them. “Here’s our guy!” he repeated as soon as he got out.

 

            With lighting’s speed, Onew too got out and opened the door revealing Jonghyun wearing the same expression Jessica had minutes before.

 

            “They dragged me while I was in the dance room,” Jonghyun immediately whined.

 

            “Don’t worry hyung, you’ll thank us for this,” beamed Taemin, getting off after him.

 

            “So everyone’s here?” said Key, more of a statement than a question. “Are we ready?”

 

            Sensing they were the only clueless pair among them, Jonghyun and Jessica eyed their friends. “Seriously, you need to tell us what’s going? You’re driving us nuts from your crazy antics!”

 

            Taeyeon, being the oldest, took the lead and started counting. “Hana. . .deul. . .set!”

 

            On three, they all shouted. “Congratulations, you are getting married!”

 

            Stunned, the couple gaped at their friends. “We are. . .”

 

            “Getting married!” Erica grinned, handing her mom a bouquet baby’s breath and pastel pink roses.

 

            “Right now?” asked Jonghyun, glancing at his sweatpants and sleeveless shirt, an obvious sign he’s been dragged from their practice room.

 

            “Are you serious?” Jessica added. Mimicking Jonghyun she was looking down at her long sundress.

 

            “Unnie, you don’t need to dress up,” Seohyun smiled. “All you need is this!” she added and rested a crown of flowers on her head.

 

            “And don’t forget about this!” blurted Taemin, handing Jonghyun a small velvet box. It seems like the maknaes played their roles well; Seohyun as a flower girl and Taemin as the ring bearer.  

 

            Putting aside his astonishment, Jonghyun silently thanked their ever supported friends and took the role he is more than willing to play, the role of being Jessica’s groom. Taking the box, he swiftly got on his knees.        

             

            After a long deep breath, he smiled. “I know that this line is one of the most overrated lines in the history of romance, but I know that it’s also one of the top ten most romantic lines in a woman’s list. So will you, Jessica Jung, marry me?”

 

            Unable to hide her happiness, Jessica smiled lovingly at him. “I already did, according to our marriage certificate,” she joked, remembering their marriage during when they ran away.

 

            “Y-You remember?” Jonghyun stared at her, a mixture of bliss and astonishment.

 

            “Of course,” she smirked, “I remember everything. How can I not remember something as important as that?”

 

            “Then, will you marry me . . . again?”

 

            “I, Jessica Jung, will gladly take the role of being Mrs. Jessica Kim!”

 

 

-- Fin –

 

And the story finally reached its conclusion! It took me almost two years to finish this story. Can you guys believe that? It took that looooong. . . ke ke ke As much as I hate it, I guess these two deserve to have their happy ending. They must already hate me for dumping all those problems and spinning those web of complications in their lives. And no the ending wasn't rushed. I just felt that it's about time. . . 

 

Thank you to all my readers,! (Eventhough I know you're about to pull out my hairs for the in between months updates especially these last chapters) . . . Mianhe 

 

Until next time!  JongSica, hwaiting!!! V(^_^)V