06.

Treat You Right

 

I press my lips together, trying to keep the big smile that is fighting it’s way to my lips as I continue to play with my fingers.  We haven’t even started the date yet and here I am, smiling and blushing for no reason.  “Where are we going?” I ask, looking up at Ji Yong who is focused on the road.

    “A restaurant that my friend owns,” he tells me, glancing at me for a second, and I nod my head, my eyes drifting back to my fingers.  Even though it’s quiet and neither of us is attempting to make a conversation, it’s not awkward or uncomfortable.  Suddenly, I feel something warm grab my hand as it starts to play with my fingers.  “Your hand is cold,” Ji Yong murmurs as he continues to rub my hand and I blush.  Oh man... I’m probably going to turn into a tomato soon.

    “No... your hand is just really hot,” I grin, nodding my head and he chuckles, squeezing my hand.

    We’re quiet after that―Ji Yong focusing on the road and me focusing on trying not to resemble a tomato.  “We’re here,” he tells me a few minutes later and I look out window, peering up at the restaurant.  Fancy.  The passenger side door suddenly opens with Ji Yong’s arm sticking inside his Bentley, waiting for me to hook my arm through his.  I smile slightly before I hook my arm through his and step out, smoothing out my dress when it rises up.  “I feel lucky,” Ji Yong mumbles after he closes the door.

    I look up at him.  “Why?”

    Glancing at me, he grins boyishly.  “Because I’m on a date with the most gorgeous girl ever.”

    Again with those butterflies.  I look away, blushing, while he leads me inside the elegant restaurant.  There are a few people inside eating, but that’s about it.

    A man in a suit comes up to us, grinning at Ji Yong before he looks at me, nodding his head.  “So you’re Soyeon,” the man comments and I raise my eyebrows.  Huh, so this must be Ji Yong’s friend.  “I’m Se7en, nice to meet you.” Se7en shakes my head, bowing and I bow back.  “I’ll show you guys to the VIP section reserved for just the two of you.”

    Ji Yong slips his fingers through mine as I follow him and Se7en towards the VIP section where we’ll be eating.  He leads us inside a fancy-looking room, letting us walk in first before he waves and leaves.  I look around, biting my bottom lip.  Ji Yong’s world is much fancier than mine.  “Here, sit,” Ji Yong tells me, pulling out my chair for me, swooning me with his gentlemen skills, of course, before I sit down.

    He sits down in front of me, smiling slightly as he looks at the menu.  I press my lips together, trying to keep my eyes on my menu and not on him, but I can’t help it.  I feel like there’s some sort of magnetic force between us, causing me to gaze at him like an idiot.  Mentally, I groan, puffing out my cheeks.  I hope the waiter comes soon.

    “It’s okay if you want to stare at me,” Ji Yong suddenly says, and my head shoots up.  “But that means I get to stare at you too,” he adds, grinning and I frown.

    “You already do that.” I point out, remembering how he was staring at me yesterday.

    “I know,” he chews on his bottom lip.  “But now I just have an excuse.

    The waiter comes in, a smile on his face as he takes our orders quickly before he slips out with our menus in his hand, leaving us in silence as Ji Yong begins to stare at me.  I groan, the feeling of the heat in my cheeks rising.  “Stop,” I mumble, looking down.

    It’s obvious that he’s enjoying this.  “You’re cute when you’re embarrassed,” Ji Yong teases and I groan again before I look up, my body temperature rising and all.  I don’t normally feel this way when someone stares at me... but when he stares at me so intensely, I end up feeling this way.

    “Hey,” I mumble, suddenly remembering something from when I first met Ji Yong by the river.  “Remember when you told me about how painful your break up was?” I add, catching his full attention.  “Well, I was wondering... what happened?” Ji Yong’s face hardens and I almost regret asking him the question.  I sigh, shaking my head.  “Never mind, that was stupid of me to ask―”

    “No, I’ll tell you,” Ji Yong nods his head, clearing his throat right when the waiter comes in with our food, Se7en right behind him with a huge grin plastered on his face.

    “Here’s your food,” the waiter announces, placing the plates of delicious smelling food in front of us.  “Enjoy.”

    Se7en bends down, whispering something in Ji Yong’s ear before he stands up, waving at us when he leaves.  Whatever Se7en said to Ji Yong must’ve been something good because Ji Yong ends up grinning happily.  “Mm, this looks good,” Ji Yong hums, and I nod my head, agreeing with him.

    I guess I’ll just wait until later to get my answer.


This story is so much fun to write :3

Hey, stop being cute ultimate bias list ruiner lol