05.

Treat You Right

“I think you should take some cooking lessons if you want me to be your girlfriend.” I grin, drinking my orange juice.  To be honest, it’s kind of embarrassing that both Ji Yong and I can’t cook (which is why we’re both at the diner by his home) even though we’re both adults and we live on our own.  I blame my mom though―she was too lazy to teach me how to cook so it’s all her fault.

   Ji Yong raises his eyebrows, smiling boyishly.  “So you do want me to be your boyfriend.”

   Cheeks flaming, I look away sheepishly.  I’ve been thinking about it for a while now and maybe I do want Ji Yong to make me his girlfriend like he said he would if he helped me with my heartbreak.  Well, I’m not heartbroken anymore, and he is treating me like how a guy should really treat a girl, so his plan is working out perfectly.  I shake my head.  “I never said that,” I mumble, eating the pieces of pancakes that I just cut.

   Ji Yong chuckles.  “I’ve been thinking,” Ji Yong starts and I look up after I finish eating all my pancakes.  “We should go on a date.  Tonight―you and me, dressed up and everything,” he adds, chewing on his bottom lip and I sigh, pondering over what he just said.  I have a feeling that Ji Yong won’t take no for an answer, and I kind of do want to experience going on a date with him as well.  “What do you say?”

   I nod my head, a smile suddenly appearing on my face as I jump up from my seat, a spark of giddiness running through my body as my smile spreads even wider.  “I have to go get ready then,” I smile at him before I quickly leave him alone at the diner.


“You’re going on a date?” my assistant asks and I nod my head while I keep my eyes on the many dresses on the clothing rack.  “Who’s the lucky guy?  Do I know him―wait!  Is it the cute guy from yesterday?” she squeals, holding on to my arm and I sigh, looking over at her as I nod my head and she screams, her arms locking around my waist.  “Ohmygod!  You’re finally dating!” she exclaims, jumping up and down as she still continues to hug me.

   I blush, shaking my head.  I guess she already forgot all about the other redhead then.  “I am and I need you to help me find a dress,” I whine, wiggling away from her and she nods her head, pushing me away from the dresses so that she can search for one all on her own.

   “Hm, this one will probably fit you,” the fashionista tells me as she pulls out a mini-black dress from the rack and hands it to me.  “Go try it on!” She pushes me into one of the empty dressing rooms, closing thedoor so that I can try on the dress that she chose.

   I turn my body my around, looking at myself in the full-length mirror as I examine the dress before I step out, looking out for my assistant.  “Hey, I like this one,” I tell her, smoothing out the wrinkles on the dress, and she looks over at me, taking a double-take before her jaw drops as she rushes over to me, still gaping.

   “You’re going to blow his mind with this dress,” she mumbles, still entranced by my dress and I chuckle, shrugging.  “No, I’m serious!  Do you see yourself?  You’re stunning!”


“Yah, Soyeon, why are you so nervous?” I ask myself as I pace back in forth in front of the door as I nervously wait for Ji Yong.  Butterflies are flying around in my stomach and my palms are starting to get sweaty just from thinking about the whole date.  “You’ve been on dates before; why are you nervous about this one?” I whisper, sounding kind of stupid for talking to myself.  But this is what Ji Yong does to me.

    I hear the doorbell ring, piercing through my thoughts as I take in a deep breath, suddenly feeling like a new girl in school.  Biting my bottom lip, I slowly walk over to the front door, unlocking it as slowly as I can until it opens fully, revealing Mr. Ji Yong himself.

    I don’t know why, but I start to smile.  “You look...” Ji Yong trails off, unable to finish his sentence and I grin.

    My assistant was right; I did blow him away.


The reason why these chapters are short is because I challenged myself to write a fic where every chapter is 1,000 words or less XD