01.

Treat You Right

This idea came to my head last night and I wrote it down on my iPod c:

Crap, I’m crying again.

    I lift my hand up to softly wipe away the tears that are falling down from my already puffy eyes.  I already told myself that I won’t cry, but it doesn’t seem to be working out so well for me.  I mean, he is the one who cheated on me without a thought of what I would feel when I would find out―which just so happened to be today.  I didn’t think that I was that boring of a girlfriend that Junho would have to cheat on me—and with my best friend too.  He just stooped so low, didn’t he?

     I sniffle as I sit down on an empty, but cold, bench.  Going to my apartment isn’t really where I want to be right now since I have memories of Junho everywhere.  Going there would just make me feel even worse, so heading over to the river seemed like the next best thing to do.

    Sitting back, I look out at the river―the city lights beside the river casting beautiful colors that are dancing along the water.  A gust of cold wind passes in my direction and I shiver, my hands rubbing my arms for warmth.  It’s getting cold, I think to myself as I feel someone sit down on the bench next to me.  I frown.  Out of all the benches next to the river, this person had to choose this one?  I sigh, pulling my legs up against my chest so that I can somehow gain more warmth from my jeans.  I could just go home... but I don’t want to see anything that belongs to Junho.  I should just call him and tell him to come and get his stuff so that I can live in my apartment peacefully.

    Something warm is draped around my shoulders and I stop my thinking to look up as the guy sitting next to me sits back after putting his jacket around me.  “You were cold,” he tells me before I can even ask him anything.  He turns around to look at me and I feel the butterflies attacking my stomach once his chocolate-brown eyes reach my eyes.  I take in a breath.  He’s... beautiful.  He looks mature, but he still has the little bits of a child in him.  “My mom always taught me that whenever a lady is cold, I should give her my jacket.”

     If my cheeks weren’t almost-frozen he would have seen me blush.  “T-thank you.”

    “What’s a pretty girl like you doing out here late at night?  You do know that there’re bad guys lurking around here,” he teases and I chuckle.

    Since I don’t have anyone to tell my problem to, I guess I’ll just tell it to Mystery Guy over here.  “Well... my boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend,” I confess, waiting for his reaction but I don’t see one.  I turn my body around so that I am facing him completely.  “You’re a guy―would you cheat on your girlfriend?”

    He shakes his head.  “If I were him, I wouldn’t have cheated on you.  I actually feel jealous that he got the chance to date a girl like you,” he smoothly says and I feel tingles all over my body.  What he said was...sweet beyond words.  It hit my heart like a home-run.  Junho probably would have said the same exact thing to me if he were in Mystery Guy’s shoes.  Now that I think about it, he and Mystery Guy are practically the same.  They both have red hair and they both know how to make a girl swoon with their words.  “How about I make you a deal?” My ears perk up at the sound of his voice, “If you give me a week, I’ll make you forget about your ex.  If I don’t make your pain go away in a week, I’ll leave you alone.”

    You don’t normally see this happening on a daily basis, do you?  It seems odd for a random person to go out of his way to help a heart-broken girl, doesn’t it?  But to me... it doesn’t really seem weird or anything like that.  It seems nice that he’s willing to try to soothe my broken-heart, but the thing is, I don’t think he’ll be able to.  Even though I’m sitting next to this beautiful man who makes me feel butterflies in my stomach, I still know that in my heart I love Junho.  Even after what he did to me, I still love the guy endlessly.

    “You can try,” I respond after a few moments of thinking.  “But if you do make me forget about him, what are you doing to do?”

    He smiles at me boyishly and I feel my breathing quicken.  “I’ll make you my girlfriend.”