18

What is love?

Sorry >.< I have been trying to post for days sob ;__; I just haven't had time dfhdhfkgfdjk ;__; I will be away for the weekend (Hiroshima) D;! 

I really really appreciate all the comments .__.; its just so hard updating when I have to share a computer with 20 other people >.<; and replying to comments is hard too D; sorry. ;(

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Minho finally asked after they had seen a doctor, Jinki had been silent and moody since they walked out of the doctor’s office. “Jinki-hyung, are you okay?” Minho was worrying, that maybe the doctor was mistaken, maybe something was up.

“I’m fine. Maybe this whole thing was a mistake, I should just go home.” Jinki mumbled, making Minho stare in shock at Jinki, wondering why he said something like that. They hadn’t even eaten yet, and as if to remind them of that Jinki’s stomach rumbled loudly, Minho held back a laugh, thinking it was adorable the way Jinki blushed looking embarrassed.

“But we haven’t eaten yet,” Minho reminded him, “I’m sorry if this date turned out weird, but I’m just happy to spend time with you.” Minho smiled down at Jinki, feeling so happy when he saw Jinki glance almost shyly up at him, he didn’t think he could be happier. Even when Jinki had hit him hard with the racquet, he hadn’t minded at all, it was as if Jinki’s clumsiness only made him like him more.

“And you need to eat,” Minho instinctively put his arm around Jinki’s waist, shifting closer to the older boy, “I booked us a table,” Minho grinned, guiding Jinki towards the train station, feeling relieved it was still early and they wouldn’t miss the booking. It wasn’t long before they were walking into the Japanese café, and Minho knew he had made the right choice when he saw Jinki’s eyes light up, he smiled so widely and happily.

They spent hours sitting there eating and chatting like old friends, Minho felt so relaxed and happy when they finally left. Jinki had loosened up completely, losing the shy edge he had had around Minho, well it was still there but Minho noticed he talked to him easier. Minho didn’t think he had even been happier than when he was sitting there with Jinki, watching the older boy talked animatedly. The way his eyes moistened when he talked about sad things, his lips curving down as he wiggled his hands to illustrate his point, and Minho could see how moved he was by the story he was telling.

It was so sweet and heartening to see Jinki’s personality in reality, as if he was seeing those sweet, lovely and caring letters come to life. It was so obvious that Jinki had not changed, but he had at the same time, but to Minho it was if his personality and sweetness was only enhanced and strengthened. He wasn’t sure how to explain it, but listening to Jinki talked filled him with such warmth and happiness, he wished that they could sit there forever.

They were forced to leave when the restaurant wanted to shut, Minho blushed as he glanced around and saw that they were the last customers. He felt guilty when he realised the staff were staring and they probably had been waiting for them to leave, but when he turned and saw Jinki’s happy glow, he no longer cared. After all they paid for the meal, they were paying customers damn it. The restaurant could go to hell, especially since Jinki looked so incredibly happy.

Instead of wandering the cold wintry streets, they went back to Minho’s apartment, Jinki looking surprised when he saw how close they lived. Minho left Jinki in the living room, nudging the shoe box at him, he went to make them something hot to drink in the kitchen.

“Minho, is this?” Jinki looked up from the box, looking surprised, “All the letters I sent?” He gulped, as Minho handed him the hot chocolate, Minho nodded his head. He sat down next to Jinki watching as he opened the box, wincing slightly as he saw them packed in there neatly, “Wow I wrote a lot, sorry about that.” He looked up looking slightly guilty, but Minho shook his head immediately.

“I treasure those letters, I adore them, hyung.” Minho spoke firmly, shifting closer to Jinki, “they were like a ray of hope for me, always cheering me up no matter what.” He nodded his head, “Oh and this,” he produced a Rubik’s cube, one with half a sticker torn off one of the segments, Jinki gasped as he saw it, reaching out for it.

“Oh god, how do you have this?” Jinki swallowed, “I thought I lost this in high school!” Jinki babbled sounding excited and so surprised, “It just disappeared!” He flapped his hands around even more than usual, and Minho had the urge to just pull Jinki into his arms and just hold him, hold him so tightly. “I never knew how or where I lost it, but you had it?”

“Yeah, sorry about that,” Minho blinked his eyes, wondering if he should Jinki he meant to return it to him, “I saw you drop it and I was going to return it to you.” He nodded his head before lowering his gaze, staring wistfully into his hot cocoa, he could feel Jinki’s gaze on him. Minho finally looked up, eyes smarting from the steam, “Yeah I approached you and Kibum-ssi one day to return it, and I heard him saying that you hated me as much as you hate tofu.” Minho could see Jinki frowning, his brow furrowing, he looked like he wanted to say something.

“I was so shocked, I dropped the cube on the floor, and didn’t try to return it.” He nodded his head, “I thought he was serious that you hated me.” Minho shrugged, “The funny thing is how that was around the time we started writing letters. Do you remember how I mentioned in one letter that I felt annoyed because someone hated me and I didn’t know why?”

“Th-that was me?” Jinki looked so surprised, but then he laughed softly, “isn’t it funny though, you thought I hated you, and then you mentioned it to me, the person who you thought hated you.” He grinned looking amused, “it’s kind of funny right, don’t you think it’s weird how we had all these weird run ins?”

“Yeah, that was you, and yeah we did have all these strange run ins. But because I thought you hated me, it made me really notice you.” Minho sighed, looking nostalgic, “you stood out so much after that, because I tried to work out why you hated me, and unintentionally I started to like you.” Minho nodded his head, “this Rubik’s cube became comforting to me, somehow. When I felt frustrated I would twist it, and somehow it would take away my pain and frustrations.”

“Minho,” He looked up to see Jinki holding the cube out to him, reaching across and grasping Minho’s hand lightly, before he pressed it into his palm. “You should keep it, it belongs to you.” Jinki nodded happily, “I bought another one anyways, and this became meaningful to you right?”

“Yeah, that’s true.” Minho grinned, “thank you, you know I was starting to despair things would never work out with you, that I should just give up, but its almost impossible for me to give up.” He swallowed and nodded his head, reaching for Jinki’s hand, he traced his index finger lightly across Jinki’s palm, tickling his skin before he just held his hand.

“I’m glad you didn’t,” Jinki swallowed, holding back a yawn, “Maybe I should go home now,” Jinki got up slowly, he didn’t really want to leave but it was getting late. He stared in shock when he saw the time, he couldn’t help but wonder how the evening had gone so fast. It felt like they had just left the restaurant but they had hours earlier.

“Okay, hyung, you could um stay the night?” Minho offered, sounding hopeful he didn’t want Jinki to go just yet, “I mean there is a spare room,” Minho suggested, “And we could talk some more?” He pouted slightly when Jinki shook his head getting up immediately. They walked to the front door and Jinki slipped his shoes before Minho opened the door, the icy blast of wind cutting right through them.

Jinki stared in disbelief, his eyes widening as he saw the thick snowflakes falling, it was utterly silent, but the snow was heavy and thick. Minho joined him, a warm presence next to him on the doorstep as they looked out beyond the corridor’s balcony to see the snow falling thickly.

“Hyung, I don’t think you should go,” Minho shivered, he could feel Jinki shaking beside him, “You don’t even have a jacket, it’s way too cold and bitter, and the snow is really thick.” He tried to persuade Jinki, smiling when the older boy snuggled against him, shifting closer to the warmth that was Minho. “I can walk you home, but I don’t want you to get sick.”

“I uh should stay, it’s too miserable.” Jinki agreed as the wind picked up again, “Brr, let’s go inside, it’s too cold to stand here any longer.” He shivered, feeling the icy wind cut through his clothes. He sighed in relief when Minho shut the door, the apartment felt so warm and cosy by contrast. Minho could feel Jinki nervously looking at him, so he decided not to put his arm around his shoulders.

“I’ll make us another hot drink, you go and sit in front of the heater,” Minho suggested, “You can ring Kibum if you want?”

“I’ll just text Kibum,” Jinki smiled, and Minho watched as he fished around in his pockets, eyes widening when he couldn’t find his phone. “Oh, damn it was in my bedroom charging, ah I forgot to grab it.” He frowned, “it’s too late to ring him though, he usually sleeps early.” Jinki frowned, “I guess it doesn’t matter anyways it’s not like he is my mother.” He shrugged, and Minho agreed, sometimes he felt jealous of how close those two friends were.

*

Kibum opened the door smiling as he stepped out into the icy hallway, Jonghyun right behind him. He was disappointed to see the corridor was empty, and with a sigh, he walked across and stood looking out, eyes widening as he saw the snowflakes falling gently down in front of him. He turned to say something, but Jonghyun was right behind him, so close that Kibum got a fright.

“Look,” Kibum whispered, “it’s so pretty,” he smiled as he dreamily stared out at the falling snow, not even minding when Jonghyun came to stand right next to him. “I’m starting to worry, I hope Jinki isn’t outside in this cold miserable weather.” He frowned wrapping his arms around his middle, “It’s so beautiful but too cold to stay out here.”

Kibum felt his heart pounding when he turned to walk back in, but he collided against Jonghyun, feet slipping on the icy floor so that he almost tripped. Only stopped by Jonghyun’s deep laugh and the way his arm slid around his waist, holding him up carefully, his eyes were full of mirth and something else that sent icicles don Kibum’s spine.

“Thanks,” Kibum mumbled, feeling his face heat slightly as he pulled away from his best friend, he could feel the way his heart pounded away, but he told himself it was because he was worried about Jinki, there was no other reason.

“No problem,” Jonghyun flashed Kibum big grin, “ it sure is cold,” he shivered slightly, stamping his feet as he wiped his shoes on the mat. The snowflakes were being blown in on the balcony, his shoes slightly damp and cold now. Kibum turned around, breathing softly as Jonghyun stood up on his tiptoes, and for a second Kibum thought he was about to kiss him, the way he leaned in so close, fingers grasping something on his cheek before Jonghyun pulled away again.

Kibum stared in surprise, blinking his eyes until Jonghyun had moved away safely, he felt so strange now. His voice felt thick and weird in his throat, as he pointed out the couch to Jonghyun, grabbing him a duvet and some blankets.

“If I get really cold,” Jonghyun’s eyes twinkled with amusement, “I can jump into your bed right?” He joked, laughing softly at the way Kibum’s eyes narrowed down into a slight glare, “Gee I was only joking,” Jonghyun pouted, “Fine if Jinki-hyung comes home, I’ll just snuggle in with him.”

“Jjong! No you will not, what would- would Minho think?” Kibum coughed slightly, “You can’t do that, you’ll be warm enough there.”

“What, are you jealous?” Jonghyun tilted his head to one side, looking so cocky, that Kibum felt so annoyed he just stomped of to his bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him.

*

Minho grinned as Jinki emerged from the bathroom, looking more comfortable than he had all evening, in a pair of Minho’s track pants and an old sweater. His clothes were a little too long and big on Jinki, but it just looked insanely adorable, Minho just smiled warmly up at Jinki. Somehow he liked seeing Jinki dressed like this, it wasn’t that he didn’t look good dressed up, but he just looked so much happier with himself, that it made Minho feel content.

“Ahh, that’s better.” Jinki smiled, his jeans and shirt tucked under one arm, “thanks Minho for the um clothes, honestly that shirt was driving me insane.” Jinki pouted, realising that he should not have said that, “I uh mean, in a good way, it was just so nice it drove me insane because I was uhhh worried I’d uh spill food on it or something.”

“Hyung,” Minho looked serious for a second, “you don’t need to lie, you were uncomfortable dressed like that right?” He asked keeping his expression neutral, but he grinned when he saw Jinki’s surprised expression, and the way he groaned when Jinki realised that Minho knew all along.

“Yeah, I kind of was, was it obvious the whole time?” Jinki looked like a kicked puppy, Minho only just managed to resist the urge to jump on him, to make him feel better. “Was it?” Jinki repeated as he walked over, and crept under a corner of the duvet that Minho had spread out in the living room.

“It was obvious, yes.” Minho grinned, patting the space next to him, he hoped Jinki would shift closer to him, “to be honest hyung, I like it when you dress casually,” he sighed in satisfaction when Jinki slipped closer to him, “like when we went to the movies that time, you looked so comfortable, I liked it because you seemed more confident and happy.” He nodded his head, deciding not to mention that Jinki could wear anything, even a potato sack and he would still look amazing to Minho.

“Oh,” Jinki pulled the duvet up higher, snuggling into the warmth of the feathers, “Ohh, okay.” Minho could see that Jinki was at a total loss of words, so he just put his arm around his shoulders, pulling him in close, letting him rest against his chest. It felt quite bizarre to Minho, that this was their first date, and Jinki was here, snuggling into his side, about to sleep under the same duvet for the night.

It was magic really, it made him feel insanely happy as he looked down at Jinki. He leaned down and just kissed Jinki softly across the lips, fingers sifting through the soft strands of his hair, he pulled away immediately not wanting Jinki to think he was trying to pressure him into more.

“I uh- guess we should sleep.” Jinki mumbled with flushed cheeks looking anywhere but Minho’s face, he promptly lay down, shifting away so there was a gap between them. Minho pouted as Jinki rolled onto his side, and disappeared completely under the duvet, “Good night Minho,” was the muffled reply he heard from under the duvet cover.

“Good night, Jinki-hyung,” Minho replied, lying down and staring at the lump next to him which was Jinki apparently.

*

Minho woke to a thump, he jerked up half asleep, rubbing his eyes and wondering what that sound was, when he finally was coherent enough to look, he saw Jinki hopping around on one foot, cursing softly. Minho stared, sitting up deciding that Jinki had obviously stubbed his toe, he opened his mouth to say something when Jinki put his foot down, no longer hopping around.

That was when Minho noticed, he gulped nervously, going silent as he saw the way the very loose, baggy track pants seemed to bulge out strangely. Minho felt dirty for thinking that way, so he tried to look away, but his eyes were drawn back to that place, he gulped when he looked up to see Jinki had noticed he was awake, he looked flushed and embarrassed.

“Oh uh hi,” Jinki mumbled, his hands fidgeting nervously around his hips, “I uh, bathroom.” Jinki replied sounding half asleep, before he limped towards the bathroom. Minho was left sitting there feeling slightly awkward, as his half awake brain reminded him that the other boy was hard, he gulped and shook his head, lying down and trying to push the image out of his head. He had never realised or rather expected Jinki to be that big, Minho swallowed feeling dirty for being excited by that thought.

 

^^;;;;