10.2

What is love?

 

Jinki was almost late to his tutorial, and because of this he did not see most of the students arriving. He rarely looked around the class, finding that he felt intimidated if he looked at every students face. So he gazed off into space as he talked and gave them exercises. It was pretty easy most of the time, he sat quietly waiting for them to finish discussing ideas and information, but it did give him time to think.

 

At the end of the tutorial, when the students were leaving, the door opened and Jinki smiled when he saw the familiar senior step in. He got up, feeling slightly nervous as she came over, he only had met her a few times but he knew she was friends with some of Changsun’s friends. He nodded and smiled, not seeing the other students waiting to talk to him.

 

“Jinki-ya, do you think I could borrow you later?” She asked, offering him a sweet smile, and Jinki felt his heart flutter slightly. He immediately nodded his head, “Oh thank you, Changsun-hyung said you could probably help me out. I’m having issues with my computer, I hate to ask you, so only if you have free time?”

 

“Eun hye-noona, it’s fine.” Jinki smiled nodding his head eagerly, she was such a sweet and lovely girl. Jinki sometimes wished he was straight because if he was, he would want to go out with someone like her. “I can help you right now, if you’re free?”

 

“Oh that would be awesome,” She nodded her head, “But I think some of the students want to ask you questions, so we can meet later,” she indicated with her hand, and Jinki turned, eyes widening as he saw Minho standing there blinking his eyes at him. Jinki practically gaped, he was blind if he hadn’t even noticed Minho in his tutorial.

 

“Ohh, Minho-ssi?” Jinki blinked, “Did you want something?” He asked, noticing that Minho actually looked uncomfortable, he wondered if it was Yoon Eun Hye’s presence that made him feel that way. He felt slightly jealous at that thought, but he could not blame him really. He found himself staring at the other male because he had not seen him for two weeks, so it was hard for him to tear his eyes away.  Jinki really wished that Eun Hye would leave, just so he could stare at Minho but then Jinki had a feeling that if she wasn’t there then Minho wouldn’t stay either.

 

“Um, not really, I just wanted to talk to you about something. But it can wait.” He pressed his hands into jeans pockets and then walked off, leaving Jinki alone with Yoon Eun Hye. He frowned slightly, as he watched Minho leave, breathing out softly as he turned to face Eun Hye again. Jinki found himself wanting to turn and keep watching Minho but Jinki didn’t want to keep staring so obviously. Jinki forced himself to look across at Eun Hye, her eyes seemed to shine as she smiled brightly across at him.

 

“Oh,” she winked, “You like him don’t you?”  Jinki’s jaw dropped open in surprise as she lightly punched him in the arm. Jinki felt as if his face was on fire and he quickly glanced to see if Minho was still close enough to hear but there was no sign of him. Jinki swallowed and tried to shake his head as he looked back at Eun Hye, and she just smiled across at him.

 

 “It’s okay, I won’t tell anyone.” She grinned, “I think it’s cute actually.” She nodded her head, and Jinki figured there was little point in denying it but he felt embarrassed to think he was so obvious.

 

“H-how did you know?”

 

“Just the way you stared at him, I don’t know I just felt it.” She shrugged, “I notice these things sometimes.” He cocked his head to one side, “Don’t worry,” she added touching his arm lightly when she saw how horrified and alarmed he looked, “I don’t think it’s obvious, I can just tell.” She nodded again.

 

“I hope not! Anyway I’ll come and help you with your problem now?” Jinki offered, smiling when Eun Hye nodded.  They left the room, chattering away quietly as they walked towards her office, Jinki just hoped he could help her fix the problem.

 

 

 

When Jinki was not seeing Minho, time seemed to move so slowly to him. As if he was suspended in time, the days were long and boring. He kept spending extra hours at the library working unpaid just to fill in the hours. He wanted to see Minho, he desperately wanted to go the café, but he felt it was best to just avoid him. Jinki figured the only way he would get over him, would be to avoid seeing him. The more he saw Minho, the more he wanted to see him, and it only made his heart hurt. But it also meant he didn’t see Kibum and Jonghyun much anymore.

 

Jinki meandered slowly down the road, feeling slightly depressed as he walked home. He breathed out softly, hoping that Kibum was home already, he had spent the day alone, so he really felt like he needed to talk to someone. Jinki’s phoned beeped, and as he started to look at it, he suddenly remembered that Kibum had invited Jonghyun over for dinner. Jinki breathed in softly, remembering that made him feel so much better.

 

He read the text message, Hyung, can you stop off at the store and get something to drink? Please, sorry to be a nuisance! See you soon! ;) Jinki read it, but didn’t bother to reply, instead he turned around and headed back to the store. Jinki stood in front of the cool fridge just staring in as he decided what he wanted to drink. Unaware that while he stood in the shop, Minho was walking down the street, almost in the exact same place that Jinki had walked.

 

By the time he left the shop, bags in his hands, he had just missed Minho literally by minutes. Jinki’s good mood was still in place, because he was blissfully unaware of Minho’s presence. He had no idea that they lived so close by, and that they often passed each other on the street, only not seeing each other because of all the other people in the area.

 

Jinki hummed softly to himself as he entered the flat, feeling happier and more excited than he had for days. He grinned when Kibum hugged him lightly, it was obvious he missed seeing him more too. They had been working and living together for so long, they both found it hard. Jinki knew they had a weird relationship, a lot of people assumed that they were dating because they were so close, but there was no physical attraction between them, they had just gone through a lot together.

 

“Hyung!” Kibum smirked, “I hear you’re coming back to work in the café soon,” he sounded so happy and excited that Jinki found he felt even more energetic and happy than he had earlier. “I’m so glad, it’s been so ing boring without you!” He pouted, nodding his head.

 

“Yeah, I am.” Jinki grinned, poking Kibum in the shoulder, “Oh so you missed me did you?” He teased the other boy, laughing as he started to tickle his friend. Kibum giggled and just nodded his head, trying to escape from Jinki’s tickling hands. He managed to dart away, his eyes widening as he remembered something.

 

“Ohhh, hyung,” Kibum panted softly, “do you want to go to the movies with me and a few other people?” He smiled, “Sorry I was asked a few days ago but I forgot to mention it. On Saturday, to see that new movie we were talking about?” He asked sounding hopeful, Jinki didn’t think anything of it but he immediately agreed to go.

 

“Okay good, I was hoping you’d say yes! Do you want to help me,” Kibum batted his eyelashes at Jinki, making the older boy laugh softly, “Please? I don’t want things to be a pigsty when Jjong gets here! So it’ll be faster if you help me?”

 

“Hee, you don’t think I’ll make more of a mess?” Jinki grinned, “Or destroy something?” He joked, feeling relieved when Kibum immediately shook his head. He felt much better knowing that Kibum did not associate him with just dropping or breaking things or creating a mess.

 

^^;;;;;