Yong Junhyung.

My Joker

◘ My Joker


Junhyung


That night, as usual, I was in the studio on the 3rd floor composing. I was out of ideas, no matter how much inspiration I tried to get, my heart wouldn't give in, and I would just cut the sheets of paper , toss them, and throw them in the garbage can. I knew composing was difficult, but it was more difficult for me than for other people, which made me feel pathetic, because I enjoyed doing it.
My efforts seemed vain , so I decided to go for a walk in the cube building, all the trainees were supposed to be sleeping, so no burden... It was a great feeling I should say.
 
As I was walking down the stairs to the 1st floor, I could hear music coming from the practice rooms.. 'Weird, everyone is supposed to be in the dorms at this hour..' I said to myself.
 
Curiously, I went tiptoeing to the dance practice room, I could see that there was one specific room where the lights weren't off. Trying to stay quiet, I slowly moved to the door, and gently opened it. I couldn't see anything at first. I was really curious to know who was the person who dared to go beyond the laws made by president Hong, one thing was for sure, if ever they caught that person, she would be severely punished . I continued opening the door to see more clearly what was happening in there. A skinny figure appeared in my view field, she had long brown hair , all over her body, it looked messy yet beautiful, I couldn't see her face. She stood still for a few seconds, then , as soon as the music started, her body began moving as if the music penetrated her soul, I had seen so many people dancing, but it was the first time I've seen someone dance like her, she wasn't dancing with her body, but with her feelings, it was beautiful. I stayed there, clinging uncomfortably on the door watching her as she was practicing.


 

  

 
I didn't realize time passing by, until her phone snapped me out of my distraction. As she answered her phone, she turned. Now she was facing the door, I could see clearly who she was.
 
“Mmm Joonie~ I will come in a while!”
She said.
 
I kept staring at her from behind the door, she looked really pretty with her hair down, I was trying to steal glances without getting caught , she was talking on the phone but I couldn't hear the conversation. When all of a sudden, she stopped, and turned towards my direction, to find the door open, I realized she noticed someone was there, so I backed off quickly, and hid behind a wall in the practice hall before she came out.
 
“What in the world are you doing Yong Junhyung?” I whispered to myself, after a long sigh, I was relieved she didn't catch me spying on her, she would probably think I'm a stalker or a ert, which my joker-self wouldn't accept.
 
As the week went by, each time I went out from the studio, I would go check-up on her and watch her practicing, I would enjoy sitting behind the door and stare at her as she was flying in the air doing her flawless moves , as her hair used to follow her moves then slowly cover up her shoulders when she stopped. Each time she fell , I would unconsciously stand up and want to help her, but then, my pride was what stopped me from going towards her. She was alone, she looked so fragile.
 
As usual, after practicing I went up to the composing room, and sat down, waiting for inspiration to come looking for me, I had to give the sheets back to Manager Jinho by the morning. It was 7PM, I had to finish it, so I took my pencil, and worked until my brain couldn't take it. After I took a long nap, a message from Dujun woke me up, asking me where I was, It was 1:05AM, I finished the work I had, but I was tired to the point that even coke wouldn't wake me up. I quickly packed my bag, and ran downstairs, As I arrived to the 1st floor, the first thing I did was rushing to check if she was there or not. The lights were off, no music, the door was closed. 'She must be sleeping now..' I thought to myself, I was sad that I didn't get to watch her that night, but after I saw how hard
she worked that week, I was glad that she went to get some rest, she needed it.

 

◘ My Joker


HyunA


Days had passed.. Nothing had changed, except for the fact that I used to sneak out from the dorms and go to the dance room to practice, I wanted to catch up with the other trainees, I knew I wasn't allowed, but I still did it, Joon used to stay up at night and wait for me to call him, so he could open the door to me after I finish practicing.
 
I sneaked out that day, as usual, and went to practice right after dinner, I was planning to practice more than the other days, since the next day I was supposed to perform a solo during the dance class, So I finished late, around 1AM .
 
I was extremely tired, all I wanted was to get to the dorms and sleep peacefully in my room, I was really confident, and was ready for the solo, I won't deny the fact that I was nervous too, but I was prepared for it.
 
I unplugged my iPod from the Hi-fi, grabbed my bag, put my water bottle in it, and left the room, my mind and soul were confident, I practiced well, and was ready to show everyone what I've got.
 
As soon as I got out from the dance room, a bunch of girls surrounded me.
 
“What are you doing so late in here Kim HyunA?” asked one of them, poking my forehead harshly.
 
I just stood there wondering if I should just ignore them and go to the dorms, they were all glaring at me meanly, their eyes were on fire, as I tried to escape from the circle they were forming around me, another one pulled my sweater from behind, while the one standing in front of me was coming closer.

“Let's see”, she said putting my hood down, “You have beautiful hair”, she continued, then took a strand of my hair, softly caressed it, then pulled it hardly.
 
I hated it when people used to touch my hair, I had developed chaetophobia along with my other anxiety disorders, I got it after I lost my mother, since she was the one taking care of my hair and always loved to see me with my hair down, and beautifully fixed, but ever since she passed away, I always tied it up and wore hoodies and caps to hide it.
 
“Don't touch my hair.” I said, pushing her hand away from me.
 
They all started laughing ironically, then suddenly stopped, when one of them asked them to keep quiet.
 
“What? Do you prefer us touching your belly then?” She asked, slowly putting her hands on my stomach, and continued asking “I'm curious.. Did you keep the baby .. Or did you get rid of it?”
 
I knew it was related to that rumor, so I just sighed deeply, and tried to escape once more, when the one behind grabbed my sweater from the back once again.
 
“I wonder what your parents feel about you .. It must be a shame for them to have a e as a daughter.” She said.
As those words penetrated my ears, I clinched my fist tightly, then without realizing it, turned back and punched her with all the strength inside me.
 
“Don't you dare bring up my parents.” ,I whispered.
 
When suddenly, I felt a whole bunch of hands pulling me back and putting me down to the ground, they were savagely pulling my hair and kicking me from all sides.. When I unexpectedly felt a hit right in my wound, I just lost my balance, and lied on the floor rolling in unbearable pain, I was covering my stomach to protect it, while they continued kicking me from the back and pulling my hair, when all of a sudden, I saw a pair of nike sneakers coming towards us.
 


“Get out.” Said a manly voice, I couldn't lift my head to see who it was.
 
As soon as the girls heard what he said, I could hear them apologizing, and I could see their skinny legs quickly disappearing from my view field.
 
I was tossing over the ground in pain, my hair was all messed up, I had blood in my left hand and my ankle, I tried to get up, but failed, when a hand pulled me lightly from the floor, my vision was blurred, and my hair was covering all my face, all I could see in front of me was a manly figure that I couldn't recognize since I was all dizzy, I collapsed.

◘ My Joker


Junhyung


"I was glad that she went to get some rest, she needed it.."
 
Once in the hall, I could see a bunch of trainees standing in the dark, they seemed like they were forming a circle around something at first, but when I got closer, I realized that they were surrounding a girl, whose back bag wasn't unfamiliar, they were mocking her, pulling her hair, and her sweater. She didn't have the strength to react, and I was aware of it, so I rushed to get her out of those poisonous monsters. As they ran back to the dorms, I bended to check if she was hurt, she was bleeding from her hand and her ankle, she didn't notice my presence, and tried getting up but in vain. She was holding her abdomen, I could see that she was deeply hurt. She then stared at me for a few seconds, then collapsed.
 
I quickly put her on my back, and ran to my room, her face turned blade, I gently put her on my bed and covered her up with my blanket. I put her back bag on the other side of the bed, and rushed to the kitchen to prepare some hot tea for her. After a while, I could hear some kind of noise from my room.
 


“Are you awake yet?” I asked.
 
The noise went on, still no response , I got worried, so I rushed to my room to check-up on her, when, I noticed that she was going towards the main door, holding her heavy bag, in bare feet. So I blocked her way. She didn't even raise her head to see who I was, and tried to get out from the fence I was forming with my arms. I held her arm, I could feel how cold it was, she was trembling.
“Where do you think you're going?”, I asked.
 
As she heard my voice, she slowly lifted up her head, and looked at me right through the eyes, her look was so powerful, I could feel my heart beating, she had milky skin, her face was pure innocence, it was the first time we looked at each other, face to face. We glanced at each other for a second, her eyes left a huge impact on me. I was mesmerized by her beautiful brown orbs.
 
She ignored me once more, and tried to get away from me, I put my other hand on her arm and pulled her back to the room.
 
I made her lay on my bed once again, and quickly took my first help set, I rushed to her, took her injured palm in my hands, her hands were so small , and felt so soft, I started cleaning her blood, and I could sense her looking at me as my head was down, she was moving , I could feel how uncomfortable she was, but she had to bear with it, she was hurt.
 
“Kim HyunA, stay still.”
, I said.
 
It was the first time I said her name, the words Kim HyunA melted on my mouth, just like sweet cotton candy.
 
She looked at me strangely, I knew what she was curious about, how did I know her name, and I knew the question that was going to follow it, and that's exactly why I  called her out by her name, so she could react to it, I wanted to hear her voice.
 
“How..How do you know my name?”, she asked.
 
I wanted to keep her still, so I just smiled and didn't answer, she was looking at me with those big eyes waiting for a response. I waited until I finished cleaning up the blood, then answered.
 
“Gikwang recognized you the other day.”, I said.
 
“G..Gikwang? Who's Gikwang?”
 
I liked playing those games, it was my signature. I enjoyed taking my time to answer her questions. She once again kept staring at me, then just sighed after a seconds of silence. When I broke the silence with my random question.
 
“It seems like you're not very updated about the entertainment world, are you?”
 

“I'm not.” She answered.
 
“I knew you weren't.. You seem different than the other girls, you're not the type to seek for attention.”
 
She didn't seem like she understood  the meaning behind my question. She just sighed again, and tried changing the subject.
 
“What..What's your name?”
 
“Yong Junhyung.” , I said, then continued “ You shouldn't let others bully you, I saw everything..”
 
She put her haid down, and tied her hair. I remembered that the tea I prepared for her was still in the kitchen, so I went back there to get it for her, she needed to drink something warm, her body looked frozen.
 
As I came back to my room, she wasn't there anymore. I knew she was waiting for the right moment to run away, I should have took her on my back to the kitchen. I went out to check if she was still close, but she was nowhere to be found.. 'Kim HyunA, you sure are something'.

◘ My Joker


HyunA


"I collapsed.."
 
-----
 
“Are you awake yet?” said the manly voice I heard at the incident, the sound was coming from another place.
 
I slowly opened my eyes, I could notice that we weren't at the same place anymore , I was in a huge bed covered with a warm polar blanket, my wound was still hurting me, I reached to my bag which was on the other side of the bed, checked my phone, surprisingly, it was already 3AM, I had 12 missed calls from Joon who was probably waiting for me to go back to the dorms, so I quickly got up from the bed and went running to the front door, when a tall figure blocked my way.
 
“Where do you think you're going?” He said.
 
As I slowly lifted my head to see who it was, my bag suddenly fell from my hands, my brain couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing, I could clearly see now what he looked like, he was tall, his jawline was perfectly drawn, he had a beautiful skin tone, his hair was extremely messy, yet, it looked perfect on him, he was one of the guys of the other day, the one who was behind, a BEAST member.
 
I ignored him and continued my way to the door, when he came in front of me again, and blocked my way once more.
 
“You're hurt.”
He said, pulling my arm gently, and taking me back to the room.
 
I didn't know what he wanted from me, all I knew, was that I didn't want any more problems, and he sure, was a problem.
 
He opened his drawer and took alcohol, cotton, and two patches out, after making me lay on the bed, he then held my hand and started cleaning the blood, I could feel his cold fingers grazing my skin, he seemed really concentrated, I was there, watching him, although I wanted to get up and leave, I was too tired to, I had no energy left.
 
All I could hear was his breathing, I was trying to hold my breath to not make things even more awkward than they already were, when I suddenly heard my ringtone, on the other side of the room, I tried getting up to go pick up, when he strongly blocked me with his arm.
 
“Kim HyunA.. Stay still.” He said.
 
How did he know my name? It was strange.. the only time I saw him, was my first day in cube, and I didn't even see him well.
“How..How do you know my name?” I asked.
 
He smiled, and continued cleaning my injured hand, my phone was still ringing, as much as I wanted to answer, I wanted to know how he knew who I was.
 
“Gikwang recognized you the other day.” He said.
 
“G..Gikwang? Who's Gikwang?” I asked curiously.
 
He smiled again, took the cotton he was using and threw it away, without answering my question, he seemed like he wasn't going to answer, I didn't want to ask him again, so I just gave up.
 
“It seems like you're not very updated about the entertainment world, are you?” He asked.
 
“I'm not.”
 
“I knew you weren't.. You seem different than the other girls, you're not the type to seek for attention.”
 
“What..What's your name?”
I asked.
 
“Yong Junhyung.” He said, with a side smile, I guess he wasn't used to people asking him about his name since he was an Idol.
 
“You shouldn't let others bully you..”
He said, then lifted his head and continued “I saw everything..”
 
I just stayed there, I didn't know why, but each time he spoke, I could feel his voice deeply penetrating my brain.
 
The room swept into a deep silence, I had remembered that Joon was waiting for me, so I waited for the right moment to leave, as soon as he went to the other room, I quickly jumped off the bed, and left.