Chapter 10 - Help from Dad

Fire and Water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KYUHYUN’S POV

I stirred from my sleep and finally woke up. At first everything was blurry, but after a while my mother’s face came into full view.

“Kyuhyun! Get up and eat breakfast!” Umma barked to my face.

I groggily sat up and was immediately disturbed by the piercing sunlight that was passing through the window right in front of my bed.

“Umma! The window!” I exclaimed.

“Wash up and eat breakfast you lazy kid.” Umma ordered.

“But it’s Saturday!” I whined.

“Go down and eat.” She said more sternly and left my room with heavy footsteps.

I stood up and headed to the bathroom that was a few steps away from my bedroom’s living room.

I faced the mirror then yawned. I was up till the wee hours of the morning, planning for our Ed assignment. Qian should thank me with her life. I yawned again at the thought.

“CHO KYUHYUN!” My mom shouted from downstairs. I hurriedly took a shower and went downstairs for breakfast after dressing up.

“Mianhe.” I mumbled when I reached the dining hall.

“Did you get enough sleep?” Appa asked. His face was buried in the newspaper that he was reading.

“Aniyo.” I yawned again. “I was up late doing stuffs for school.”

“Some miracle. You’re actually studying.” Umma mumbled with a laugh.

“Umma! I’m a really good student.” I pushed on.

“Arasseo. Arsseo.” Umma and Appa both nodded in unison.

When the food was served to us, my stomach made flips.

“Yah. What’s this? It looks awful! I think you have to fire the chef.” I exclaimed.

Appa suddenly laughed and Umma had a grim expression on her face.

“Wae?” I asked, looking at both of them.

“Eat up.” Umma said sternly. Appa was still hurling in laughter.

“I don’t want to.” I stuck out my tongue. “This looks horrible!” I exclaimed.

“I cooked that.” My mom suddenly announced. I suddenly choked on my orange juice.

“MWO?!” I exclaimed, almost spitting out my drink.

“Yea she did.” Appa managed in between his laughs. Umma threw him a dark look.

"Eat up kiddo!" Appa ordered at once when he realized how glum Umma looked.

"Shiroyo! You eat it first." I pouted at Appa. He gulped and took a big bite of I had no idea what it is. After a few tries of swallowing it. Appa choked the food out and  wiped his mouth.

"Appa! That's gross!" I exclaimed while hurling in laughter.

"I can't afford to have a stomach ache during today's meeting. Sorry Yeobo~" Appa turned to Umma who had blazing fire on her eyes. Yup, she's  definitely angry.

"Why do you insist on cooking when we have a chef and numerous kitchen staffs? You make our helpers feel useless Umma." I said as I munched on bread and gulped on orange juice.

"Though our family doctor sure is going to be busy." Appa said.

"Eh. Weyo?" I asked as I munched on another slice of bread.

"Because if we continue eating Romi's cooking, I'm sure we'll have stomach aches good enough for the rest of our lives." Appa laughed  heartily. I suddenly choked on my food when I gazed unto Umma.

"Yah! It doesn't look that bad!" Umma reasoned out.

"Doesn't look as bad as it tastes." Appa commented then hurled again in laughter. Tears were now coming out of his eyes. I tried to stop from laughing but it was to no avail, within seconds I was already following Appa's consecutive laughs.

Umma's face was flushed, and as if to prove to us that the food doesn't taste that bad, she bravely scooped a spoonful and stuffed it into . Appa and I watched as Umma's face changed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter